Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jasonelse

Hi All,
    I'm wondering if anyone who bought Ash from the last phase but hasn't get the snag notification yet?
    I hope I'm not the only one :D
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sara504

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering does anyone have any suggestion for good snagging service familiar Royal Canal park?

I would really appreciate it if you send me their number.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dlen

Hi all,

We've just signed contracts for one of the new Hazel's and we were wondering if anyone had a structural survey done? Our solicitor has advised us to get one done even though its a new build and we thought we wouldn't have to. Any advice on this would be very welcome.

Also we've been quoted 450 euro for an interior snag and we were wondering is this standard?

Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Anybody have a contact for window cleaner please? Preferably one that can clean all of the top floor windows on a Heron.
    We did get a guy who did them after snagging previously, but he didn't have the right tools to reach the top part of the top floor windows.

Thanks in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

janeybaby wrote: »
    Anybody have a contact for window cleaner please? Preferably one that can clean all of the top floor windows on a Heron.

Thanks in advance !

I need this also if you find it.

Did anyone manage to do a good job of cleaning the parking space on a Heron? Need to do that also! Anyone hire someone to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gmurali

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone in this forum living in a Heron have Water softer installed?
    If so, i will be really grateful if i could get answers for the below questions in PM.

1. What brand is better. (I have heard a metered softener is more efficient than a timed one)
    2. Where did you get this installed?(under the sink cabinet or any other location)?
    3. How frequently did you have to change salts?
    4. Rough estimate on the costs (including fitting a drinking water Tap).

Regards

Gokul

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

I had the 'network security' guys at the door the other night - they seemed to be doing the rounds of the estates and told me 6/7 had signed up. I'm tempted to go with them but know nothing about them (or any other alarm providers, for that matter). Does anyone know if network security are 'any good' or any other recommendations for alarms etc?
    Thanks Kj

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has a fire escape plan they could share? It just occurred to me the other night that my small extinguisher in the kitchen won't be much use if I was asleep on the second floor of the heron house. Hopefully it'll never be an issue but I'm going to buy an extinguisher and a couple of fire blankets (to wrap around us). Debating the merits of one of those rope ladders that could go out the front window or is that a bit over the top considering there's fire alarms in every room?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 amiurve

cronos wrote: »
    I believe Cablewatch is the only option.

Yes that’s true. After all hassle going with Cablewatch!!

Thanks!!

gmurali wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone in this forum living in a Heron have Water softer installed?
    If so, i will be really grateful if i could get answers for the below questions in PM.

1. What brand is better. (I have heard a metered softener is more efficient than a timed one)
    2. Where did you get this installed?(under the sink cabinet or any other location)?
    3. How frequently did you have to change salts?
    4. Rough estimate on the costs (including fitting a drinking water Tap).

Regards

Gokul

Yea, I'm searching for the water softener as well which doesn't need to fill the salt. But for the type Ash. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Jasonelse wrote: »
    Yea, I'm searching for the water softener as well which doesn't need to fill the salt. But for the type Ash. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance!

We have the kinetico system, supposed to be the best, also probably most expensive (around €1700). Doesn't need servicing, guaranteed for 10 years. It does use salt blocks though (as opposed to a big heavy 25kg bag of salt). We're really happy with it, no issues with water pressure and no limescale anywhere. We were willing to make to big investment mainly for the air to water system as much as the limescale on shower doors but they might be completely unrelated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Forumsie wrote: »
    We have the kinetico system, supposed to be the best, also probably most expensive (around €1700). Doesn't need servicing, guaranteed for 10 years. It does use salt blocks though (as opposed to a big heavy 25kg bag of salt). We're really happy with it, no issues with water pressure and no limescale anywhere. We were willing to make to big investment mainly for the air to water system as much as the limescale on shower doors but they might be completely unrelated

Are you in a heron? If so can you share pictures and supplier details via PM if possible? Thanks :)

Forumsie wrote: »

Thanks Forumsie. Is the softener cover the whole house? I mean for Kitchen use and the shower? Thanks.

cronos wrote: »
    Are you in a heron? If so can you share pictures and supplier details via PM if possible? Thanks :)

+1 for these please, if you don't mind that is! :)

Jasonelse wrote: »
    Thanks Forumsie. Is the softener cover the whole house? I mean for Kitchen use and the shower? Thanks.

The whole house, it's attached to the mains in the kitchen. See pictures below

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If you get a group of neighbors to buy from Eirsoft you can get a discount of €150 on https://www.eirsoftwater.ie/product/clack-softener-reverse-osmosis/

I was told even with 3 houses. We got 5 or 6 houses in total.

Hi All,

I'm looking to get Security alarm for our ASH house. Having spoken with number of provider on it, I'm more confused as in which one to go for. Finally I'm more inclined on Safenet and Securigard. Any suggestions/ feedback on this would be highly appreciated.

Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

amiurve wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking to get Security alarm for our ASH house. Having spoken with number of provider on it, I'm more confused as in which one to go for. Finally I'm more inclined on Safenet and Securigard. Any suggestions/ feedback on this would be highly appreciated.

Thank You!

We went with Securigard for our Ash. The service was prompt and good: everything worked after the installation, and the installer did a good job explaining how the alarm system worked and different modes of operation. We also opted for SMS alerts, which cost us 5 Euros every 6 messages. The only downside was that when a sensor stopped working, it took them four months to come out to check it, so for future servicing we'll be looking for third-party experts, if possible.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    We went with Securigard for our Ash. The service was prompt and good: everything worked after the installation, and the installer did a good job explaining how the alarm system worked and different modes of operation. We also opted for SMS alerts, which cost us 5 Euros every 6 messages. The only downside was that when a sensor stopped working, it took them four months to come out to check it, so for future servicing we'll be looking for third-party experts, if possible.

Thank you Bruncvik for detailed response!

I'm nearly there to finalise Safenet. I think they mentioned €5 to top up for messages p.m. rather messages. I'm aiming to minimize recurring costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

We went with a Siemens/Vanderbilt alarm (SPC 4320 panel) and very happy with it.
    Its an IP panel so you can simply wire it to your router and use the Siemens app to control it once you have it all set up with an account plus authentication. It means you can have push notifications to the phone + emails and control alot of the features remotely via your phone. No re-occuring charges. It also supports a GSM module if you wanted to go down the route of txt messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 engineer0

slayerking wrote: »
    We went with a Siemens/Vanderbilt alarm (SPC 4320 panel) and very happy with it.
    Its an IP panel so you can simply wire it to your router and use the Siemens app to control it once you have it all set up with an account plus authentication. It means you can have push notifications to the phone + emails and control alot of the features remotely via your phone. No re-occuring charges. It also supports a GSM module if you wanted to go down the route of txt messages.

I believe spc 4320 is quite a popular wired solution.

We are looking into a wired standalone alarms as well, did you install it yourself ? Where do you put the panel ? It doesn't have to have a cable to the modem, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

engineer0 wrote: »
    I believe spc 4320 is quite a popular wired solution.

We are looking into a wired standalone alarms as well, did you install it yourself ? Where do you put the panel ? It doesn't have to have a cable to the modem, right ?

I didn't wire it myself, got someone to supply and install for me (PM me if you want details of who). The panel itself is in the utility room. It is wired to the router directly via ethernet cable. Conveniently, both the router and panel are only a few feet apart (its a Heron house).

We also went for the upgraded keypad (SPCK520), its a backlit, glass touch keypad - its a little nicer looking than the standard keypad and has a nice blue hue off it around the outside when active.

I use the app probably every day, very convenient for things like setting at night from the bedroom/disabling specific zones/inhibiting windows if you want to open one on a roasting night but keep the rest of the house set/see if a window is open etc

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

MasterSun wrote: »

It's an otter. Clearly a slow news day yesterday as all the outlets ran with the story. I expected better from the Irish Times! There's a video on the facebook page. Definitely an otter

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gmurali

Hi Arbie,

Would you be able to PM me the details of the company that installed your blinds at Heron?
    I am unable to PM you as I have not reached the 25 posts count.

Many Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cormacn

Hi all,

Medium term lurker, first time poster. Myself and my partner are going into be moving into a new Hazel shortly. Expecting to get a call to snag in the next week or two.

Very excited to be moving in now and share an area with this otter/coypu now also of course.

All of the previous posts here have been great for guidance to expect.

@slayerking - if you would be willing to share details of the person you used to install your alarm, that would be great.

@ everyone/anyone - blinds - what worked, what didn't, who you used and did they need to come and take their own measurements? Any and all insights gratefully received.

I am sure I will have no end of further newbie first time buyer queries as the days adn weeks progress, but this forum has already been a great resource so thanks all,

cheers

Hi Guys,

can anyone recommend a dog walker / pet sitter in the Ashtown area please?
    We are looking to line someone up for our little chap during the week.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcb1986

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good snagger that you used for your RCP house? Expecting to be at the snagging stage in 2-4 weeks.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated via pm or on here

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Has anyone had issues with heating, We are in less than 2 years and the heating has failed error code is "ERR K OUTPUT" Called Joule and they could not fix it over phone.

Does Joule charge for a repair when it is under 2 years and has been serviced ?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gilly131

jcb1986 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good snagger that you used for your RCP house? Expecting to be at the snagging stage in 2-4 weeks.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated via pm or on here
    Would also appreciate details of a good snagger if anyone is happy to share...

And if anyone has a recommendation for blinds installation that would be appreciated too!

Advertisement