Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a book to help me understand toxic, dysfunctional families

• 19-04-2021 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

and the roles people end up with like Golden Child, Scapegoat, Helper etc?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

john9876 wrote: »
    and the roles people end up with like Golden Child, Scapegoat, Helper etc?

TIA

I'd say have a look at these videos from Stanfords Robert Saplolsky, the complex inter play between genetics, evolution and culture are all touched upon in this excellent lecture series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy & Reclaiming Your Life - Susan Forward
    But its your family.... - Dr Sherrie Campbell (Good but there is a bit at the end about Religion which I thought was unnecessary)
    It didn't start with you... - Mark Wolynn

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kayleigh2023

@statto25 😊I like Susan Forward too. Your recommendations seems useful, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Youre welcome. Also take a look at Nicole LePeras books. She uses a "self-healing" method and can spark controversy but Ive found her books and indeed her tweets to be pretty spot on. Sometimes I wonder if shes behind my couch her tweets are so apt to my life.

Advertisement