Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - Xbox 360 Charge and Play €5.99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Them things are rubbish, after about 3 months they don't hold a charge so it's just another wired controller.

Probably better to get one of these http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9804252/Trail/searchtext%3EBATTERY+CHARGER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1
    there rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

RasTa wrote: »
    Them things are rubbish, after about 3 months they don't hold a charge so it's just another wired controller.

Probably better to get one of these http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9804252/Trail/searchtext%3EBATTERY+CHARGER.htm

I've had mine for close to a year now and still get good battery life out of a full charge......thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

maximoose wrote: »
    I've had mine for close to a year now and still get good battery life out of a full charge......thanks op!
    Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Thanks OP could do with one for the spare controller
    RasTa wrote: »

have mine over a year and a half, no problems at all, same with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks OP ordered 2 in tralee ( one for me, one for a friend! ) even 5.99 for the charger cable is good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

+1 with the rubbish barely lasted a month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I've one over 3 years and still get a huge amount of time out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

got one of the gamestop branded ones and it still holds its charge after 18 months.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've one over 3 years and still get a huge amount of time out of it.
    Likewise.

No probs whatsoever with mine. Great bargain imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PacManFan

Anybody know if these are the Microsoft ones? It just says "Xbox 360 compatible Charge and Play".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

PacManFan wrote: »
    Anybody know if these are the Microsoft ones? It just says "Xbox 360 compatible Charge and Play".

No they're not - cheap Chinese knock offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bought two these the last time they came up on BA and regret it. Both don't physically connect as securly as the Ms ones and one needs to be constantly hooked up to function for more than an hour. Charge on the other is very poor. I've an official one back at my parents and that became really poor after six months so i've not much hope for the "decent" one that's still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

Cheers OP have 2 reserved Great little Christmas Presents.

And for the people thats complaining about them they're 6 odd euro the same price as a decent packet of batteries and this is almost guaranteed to last longer for an xbox controller. Im sure if they're looked after proper and let go dead before being recharged all the time they should be fine :) Got 2 from hong kong a while back and they lasted about 6 months and It was the charger connections that broke more so than the charge they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

Got one of the official Microsoft ones for €10 in harvey norman at the weekend, and last year, just after chrstmas it was down to €7.50. Definitely better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

In fairness the official Microsoft ones aren't much better. I'm on my second one in 2 years and it's starting to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

Adyx wrote: »
    In fairness the official Microsoft ones aren't much better. I'm on my second one in 2 years and it's starting to fail.

I'd say that's just bad luck, I've had two for years, and fully charged/discharged them each time and they're still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I bought one of these 2 months ago and they are complete junk, the battery won't even last half an hour. Spend the few extra euro on a microsoft kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Have to agree, I found these pretty poor. Although as Adyx said, it's not like the Microsoft one is amazing either (although it is a very considerable improvement relatively speaking so I would definitely go for the MS one especially if you can get a deal on it)

Advertisement