Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Prime video

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why do the Indians get prime music included and we don't? Very unfair.
    Anyone have an idea of a title that's included on UK prime but not on Irish prime? I can't find any to check.

joinme wrote: »
    what/where does one get a generic turkish address?

Irish Embassy is always a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

wiz569 wrote: »
    Without m8 :)

Cheers mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

swingking wrote: »
    Is there a sticky showing which services are cheaper through VPN

So far I have YouTube premium and tidal at a cheap price

Turkey / India are pretty much unbeatable for what's on offer. The differences are negligible

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

how do you confirm an indian/turkish phone number verification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Spn744 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if you get all the videos available in Ireland when signing up via the OP’s method. I have a U.K. prime account but since brexit the majority of films and tv shows say “not available in your location”

Thanks

I use Getflix and now have access again to my UK library including Premier League when they show it. I think I paid for 2 years and it was €30.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    Why do the Indians get prime music included and we don't? Very unfair.
    Anyone have an idea of a title that's included on UK prime but not on Irish prime? I can't find any to check.

I have UK Prime and I have Amazon Music with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

4real wrote: »
    how do you confirm an indian/turkish phone number verification?

I received a verification request today via email. No mention of any other verification option in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Do you need to use a new amazon account and how many screens does prine video allow?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Not sure if you need a new account but i wanted to share it so i didn't want my credit card shared with people. I think prime video allows 3 screens simultaneous screens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Hi All! So after using the cheap youtube method here in Bargain Alerts, I've been playing around with susbcriptions and found a way to get cheap prime video.

1. i signed up to a new account on amazon turkey:
    - used chrome with translate function
    - generic turkish address

As pointed out by bitthuduga, this will also work with an Amazon India account. Seems a bit cheaper and there's a yearly payment option there as well.

Thank you to Wheety for posting generic address generator
    https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/

2. Added a revolut card to account

3. Signed up to prime:
    - first month free
    -TRY 7.90 - around 90 cents a month after
    (i'm planning to buy TRY with Revolut for the year)

4. Card authorization went with no blocks

5. Sign in to devices using new account details

For fire devices, all sideloaded apps remained the same, the apps you get from amazon you have to download and install again (can't remember if they kept the login but i think they did)

6. Now working in all my devices
    (i have a few people in a couple of countries in the account, no issues streaming)

Only diference for me is a new turkish audio/subtitle section.

Hope it works for other people!
    I'm off to see what else i can sign up for for cheap :)

Cheers for this. Really appreciate it. Now if you could do it for Discovery+ , it would be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can someone point me in the right direction for the cheap youtube premium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

If I set up an Indian/Turkish prime account will it then work on the ps4 prime video app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Cheers for this. Really appreciate it. Now if you could do it for Discovery+ , it would be great :)
    i got discovery+ india. not sure of catalogue. i can see few indian new videos added along with other discovery shows. cost me 199 indian rupees for an year

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

So you took a turkish subscription and it works in other country ?

Kolido wrote: »
    Do you need to use a new amazon account and how many screens does prine video allow?

I kept my Amazon Prime UK /irl account on the fire stick.
    I then downloaded the prime video app directly onto my Samsung smart tv, and logged in with my new Turkish account and it gave me a code on the tv to pair with 'prime video/activate' or something similar. I logged in through a Turkish VPN on the mobile and through Google Translate just entered the activation code on my phone and it paired up immediately with the TV.
    I had paid for the original prime as a yearly sub and that expires at the end of April. The Turkish Prime did give me three screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I notice that India includes prime music whereas Turkey doesn't but I can't get the Revolut card accepted on Amazon India. Has anyone git India sub working and what card did you use. I'm currently on the free Turkey trail. India sub works out around 11eur for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Cheers OP

Can I share the login with the friends I give my netflix to without them seeing my credit card details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I kept my Amazon Prime UK /irl account on the fire stick.
    I then downloaded the prime video app directly onto my Samsung smart tv, and logged in with my new Turkish account and it gave me a code on the tv to pair with 'prime video/activate' or something similar. I logged in through a Turkish VPN on the mobile and through Google Translate just entered the activation code on my phone and it paired up immediately with the TV.
    I had paid for the original prime as a yearly sub and that expires at the end of April. The Turkish Prime did give me three screens.

There's no way I can login to the Turkish prime video on my 4k firestick at all without the whole lot being Turkish? There's no clone app or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can someone point me in the right direction for the cheap youtube premium?

There is a current thread on this. YouTube premium for around 1 euro per year. Less than 2 euro for a family membership

BKWDR wrote: »
    There's no way I can login to the Turkish prime video on my 4k firestick at all without the whole lot being Turkish? There's no clone app or anything?

I don't know. As I'd only a few months left on the other prime I just decided to see what would happen if I loaded an app independently onto the tv. So I've the original on the fire stick and the new Turkish one on the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

i got discovery+ india. not sure of catalogue. i can see few indian new videos added along with other discovery shows. cost me 199 indian rupees for an year

Oh interesting. How did you get the billing to work? Mine keeps failing at that stage

You could setup your entire firestick with a Turkish account, you can change location of your device in your account to download apps from store and then change back to Turkish when installed. Don't think you'd notice

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Thank you very much OP.
    Prime Video Turkey up & running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Does the indian prime video have heavy censorship like cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Thanks for this. I’ve signed up and I was looking for a German series that was supposed to be launched last month called ‘Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof zoo’ (We children from Bahnhof zoo) but it’s not on Turkish Prime. Does anybody know if it’s on UK/Ireland Prime? Or if there’s any significant difference in availability of TV/movies in general?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There is a current thread on this. YouTube premium for around 1 euro per year. Less than 2 euro for a family membership

i believe you meant 1 euro a month and not year?

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Oh interesting. How did you get the billing to work? Mine keeps failing at that stage

i did through firestick. i have firestick set to indian amazon prime.
    got an offer for 199 inr for subscribing via firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Does Turkish Prime also show live tennis tournaments like the Prime UK?

Also, would be interested what selections are there compared to the UK and the Irish one (which since the new year has been left with basically just Amazon Originals content)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

camz09 wrote: »
    Does Turkish Prime also show live tennis tournaments like the Prime UK?

Also, would be interested what selections are there compared to the UK and the Irish one (which since the new year has been left with basically just Amazon Originals content)

If you're Amazon Prime is only showing Original content then it may be set up incorrectly. Can you seen Justified, Downton Abbey or Bobs Burgers for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Does it have the complete series of south park?

Advertisement