Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Faddy trends in home design

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Do you not miss natural light? I put makeup on in my ensuite and prefer to have daylight for it.

I have a dressing table in front of the window, l don't think my husband would appreciate me hogging the ensuite each morning. To be honest I feel pretty lucky to have a three bed three bathroom house, so I'm not that picky about the ensuite not having a window!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

GingerLily wrote: »
    I have a dressing table in front of the window, l don't think my husband would appreciate me hogging the ensuite each morning. To be honest I feel pretty lucky to have a three bed three bathroom house, so I'm not that picky about the ensuite not having a window!!

3 bathrooms is generally the norm now, but I'd insist on natural light in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

3 bathrooms is generally the norm now, but I'd insist on natural light in all of them.

Norm for new builds perhaps.

Sure all I'm saying is that damp isn't an issue in ensuites without windows in new builds because of the ventilation, and it genuinely doesn't bother me not having a window!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hide the TV by hanging it at eye level on a bracket and then paint the wall behind it a very dark colour. The TV disappears and most people don't even notice ours until it's turned on.

Your fish tank is on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Everything mentioned here as a fad, can and does work in the right home. stencilling. panelling, whatever.

It's all about how the individual pulls them together. My 12 year old fad 3 and 2 seater chocolate brown sofas look really great with handmade cushions, Danish throw and a mix of modern and antique furniture.

Everyone's style is personal.

The thing I learned is there is no right and wrong in designing your own home, because it's just that, yours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement