Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Peehs in Sheep's Clothing : Doctor Who Edition

• 14-05-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

cjok4ej.jpg

After taking part in so many Sheep, Peehs and other variations, I thought it was about time I made one myself. And I’m not just using a basic format

For the most part, this is a game of Sheep, with all the standard rules attached, however there’s a twist

The four questions with the highest-scoring Sheeps will have their scores reversed, and essentially be scored like a game of Peehs

For example, if a round went as follows:

Answer A – Answered by 11 people
    Answer B – 7 people
    C – 4
    D – 1

If 11 was one of the four highest-scoring Sheeps in the game, then the one person who answered D would actually get 11 points, the people who answered C would get 7, and so on

The person with the most points at the end of the game will be declared the winner

The topic is Doctor Who, however because this is - for the most part - a game of Sheep, Google IS allowed, and I have tried to pick questions that are easily Google-able for anyone who hasn’t seen the show

Please PM me your answers, and I will have the reveal in about two weeks

The questions:

1. Name an actor or actress to play The Doctor from 1963-2004
    2. Name an actor or actress to play The Doctor from 2005-present
    3. Name an actor or actress to play The Master

4. Name one of The Doctor’s companions from 1963-2004 (character name, not actor name)
    5. Name one of The Doctor’s companions from 2005-present (character name, not actor name)

6. Name an episode or story in which the Daleks appear
    7. Name an episode or story in which the Cybermen appear
    8. Name an episode or story that was originally broadcast on Christmas Day
    9. Name an episode or story in which a ‘regeneration’ takes place

10. Name a planet in the Doctor Who universe
    11. Name an alien species in the Doctor Who universe (Daleks and Cybermen not included)
    12. Name a Time Lord (The Doctor and The Master not included)
    13. Name one of the six words for which ‘TARDIS’ is an acronym

tenor.gif?itemid=7806427

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Just when you thought Sheep couldn't get more complicated :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm so in for this, love Doctor Who.

I need to think about my answers though, given how complicated and spicy that twist is!!!

So just to confirm, of the 13 questions, only 4 will have the twist, so really what your aiming for is regular SHEEP in 9 of the questions, and in the 4 you think will have the biggest SHEEP, you want the EPSHE (or 4th best answer), so PEEHS is never actually the goal...

Do I have that right?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

So just to confirm, of the 13 questions, only 4 will have the twist, so really what your aiming for is regular SHEEP in 9 of the questions, and in the 4 you think will have the biggest SHEEP, you want the EPSHE (or 4th best answer), so PEEHS is never actually the goal...

Do I have that right?

The first part, yes, you are right

The second part, you want the Peehs, i.e. the answer that the fewest people will say. The sample I used had four options, but it isn't the fourth-best answer you want, it's the last one you want

Of course which questions for which that will apply, I have no idea :)

The first part, yes, you are right

The second part, you want the Peehs, i.e. the answer that the fewest people will say. The sample I used had four options, but it isn't the fourth-best answer you want, it's the last one you want

Of course which questions for which that will apply, I have no idea :)

Ah right, gotcha! F**k this is gonna be hard. Tempted to just go with my personal favourites for each question, instead of trying to predict what other people will do and just hope for the best... ;)

• Advertisement

But how insane would a game of EPSHE be if that was a thing... Move over HEEPS, there's a new mindf**k in town... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I should probably sign up to this.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

Ah right, gotcha! F**k this is gonna be hard. Tempted to just go with my personal favourites for each question, instead of trying to predict what other people will do and just hope for the best... ;)

That's pretty much going to be my strategy as well.

I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who in my life but since Google is allowed I'll give this a go anyway.

Hoping I manage to score higher than a big fan of the show who knew all the possible answers but chose the wrong ones! :p

I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who in my life but since Google is allowed I'll give this a go anyway.

Hoping I manage to score higher than a big fan of the show who knew all the possible answers but chose the wrong ones! :p

If anyone could win a game of Sheep based on a show they've never seen, my money would be on you :P

• Advertisement

If anyone could win a game of Sheep based on a show they've never seen, my money would be on you :P

My money would always be on him at this stage, regardless of prior knowledge...

Must remember to do this today. It slipped my mind last night.

Answers In

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'm in and

tumblr_mc4dv75Shs1qcmbd6o1_500.gifv

Ten entries in so far, but there's still plenty of room for more. After all...

20zpCUrO.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Submitted some answers there. Great idea aaron.

And I'd just like to say that I will NEVER get over the death of the tenth doctor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Submitted some answers there. Great idea aaron.

And I'd just like to say that I will NEVER get over the death of the tenth doctor. :(

He just didnt want to go.

I shall submit my answer later today!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

ANswers in later love it!!!

The rules have completely bamboozled me but I’m in anyway :D

The rules have completely bamboozled me but I’m in anyway :D

Oh I paid absolutely no attention to the rules coz they confused me too much. I just put in what I liked. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Cue Molly winning the whole thing!!

• Advertisement

Well that would be a first! I don't think I've ever won a sheep or any variation of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Hope to get an entry in later today, now that I got shot in MCU

15 entries in so far :)

I'm going to close sign-ups at 6pm on Sunday, with the reveal taking place the following day. So if you plan on getting an entry in, you have a little over 48 hours before time runs out...

tumblr_m368t8gWa21ruih18o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

I know nothing at all about this so here goes :pac:

Also just realised I'd played as a PEEHS so... who knows might do better than usual :D

And we are closed, with 17 participants :)

If a mod could mark this as being closed to sign-ups, I'd appreciate it

Don't forget to join me tomorrow for the reveal, at about 6.30pm

You won't want to miss it, because it will be...

AffectionatePlushAfricanclawedfrog-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement