Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity donation tax relief tool

• 14-12-2020 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Thinking about creating a small tool for nonprofits in Ireland to calculate tax relief they can claim on their donations for their own websites.

Approved bodies in ireland are allowed claim up to 41% taxback on donations over 250€ from irish tax payers/companies.

The tax payers have to download, fill out, sign and send in a special form though.

Wondering how I can streamline the process. And add value. The tool itself would probably be JS with either a slider or text input.

I'd give the tool away for free of course. I will be contacting charities directly for input once I've fleshed out the idea.

Any ideas on how I can make this work? Possibly by adding a gameification element?

Advertisement