Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That awkward moment when you have to boss your barber around

• 10-09-2019 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

Do you ever get a barber who pushes the razor too hard against your head? I'm surprised at the amount of barbers that do this, because it can hurt. Sometimes you simply have to say "do you mind not ramming so hard with that thing". If you say so, the outcome will be that he will either say "oh sorry about that" and try make sure you feel comfortable, OR that he will not like taking orders from you and will think that you are a prick.

I said this once to a guy who was cutting my hair. He didn't like it. It wasn't until towards the end of the hair cut that I was sure when I asked if I could see the back. When I asked this he sort of snapped and sarcastically answered "just a moment", as if to imply that I was pressuring him. I said "no no, I'm not rushing you at all".

Another time I had a guy who was about to take off my side locks without asking. I didn't have time to tell him to stop politely. It was now or never. I just said "no, stop!". He didn't like that though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Find one you like. Rinse and repeat.

Free Palestine from Hamas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeah agree been to same one last 7yrs , don't even need to tell him what i want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't have this problem. Only sexy chicks cut my hair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Asian Scammer

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Yeah agree been to same one last 7yrs , don't even need to tell him what i want.
    It's not always possible to book the person you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's not always possible to book the person you want.

Booking a barber :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement