Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Playoffs: Championship Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭threeball

Bills to beat the Chiefs. Kansas are still scrapping by and I think the Bills have too much firepower to let them off the hook here. Limited prep time for Mahomes and the concussion will have to play on his mind a little especially if he decides to run the ball. I can see him being more cautious than usual.

Packers to get it done v the Bucs. Big shock to the system to come from Tampa where its 20C plus and also playing in the shelter of the superdome to playing in the mind numbing cold of Lambeauand a 40C swing. The Bucs can't push up the secondary like they did against Brees as Rodgers will go over the top all day and he won't throw interceptions like Brees either. Packers have already dominated a much better defence in the Rams so expect them to do the same again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

threeball wrote: »
    Hows his toe, he wasn't moving too well the last day.

He was diagnosed with turf toe so he will just have to play through the pain but Mahomes has said "The next day was very sore, and every single day since then it's gotten a lot better."

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Went 2-2 last week to leave me at 6-4 for the playoffs and 176-90 overall.

Buccaneers @ Packers
    Bills @ Chiefs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Buccaneers @ Packers - Packers to make the Bucs pick their poison on what they focus on defending and Rodgers to put on an absolute clinic.

Bills @ Chiefs - I feel the same way about this one as I did for the Rams v Seahawks, my head is telling me that the Bills will give it a game and potentially shock the Chiefs, especially if Mahomes isn't 100%. However, my QB PTSD has kicked in again and I just can't pick against Mahomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Hoping for a good game, but think the Packers will win this easily.

• Advertisement

Beautiful touch on that pass. Great start for the Buccs

Packers better manufacture a pass rush, first 4 attempts have been very comfortable for Brady.

Wow. That was easy. Dream start.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TD buccaneers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Perfect start for Tampa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Those three third down throws from Brady were beautiful, especially the two to Evans.

Still can't fathom why the Packers picked a QB in the first round with 4 years to go on Rodgers contract.

(Reminds me of the time the Broncos selected Tommy Maddox in the first round in the prime of John Elway's career when we desperately need some OL help)

.... Did well to hang on to that ball... Fumble would be a disaster there.

Sack! Bucs look up for this big time

BrentMused wrote: »
    Those three third down throws from Brady were beautiful, especially the two to Evans.

I have to admit, I can enjoy watching Tom Brady a lot more now that he doesn't play for the Patriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That Star, Favre, Rodgers v Brady stat is a bit mad.

Masked Man wrote: »
    That Star, Favre, Rodgers v Brady stat is a bit mad.

A fine stable of QBs for Green Bay! 3 sure fire HOFers.

Buccs are Rollin.

What a back breaker of a 3rd down conversion.

Good hold by the packers there but Brady is getting loads of time and even at 43 his arm is still good. The packers need to get a score on this upcoming drive and their D needs to start putting pressure on Brady.

Good 3rd down for the Packers.

Thought the Buccs would suffer without Winfield but if they can keep up this pressure they could do very well

• Advertisement

Great throw/catch. Huge play for the game.

Didn't want to be punting from your end zone there.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Good hold by the packers there but Brady is getting loads of time and even at 43 his arm is still good. The packers need to get a score on this upcoming drive and their D needs to start putting pressure on Brady.

Agreed, but just reading your post.... 43! Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Didn't look like the Packers got that third down off before the play clock ran out.

Is there a discrepancy between what we see on the screen clock and the stadium?

It happens quite a lot where the screen clock hits zero, the C gets the snap off after time expires but it rarely seems to get called.

Throw by Rodgers was a thing of beauty

BrentMused wrote: »
    Didn't look like the Packers got that third down off before the play clock ran out.

Is there a discrepancy between what we see on the screen clock and the stadium?

It happens quite a lot where the screen clock hits zero, the C gets the snap off after time expires but it rarely seems to get called.

The practice is that the Ref waits until the clock hits zero before looking to see if they snapped the ball. They're effectively allowed to snap on 0. Rodgers has had to deal with this already this year!

TD packers.

Agreed, but just reading your post.... 43! Mad.

Good genetics I suppose.

Haha Bruce arians stirring the pot.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Good genetics I suppose.

It's his pliability!

That Arians quote being thrown around so much is exactly why Belichick says nothing to the media.

• Advertisement

Some catch!

Advertisement