Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charts ( up to T120 ) Summer to Winter 2018 ** READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Hp building over Ireland and the UK, LP and cold air plunge down into Europe.

tempresult_ydn0.gif

tempresult_hae8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Hp building over Ireland and the UK, LP and cold air plunge down into Europe.
    I'm convinced we'll be looking at that HP for quite a while, this winter is more like 91/92 than 88/89.
    On this day in '91 we were under a big high and one month later nothing had changed. The high will meander a bit but it will always sink and end up where it started.
    * not a forecast, a pattern has become established :(

archives-1991-12-30-0-0.png
    archives-1992-1-30-0-0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I'm convinced we'll be looking at that HP for quite a while, this winter is more like 91/92 than 88/89.
    On this day in '91 we were under a big high and one month later nothing had changed. The high will meander a bit but it will always sink and end up where it started.

That looks heavenly 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

I'll take a month of dry weather thank you! Beats endless wind & rain backed up by hopecasting about snow that in all likelihood will not arrive.......I would bank the dry weather anyday!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Billcarson

If the hp hangs around perhaps due to the ssw it will move to a favourable location for a cold spell at some point in jan. Perhaps one scenario?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

HP building over the next few days with frosty nights in parts and cooler days, mix of cloud and sunny spells. Temperatures might be colder than shown on the ARPEGE charts depending on where gets the clearer skies. Good time to check the accuracy of the Barometer. Some very high pressure coming up.

Ap8NTf0.gif

hirlamuk-2-48-0_jka8.png

arpegeuk-41-43-0_ldu6.png

arpegeuk-41-65-0_rak5.png

arpegeuk-41-90-0_orc1.png

arpegeuk-41-114-0_ios4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I suppose if we get fog under this high pressure temperatures during the day could be much lower than forecast in some places...

Mod Note: Will close this thread so as not to cause confusion. New thread opened for Winter 2019.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement