Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free video editor - just need shorten large clips

• 28-06-2020 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I've tried using Windows 10 Photos and it seems to do what I want but then crashes as it tries to save large video files.

All I want to do is cut the overrun from a screen video grab and the file I was trying with is a 6GB MP4 that is about 1hr 30 minutes long and when I crop the last 10 minutes off and "Finish project" it goes through the motions and then just closes after about 10 minutes and saves a zero byte file. There may be a 2GB file limit as thats around the size of the temp file before it stops working.

I know I'm expecting a bit much but is there anything free that will just allow me to crop files that big without adding a watermark? I don't need any other features.

Edit> Part solved my problem by saving the video as two smaller clips. Not ideal but solves the issue and allows me to clip out stuff I don't want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Honestly, there is no free software that comes with quality. Most of them add a watermark. That's why it is better to pick Adobe video editing software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Coyote

bit late for a reply but
    DaVinci Resolve is free and just as good as Adobe software for video editing

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phelant

Shotcut also

Advertisement