Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Monese Mastercard + €15 credit

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thanks.

Same here, so it's just monese :confused:
    I'll reinstall OS. I probably won't bother tonight. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Signed up on the day this thread first appeared. All good and they said card was on the way.

Still no card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Topcashback confirmed for me...another 15 gbp free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is this offer still on TopCashback? I can't see anything on their site about it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Has anyone done an outgoing Sepa bank transfer from their monese account?

I tried to transfer money from my monese account to my revolut account yesterday at 4pm and the transaction is stuck on pending for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

I tried to transfer money from my monese account to my revolut account yesterday at 4pm and the transaction is stuck on pending for some reason

Mine was pending for three days then I contacted them on the chat and it went to complete in an hour. Took another 2 days and contact again before it showed up on Revolut though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Is this offer still on TopCashback? I can't see anything on their site about it :confused:

no, tried to get it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

I am not getting any reply for the chat.2 days now. is this delay usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Mine was pending for 4 days. Then took another day to hit the account it transferred to. I contacted support after 2 days and still waiting for a response. That's 6 days ago. I don't think I'll be keeping this card.

Yeah I'll be ditching this card when I get the €15

Customer support non existant, not getting texts delivered to my phone and my 1st sepa transfer stuck on pending

#notimpressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Yup, did the transfer yesterday morning to my N26. Then got it this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Why would anyone use the card? It's far less useful than Revolut. I just wanted the free 15 quid and another card to sign up for free trials of Spotify, Netflix, Prime etc with.

I'd no bother with support (emailed them and got a response within 12 hours) or getting texts. Some MVNO's like Virgin have problems receiving automated texts, but it's not Monese's fault like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Why would anyone use the card? It's far less useful than Revolut. I just wanted the free 15 quid and another card to sign up for free trials of Spotify, Netflix, Prime etc with.

I'd no bother with support (emailed them and got a response within 12 hours) or getting texts. Some MVNO's like Virgin have problems receiving automated texts, but it's not Monese's fault like.

It's worked fine for me, but I was only ever in it for the €15. I'll likely cancel it when I get the finger out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The set up process for me has been flawless.
    Signed up last week in 5 mins.
    Ordered card.
    Received card within the week.
    Used card yesterday and got my €15 this morning.

My wife on the other hand is still stuck on video processing since last Friday 6th September!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Thanks OP, got my €15 this morning after using the card on Tuesday night. Had no issued signing up but some of the app reviews suggest similar problems as to what others are having here

I’m unlikely to use the card much if at all but don’t see why people would be bothered going cancelling it either, might come in handy for something or even just a card to use in dodgy situations loaded with an exact amount etc.

I stuck the card in a drawer and have it added to Apple Pay if it’s needed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m unlikely to use the card much if at all but don’t see why people would be bothered going cancelling it either, might come in handy for something or even just a card to use in dodgy situations loaded with an exact amount etc.

I stuck the card in a drawer and have it added to Apple Pay if it’s needed.

This is it.
    Handy for maybe a weekend away or night out. Load your “spending money” on it and use it. That way if it’s lost, skimmed etc it’s not your main account that you have to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

kceire wrote: »
    This is it.
    Handy for maybe a weekend away or night out. Load your “spending money” on it and use it. That way if it’s lost, skimmed etc it’s not your main account that you have to sort out.

That's my reasoning for getting it but boy do they make it hard.

Problems with text first.
    Then it took 3 attempts to contact customer service to sort promo code.
    I'm trying now to top up from revolut. Monese is suggesting €100 - I'm changing to €10, it tells me go to Revolut to confirm and Revolut shows a transaction of €0.

I'm very reluctant to give them my bank account deets or any other card :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got my 16.10 GBP cashback paid out today from topcashback.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

appalling customer service compared to Revolut & no data displayed on my home screen now so no idea what funds I have or whether the cards gone bust.

will be transferring all to Revolut once its done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

took about a month to go through setup, they are useless!
    got my cashback and thats alllll that matters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

It’s €4.95 delivery for the free card ? And you get €15 back is that right? So it’s €10 profit really is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The first card is free to receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The first card is free to receive.

i just signed up, says 4.95 for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

This must be a new thing. I got my first card for free. I had to pay for the 2nd card for my EUR account.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

I clicked order and it said it’ll be sent, so don’t think they applied the charge, unless they put the account into debit? As I didn’t pay them anything

Update. Logged in to Monese acc and it’s in debit of -4.95. So they do charge the delivery fee. Hardly worth the hassle for a tenner.

jeez lads, monese customer service is absolutely dreadful. takes days and days to get a reply.

Also I have had the new BE IBAN rejected multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

winter2019 wrote: »
    I clicked order and it said it’ll be sent, so don’t think they applied the charge, unless they put the account into debit? As I didn’t pay them anything

Update. Logged in to Monese acc and it’s in debit of -4.95. So they do charge the delivery fee. Hardly worth the hassle for a tenner.

You dont need to order the card to get the €15
    I topped up the virtual card made a transaction and the €15 added a few days after

Advertisement