Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Building a App help

• 17-11-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey techies,
    have a basic idea but struggling to bring it to life. I am trying to build a App for a closed group within a company. Workers currently come in at morning coffee and we take their lunch order. The idea of the app is so people can pre order their lunch from the cafeteria during the morning. Then the kitchen will know what numbers to expect and how much to cook. It would also entice people who can't make morning coffee to still order. The app will contain a menu page and a order form.
    I built the app fully in Appypie (avoiding any premium features) however it still requires me to buy a plan to push my app live. Is there any way to get this up and running? I don't even want it on Google play or app store. I would prefer to just give a download link to users. I can't seem to find a way to make this happen without paying fees. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Have you tried contacting their support?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just use a Google Form or something. This doesn't need to be an app or in any way complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

On Android you can just send people the APK, which is the file you're left with after you compile the code.
    On iOS, I don't think you have any other option than to push it to the app store, which is $99 per year. BTW, pushing to the Google Play Store is a once off €25.

Your handiest option is probably some internal web page with a basic form.

Advertisement