Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to watch cheltenham without bookies open and no tv

• 27-02-2021 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

hey folks,,, just a quick one,, had to move to new place and theres no tv here, and bookies all closed for the festival, is it possible to watch cheltenham online? i know itv cover it in uk but are tv3 covering it here on tv or live online etc.... any idea appreciated,, and keep in mind am NOT very tech savvy

cheers anyway... Baggio....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Baggio1 wrote: »
    hey folks,,, just a quick one,, had to move to new place and theres no tv here, and bookies all closed for the festival, is it possible to watch cheltenham online? i know itv cover it in uk but are tv3 covering it here on tv or live online etc.... any idea appreciated,, and keep in mind am NOT very tech savvy

The Virgin Media Player should have it. It's not fantastic qualitywise but it should do the job for the Free to Air races.

Baggio1 wrote: »

I have a TOTE account and can watch it on that online. I usually do as small a Placepot as possible and get to watch the 6 races. Any more, I just do a €1 win and watch that way.
    However, you can’t beat actually being there! Can’t wait for 2022!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Free to watch on BF no bet required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Free to watch on BF no bet required

BF? = Betfair? Bet Fred?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭brickster69

Pop down your local pub to watch it.

All roads lead to Rome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

abarkie wrote: »
    BF? = Betfair? Bet Fred?

Fair

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

IPTV .............................the boon of the 21st century .......................

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Limestone1 wrote: »
    IPTV .............................the boon of the 21st century .......................

Grand for watching, but for anybody punting in running no good. The exchange rtv feed less than half second behind on a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

satelite feeds big dish out few seconds ahead of live tv ;)

bassy wrote: »
    satelite feeds big dish out few seconds ahead of live tv ;)

ITV racing is about 5 to 8 seconds behind SIS, based on a few saturday comparisons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

abarkie wrote: »
    ITV racing is about 5 to 8 seconds behind SIS, based on a few saturday comparisons

Is there any way of getting SIS on Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I have a TOTE account and can watch it on that online. I usually do as small a Placepot as possible and get to watch the 6 races. Any more, I just do a €1 win and watch that way.
    However, you can’t beat actually being there! Can’t wait for 2022!

You don't need to place a bet on Tote to watch the live streams. You just need to have an account. They cover all British and Irish racing and many abroad also.

Labaik wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting SIS on Sky?

It's on a different satellite

You need a motorised dish or dish moving and then appropriate equipment

Advertisement