Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Canary Islands listed on this page (last on the list)...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/travelling-abroad.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Thanks gene and others for your replies

I checked those Vodafone pages you guys linked to and every country under the sun is listed but not the canaries or lanzarote from what I can see.

Oh by the way omega gene, I used your monese referral code when signing up for monese so keep an eye in your monese account for a free €15 :)

Just waiting on the card to arrive

Cheers man, pm sent there

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Modify how? Thanks.

I have looked for the link (in this thread) but the post has been deleted along with the rest of the VF support forums.

It was a very simple command sent via ADB over USB cable. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Thanks gene and others for your replies

I checked those Vodafone pages you guys linked to and every country under the sun is listed but not the canaries or lanzarote from what I can see.

Oh by the way omega gene, I used your monese referral code when signing up for monese so keep an eye in your monese account for a free €15 :)

Just waiting on the card to arrive

Canaries are in Spain.

I have looked for the link (in this thread) but the post has been deleted along with the rest of the VF support forums.

It was a very simple command sent via ADB over USB cable. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

Here you go -

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a1/help/internet-hotspot-8-1-update-t3833265

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic, Ofcom (UK regulator) persuaded the UK networks to end tethering restrictions on mobile phones.
    https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/10/three-uk-quietly-removes-tethering-caps-from-4g-mobile-plans.html

2 chances of Comreg doing anything similar here.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They'd be best checking their APN settings first to see if the HS APN can be deleted there (assuming it's there in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I have this X deal and the tethering works fine, but you MUST go in to the APNs and delete the ones that are NOT live.vodafone.com.

Vodafone told me that data usage on the phone itself is routed through live.vodafone.com, which has the 20G data deal but if you tether it tries to route the tethered data through hs.vodafone.ie, which is full per megabyte charge and will gobble up your credit in minutes.

Just delete the hs.vodafone.ie - that's all you have to do. It will then default to using the live.vodafone.com. It doesn't seem to matter if the mms.vodafone.net is there or not.

By the way the 3 APN's are stored in the SIM so if you screw up when deleting the APNs, just click on the three dots, top right, "reset to default", and the 3 APN's will be restored.

I have screwed it up a couple of times though - when I got a new phone, and later a replacement SIM, I forgot to delete the hs.vodafone.ie each time and wiped out €10 of credit each time!

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Just delete the hs.vodafone.ie - that's all you have to do. It will then default to using the live.vodafone.com. It doesn't seem to matter if the mms.vodafone.net is there or not.

APNs can be locked since Android 8.1 so it depends on what version and phone you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I have screwed it up a couple of times though - when I got a new phone, and later a replacement SIM, I forgot to delete the hs.vodafone.ie each time and wiped out €10 of credit each time!

Doh, not just me then so :( I never saw credit vanish so quickly!

Tethering works fine for me on Android9/MotoG Power ... having made sure the hs apn is deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Neither of those are countries.

I have the sky sports add on and when I connect to WiFi it won’t play, is there a way around this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I have the sky sports add on and when I connect to WiFi it won’t play, is there a way around this ?

You need to start the stream on 4G then turn on WiFi

Pacifico wrote: »
    You need to start the stream on 4G then turn on WiFi

I tried that, maybe the smart dns I’m using is messing it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I had 20e credit on my account and I'm on the Vodafone X Music plan. My offer expired yesterday. I topped up an extra 5e today to cover the spotify premium cost.

But it isn't activating my offer.

So is it that you need to top up by 25e or more in one go? So it basically ignores what's in my credit balance? If so, that credit will go to waste.

Or is there a way I can activate the offer again and have it deduct the cost from my top up?

edit: Found the answer earlier in the thread. Seems I need to top up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

New X plans, looks like Spotify will be free for the first 6 months.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

CFC007 wrote: »
    New X plans, looks like Spotify will be free for the first 6 months.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

Do you get to keep the €20 to use for calls on these x plans???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

massy086 wrote: »
    Do you get to keep the €20 to use for calls on these x plans???

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

physioman wrote: »
    No

Cheers for the quick answer

massy086 wrote: »
    Cheers for the quick answer
    I'm on the X weekend plan and I was given a €10 free credit every month for 3 months I think - I think it ends for me next month.
    The only real use I've found for this credit is when I text or call my kids abroad, if for some reason I don't use whatsapp or the webtext. Vodafone rates for calls outside your plan are pricey.

The credit never turns up on "My Vodafone" though - I just notice that my real credit doesn't go down when I call abroad. It expires at the next topup date.

There's a discussion on this forum or the Vodafone one about what you can use their free credit for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Does the plan include calls to voicemail, or do you need credit for those ?

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Does the plan include calls to voicemail, or do you need credit for those ?

Its been a long time since I bothered to use or even set up voicemail but according to the incredibly difficult to find Vodafone Charges FAQ:

"Voicemail
    171 Free
    172 - Change your greeting Free
    171 - Change your password Free

Calls made to these numbers whilst roaming will incur standard mobile-to-mobile roaming charges as appropriate to your price plan."

It really is a bugger to find this info from the main page, by the way!
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/charges.html

Maybe someone with zero credit can check if they can still get through to their voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Maybe someone with zero credit can check if they can still get through to their voicemail.

Can get through with no credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hi guys

Are any of you that are on the Vodafone network having trouble receiving sms verification codes from Revolut, bunq or N26?

Hi guys

Are any of you that are on the Vodafone network having trouble receiving sms verification codes from Revolut, bunq or N26?

Revolut fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

No issues with Revolut or any other service for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Hi guys

Vodafone has always worked fine for me, never experienced any issues with verification codes.
    Unless there's a current temporary issue or something localised on your end.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi guys

Have Vodafone moved you over to their new system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I may have missed this but if I want to keep Spotify do I just increase my top up to, €25 now? Do I need to do anything else?

Also, my Spotify is due to expiry tomorrow but I have another 14 days on my Vodaphone X sub, so will I need to pay a fiver to keep Spotify for the next 2 weeks?

Advertisement