Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about hanging out...

• 16-02-2004 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

I've a question for gay people here and I s'pose straight aswell.
    How do you choose your friends, when you are gay or bisexual.
    What pitfalls if any do ye have in relation to the friendships, and do you tell them straight away of your orientation?
    Whats the toughest part about the choosing etc

edited to remove my personal rant about someone that was doing my head in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I've never actively chosen my friends. Once or twice I have told people to back off but thats down to them getting too close for comfort when they have an impression of the relationship that is incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ridgewalker

i dont think I conciously choose my friends.However i ceratainly have conciously choosen to stay well away from some annoying bas***ds.
    Its more a case of giving the new people you meet the benifit of the doubt at the begining. Aswell, friendship is never goin to be a onesided affair so the notion that you choose a friend mean feic all if that person doesnt want to be yours.

about when and who to come out to.... I think there no sure and fast formulea to that. To some extent it can nearly depend on my mood at the time of meeting them. Quite often i dont feel the need to make my sexuality an issue of high priority when i'm first introduced to people. Its too easy for people to associate a person with there sexuality...exmp. ' you know paul....the gay one!!!!'. i'd prefer to let them get to know the personality first....to avoid any early typecasting. And also its much funnier shocking peolple a few weeks down the line and seeing their reactions!!!

but thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't really choose my friends. It's really a simple case of "do I enjoy a person's company?" "does he/she enjoy my company?" to begin with. Of course other things such as trust etc. have to develop from that then.

Advertisement