Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"There Ain't no Fiver Dinner in Eddie Rockets.."

Options
  • 21-09-2019 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

"There ain't no tenner dinner ..It's so expensive!"

- A mayo student experiencing Eddie Rockets for the first time in Dublin, circa 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

"There ain't no tenner dinner ..It's so expensive!"

- A mayo student experiencing Eddie Rockets for the first time in Dublin, circa 2008

Don't go to rockets so....

It's set up like McD or buggerking...

Food is pure sheite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Food is pure sheite

I'm not the victim, they were a fellow student, I think they saw there ain't no finer diner slogan and misread it.

I also have a ponchon for "gourmet" burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

I'm lost

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Food is pure sheite

Love a good eddies

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Freddie robs our pockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've been in it a couple of times and every single time it was an ultra pain in the hole, primarily because you were waiting half the day for your order.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I also have a ponchon for "gourmet" burgers.

Is that anything like a penchant? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Is that anything like a penchant? :P

No a pension, you need one to buy them in Dublin they're so expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

No a pension, you need one to buy them in Dublin they're so expensive
    Penchants aren't that expensive these days are they?

Freddie robs our pockets

No he kills your pockets and uses brains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Everyone knows it's Eddie Rockets, empty pocket

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I call it Empty Pockets

I'm lost

Good, stay that way... You're better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

All I want to do is have a little fun before I die
    Says the man next to me out of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Food is pure sheite

Lol to this. Mcdonalds and BurgerKing are a few classes below Eddie Rockets. I used to love eating in Eddie Rockets but due to certain reasons I can not eat there now and do not eat in the other two now either. Do I miss them? No. I am better off and healthier because I do not eat in any fast food places anymore.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

You should try Rocking Joe's. The group of restaurants that split off from Eddie Rockets. They brought the Eddie Rockets philosophy of high prices for muck food to a new level.

AMKC wrote: »
    Lol to this. Mcdonalds and BurgerKing are a few classes below Eddie Rockets. I used to love eating in Eddie Rockets but due to certain reasons I can not eat there now and do not eat in the other two now either. Do I miss them? No. I am better off and healthier because I do not eat in any fast food places anymore.

No there is another branch off called rockets.... It's absolutely disgusting and self serve basically.

You go up order, they call your number and you go up and bring to table on tray.

God it was vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Better than Five Guys, worse than Bunsen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Better than Five Guys, worse than Bunsen

I tried Bunsen. They just can not cook a burger right it always ends up burnt so I stopped going there too although there chips were nice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,806 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Food is really good, but fûck it’s just got mega expensive now...

The burger which I like the smokestack, cheese fries and a drink is about 16/17 euros with a dip. For one course in a burger joint that’s mad.

The food IS very good, excellent in fact, big burgers, comfy seats, funky tunes, usually excellent service. 68 euros however to feed four people in a burger joint all be it a good one, before tip hmmmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Strumms wrote: »
    Food is really good, but fûck it’s just got mega expensive now...

It's not really though, it's ok at best and only slightly better than McDonald's and burger king. For the price your paying you'd be an idiot to pick empty pockets over decent pub grub

• Registered Users Posts: 24,806 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Greyfox wrote: »
    It's not really though, it's ok at best and only slightly better than McDonald's and burger king. For the price your paying you'd be an idiot to pick empty pockets over decent pub grub

Well it’s subjective, it’s ok at best is your opinion and fair play. In terms of size of portions, quality of food, diversity of menu choice and overall flavor and indeed comfort too it’s wayyyy ahead in my opinion. I like a McDonalds and BK too but Eddies in fairness is a league ahead. ‘Pub grub’ isn’t really applicable in a debate about burger joints most prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tell you what annoys me about them. Their onion ring portions.

They’re great onions rings, but they’re so scabby with the portions and don’t get me started on their 50/50 fries/onion rings – three onion rings and that’s all you’re getting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Everyone knows it's Eddie Rockets, empty pocket
    No No

It's -

Eddie rockets, empty your pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

All these overpriced over cooked burger chains that have popped up are for Facebook and Instagram idiots. 20 year olds tell what good food is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

AMKC wrote: »
    I tried Bunsen. They just can not cook a burger right it always ends up burnt so I stopped going there too although there chips were nice.

I've eaten in four of the Bunsen locations. I always order my burger as medium, and I've never had one that wasn't cooked perfectly, so you must be very unlucky!

As for Eddie Rocket's, I have always been a bit of a fan. Their strawberry malts are amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BDI wrote: »
    All these overpriced over cooked burger chains that have popped up are for Facebook and Instagram idiots. 20 year olds tell what good food is now.

Eddie Rockets is as old as the world wide web.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Eddie Rockets isn't that expensive. For €30 I can get 2 adult and 2 kids meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Strumms wrote: »
    Well it’s subjective, it’s ok at best is your opinion and fair play. In terms of size of portions, quality of food, diversity of menu choice and overall flavor and indeed comfort too it’s wayyyy ahead in my opinion. I like a McDonalds and BK too but Eddies in fairness is a league ahead. ‘Pub grub’ isn’t really applicable in a debate about burger joints most prob.

It's a little bit better then BK/McDonalds but if I'm paying more then I would pick pub grub, Bunsen, TGI fridays, Nando's or about 50 other places that are of a far higher quality than Eddies and cost a little more at most

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

There's worse food out there and there's more overpriced food out there. Doubt I'm in one more than twice a year but I always enjoy it. Streets ahead of many, though not all, of their competitors.

Advertisement