Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

Fe7 wrote: »
    did ANYONE pass company .. and if so, by more than the skin of the teeth?

I got 50 and I actually thought I failed it, I did 5 questions but my brain wasn't functioning properly that morning, I must have remembered more than I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nikcan18

That's all 8 for me and starting PPC Hybrid, delighted ðŸ¾

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

Selling my 2021 Contract Law manual if anyone is interested...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

I'd be very curious to see the pass rates this sitting...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dropin

Somehow managed to get my passes and was half thinking of taking on Company 6 weeks out so that I sit 3 exams and get the whole thing finished, but seeing these results for Company is disturbing and giving me second thoughts. Seems like they must have been way too harsh. I find it hard to believe that so many people could think they passed and miss by that much. Hopefully the re checks bring you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 taralawfe1

How did everyone do in constitutional? Got 43% wondering if its worth the re check

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

How did people get on with constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Gutted to have gotten 42 in both equity and property, not sure if it's worth a recheck or just resitting the exam seeing as they're both just as expensive and the other

I got 46 in property..I wish I just continued with the adverse possession question that had the mistake in it instead of doing a different one.

Is 46 worth rechecking

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

failed equity by 5% which I studied for for months and managed to pass constitutional after only starting it a month before the exams :S the mind boggles...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

is it worth getting a recheck this close to the march sitting? not sure whether to get equity rechecked or not bc thought i at least got a pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

taralawfe1 wrote: »
    How did everyone do in constitutional? Got 43% wondering if its worth the re check

I got 39 ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    42 in equity here, considering a recheck - thought it went really well.

Same it is beyond ridiculous. I have sat this exam twice and keep getting failed by 2 or 3 marks and the comments from the examiner is like clutching at straws at this stage!!!

I have passed all other 7 fe1s! Now this equity exam has stopped me applying for the hybrid for another year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Buttonbean123

I got 56% in company but thought I did way better! (Obviously just delighted to have passed it but just saying I was surprised at my result)! It seems to have been marked really hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

45 also in Equity, passed the others, very disappointing as I’ve tried equity a few times now and I really thought I’d cracked it on this attempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

What do you put in for the examination number on the recheck form?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

LS3 wrote: »
    failed equity by 5% which I studied for for months and managed to pass constitutional after only starting it a month before the exams :S the mind boggles...

Definitely confused by the marking scheme of this exam, not really sure what they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Where do we get bank details to transfer fee by EFT?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

8 exams done and dusted, at last, can't believe it. Many thanks to everyone and anyone on here for your support and advice throughout the last few sittings. This forum really is an invaluable resource and I wish you all the best. Jeremiah out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Fitz_95 wrote: »
    45 also in Equity, passed the others, very disappointing as I’ve tried equity a few times now and I really thought I’d cracked it on this attempt

Do they not know we are all in the middle of a pandemic? Id say a lot of candidates have had family members that have become sick and some have died. some people are struggling financially. I emailed the law society 10 weeks ago with some circumstances that I felt impacted my exams and they didnt reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I got 62 in company and i actually thought i did better if I’m being honest I was defo expecting higher. I honestly don’t want to sound like a little teachers pet here because I’m far from it lol I wasn’t working before the November sitting due to covid and was studying for about 2 months straight full time

• Advertisement

illy.m wrote: »
    Where do we get bank details to transfer fee by EFT?

The form says they will reply to you with it once you send it in. Do you know what the examination number is meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

What do you put in for the examination number on the recheck form?

I left mine blank as we didn't get one.

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I got 62 in company and i actually thought i did better if I’m being honest I was defo expecting higher. I honestly don’t want to sound like a little teachers pet here because I’m far from it lol I wasn’t working before the November sitting due to covid and was studying for about 2 months straight full time

I'd been studying for 5 exams since June straight full-time. Still failed two.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi guys first time poster on this thread but first and foremost thanks to those providing support through this forum throughout the FE1s!

Sat 4 in the November sitting passed two but got 43 in Equity and 41 in Constitutional. Marks for the other two are in the very low 50s. In previous written exams I got 60 or close to 60 in all.

Seems like grading was low as I honestly cannot see much difference between the type of answers in the two sittings.

Can anyone provide some info on the recheck process? Mainly how long it generally takes? And if 41 and 43 would be worth checking.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

TCPIP wrote: »
    Just a reminder of the form I created if anyone is willing to help compile some data on pass rates and average grades in these exams.

https://forms.gle/884G1bmrUHv7YyvXA

If I get enough numbers I'll post the results in a week so please share far and wide!

This will be interesting to see

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

I failed Equity the first time pretty badly and than having 7 months to study for the resit I only just passed getting 50. Equity was by far the hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

can someone who passed company please request to see their script, and share so that I can compare & know the standard for March sitting. I would very much appreciate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

This will be interesting to see

Logged mine there, it would be great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

A friend of mine got 47 in Company a few sittings back, got a recheck and ended up being brought up to 55. Just saying probably worth shelling out for the recheck if your close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

Do they not know we are all in the middle of a pandemic? Id say a lot of candidates have had family members that have become sick and some have died. some people are struggling financially. I emailed the law society 10 weeks ago with some circumstances that I felt impacted my exams and they didnt reply...

Honestly this is so true- I know myself my mother was badly sick with Covid and then 3 weeks before the exams I lost a close friend to suicide, this pandemic is so hard as it is and the law society couldn’t give a damn about how we’re struggling or trying to assist us.

Advertisement