Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave Recommendation

• 02-02-2021 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Our current microwave (Samsung 800W) needs replacing but it has always felt very underpowered, so we’d prefer to not make the same mistake twice.

Ideally it’d be 900W or upwards. We use it for reheating and defrosting mainly but if we’re buying one perhaps it makes sense to get a combi microwave. I’ve seen quite a few flatbed models (that don’t rotate) but don’t know enough about them to know whether they’re any good. Almost of our appliances are Bosch but we’re not stuck on brand. No budget to speak of but most models we’ve looked at go anywhere from €100-250.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can you describe a scenario where you'd use more than 800W?

I also have an 800W Samsung. I use it at 180W to defrost, 300W for reheating and 450W to poach eggs so I hardly ever use it on top power.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree, I don't ever think I've come across a situation where I thought "I need more power!". 750/800W is more than enough for defrosting and warming up stuff, in fact most times I use lower settings than full power for those things anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

I bought a really simple Bosch microwave and it has been absolutely excellent. Not that expensive but it seems relatively better quality than some of the other simple microwaves around.

Advertisement