Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

eagle eye wrote: »
    The more fights that take place outside the US the better. I can't stand Rogan, he's pretty clueless.

I don't understand how so many people seem to like Rogan. He's wrong so often and just buys into hype way too much. Can't wait till he retires.

Marina Rodriguez playing to the crowd with this walkout music? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    Really confused to want to shag borat

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

I don't understand how so many people seem to like Rogan. He's wrong so often and just buys into hype way too much. Can't wait till he retires.

I like his enthusiasm and I think he is really funny. I loved watching his youtube channel before he moved.

I'm not bothered if he is wrong from time to time, nobody is perfect. He brings a lot to the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Whatever about missing crowds, I sure as fûck didn't miss that stupid "whoo"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    Seems to be Irish in the house. Could put a fight on the moon and we'd be there

I like his enthusiasm and I think he is really funny. I loved watching his youtube channel before he moved.

I'm not bothered if he is wrong from time to time, nobody is perfect. He brings a lot to the UFC.

I guess it's just a personal preference thing. He does nothing for me personally, kinda grew out of the pod as well.

I don't like Cormier on commentary either, too childlike. Bisping at least has the charisma to carry it. I like Gooden and Hardy the best tbh, Felder is decent too.

Herb ****ed up there

A preview of things to come with Herb Dean, desperate referee.

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    Herb ****ed up there

Sorry, my mistake, I was sure he put a hand on her

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seems to be Irish in the house. Could put a fight on the moon and we'd be there

I actually know someone there which surprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Poirier by Sub
    Herb f**king up already

I think it was an easy mistake. I thought the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Might as well have. Luckily Rodriguez bailed him out by finishing her again.

Might as well have. Luckily Rodriguez bailed him out by finishing her again.

Nah, on replay, he was looking close, but didn't tell her it was over, and didn't put a hand on her to stop. Fight till the ref stops you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Herb is so bad now.

He stumbled over them, stopped her from punching, then says keep on fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Whatever about the ref, that was some lovely striking to end the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    No fault from Herb there in my opinion. It's like a football player stopping because he sees the ref put the whistle towards his lips but not actually blow it.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    No fault from Herb there in my opinion. It's like a football player stopping because he sees the ref put the whistle towards his lips but not actually blow it.

If you're gonna move in, stop the fight. Nothing worse than indecision.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Whatever about the ref, that was some lovely striking to end the fight.

Yeah agreed, great striking there from Marina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I kind of agree, but people talk about fighter's landing unnecessary blows, it's no wonder. They will continue to do it if referees act like that. Herb got in too close in my opinion. I can understand where the confusion came from.

But yeah, I suppose just keep fighting until you're dragged off your opponent. Leaves no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Nah, on replay, he was looking close, but didn't tell her it was over, and didn't put a hand on her to stop. Fight till the ref stops you

Looking close? It was basically a threesome.

Very silly from Herb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

What time is mcgregor fighting?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I kind of agree, but people talk about fighter's landing unnecessary blows, it's no wonder. They will continue to do it if referees act like that. Herb got in too close in my opinion. I can understand where the confusion came from.

But yeah, I suppose just keep fighting until you're dragged off your opponent. Leaves no doubt.

I mean, Ribas hits the deck and is getting hammer fisted in the head pretty much unanswered. Looks to be a clear stoppage to me. Herb Dean has more dodgy moments than most refs, even though I do concede he referees a LOT of fights.

McGregor by Sub

Like Felder says, that's why fighters ground and pound until the ref drags them off. He moved in a little early and then realised Ribas was still defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

McGregor by Sub

He actually did it twice.

Herb is a legend and I understand he never touched them, but it looked like he was stepping in to stop it.

Like Felder says, that's why fighters ground and pound until the ref drags them off. He moved in a little early and then realised Ribas was still defending.

She was in a turtle position getting blasted in the head, she wasn't intelligently defending herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

McGregor by Sub
    She was in a turtle position getting blasted in the head, she wasn't intelligently defending herself.

Agreed.

If he wants a better look, grand. But don't rush forward in the exact same manner every ref has stopped every fight ever up to that point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

What time is mcgregor fighting?

5am or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement