Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell *Mod note in op*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Why? - Maybe she just loved him and wanted to express that?

They seemed to have been an extremely private couple with very little involvement with ppl outside their relationship
    Maybe he wanted them to be a private couple as he seems introverted but he has said she was extroverted so that doesn't lend itself to be a extremely private couple

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Maybe he wanted them to be a private couple as he seems introverted but he has said she was extroverted so that doesn't lend itself to be a extremely private couple

Where’s the proof she was extroverted? Very few ppl seem to have known her as far as I can see

Where’s the proof she was extroverted? Very few ppl seem to have known her as far as I can see

By Richard's.press interviews

By Richard's.press interviews

He’s said a lot of stuff. I’m just trying to be objective.

Both Tina and Richard appear to have been private and kept themselves to themselves and had very few outside contacts

Not sure if she worked anywhere outside the home?

Maybe I’m wrong and she had a large circle of friends and was a real extrovert involved in lots of circles

But the most I’ve heard about her is that ppl in her local town said they remember seeing her on the street walking the dog....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Most? Ok.. that's not all

How many people have you spoken to from the area knew her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

JeffKenna wrote: »
    How many people have you spoken to from the area knew her?

Poster said "no-one knew her"

Poster said "no-one knew her"

So tell us who knew her?

So tell us who knew her?

That's not how it works I'm afraid..the person making the claims need s to back it up...and he hasn't...

That's not how it works I'm afraid..the person making the claims need s to back it up...and he hasn't...

But you're saying people knew her, so tell us who did if the poster is wrong.

He’s said a lot of stuff. I’m just trying to be objective.

Both Tina and Richard appear to have been private and kept themselves to themselves and had very few outside contacts

It's no wonder then that Richard would be the only person of interest in this case through the way they lived their lives...but circumstantial as she's his wife now gone without a trace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I got the impression from his interviews and from what Tina's family said that Richard was very controlling and didn't like Tina to mix. Very often the case in dysfunctional relationships. And no I don't know them but have followed police interviews on other such cases..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

punchdrunk wrote: »
    If it’s her, then the Gardai might be watching a person of interest to see if their behaviour changes, do they visit a remote location, do they try to run etc...

They might also be buying themselves more time to shore up the case

I absolutely believe that is the case. They informed a certain man of the find on a Thursday. My bet is that they are clandestinely watching him, his movements and his activities very closely and studying his behaviour.
    Is he displaying signs of anxiety, panic?
    Is he looking up certain things on Google?
    Is there any change to his pattern of movements?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then it may be an indication. If not, it may mean they are dealing with an true emotionless sociopath.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It has been widely reported that they were private.
    Does make the "she was telling everyone how much she loves me" stuff seem odd though (how many "private" people would do that)?

Does make the "she was telling everyone how much she loves me" stuff seem odd though (how many "private" people would do that)?

Could be something said in jest or harmless banter in a group at the boot sale. I wonder did anyone give evidence of being part of that conversation... or just Richard talking about it in the interview.

But you're saying people knew her, so tell us who did if the poster is wrong.

I never said that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

eviltwin wrote: »
    Did you? You seem very knowledgeable about a woman no one knew.

can you show where I intimate that in any way whatsoever.

Possibly you have such tunnel vision you simply have the innate inability to look at other possibilities

I have not said that she was not unlawfully killed, I have not said that some people are innocent. I have simply suggested that there are other possibilities.

But keep with your tunnelled vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

I absolutely believe that is the case. They informed a certain man of the find on a Thursday. My bet is that they are clandestinely watching him, his movements and his activities very closely and studying his behaviour.
    Is he displaying signs of anxiety, panic?
    Is he looking up certain things on Google?
    Is there any change to his pattern of movements?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then it may be an indication. If not, it may mean they are dealing with an true emotionless sociopath.

Hmm

I don't believe any of that

Richard says a lot of random things in interviews in which he is trying to portray himself in a positive way.. She loved him ergo he was a decent chap or so he wants to be perceived.

Newuser2 wrote: »
    Hmm

I don't believe any of that

Nor me. .I think there is probably enough circumstantial evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

more than 2 years later and not even the worst tabloid of them all - the daily muck - have been able to find and close friends.

And if the daily muck can't find any, there are none. They can't even find made up friends.

Nothing wrong with not having friends, some people like to be in their own bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭Deeec

Its a very strange case. Richard mentioned in one of his interviews that his car was only looked at by Gardai 7 months after her dissapearance.

I wonder was their house ever searched by Gardai. Could it be possible she never left the house.

Seem to recall Richard saying the house was searched early on

Seem to recall Richard saying the house was searched early on

I seem to remember that they were doing some renovations at the time. I hope the Gardai done a complete forensic search.

She wasnt reported missing until a few days later. Gardai then probably didnt search the house straight away as she was being treated just as an ordinary missing person ( probably wasnt taking it too serious). God knows how long a time lapse there was between Tina going missing and searching the house.

I would love to think Tina is out there somewhere living her best life but sadly I dont think she would have been capable of pulling this off.

silver2020 wrote: »
    more than 2 years later and not even the worst tabloid of them all - the daily muck - have been able to find and close friends.

And if the daily muck can't find any, there are none. They can't even find made up friends.

Nothing wrong with not having friends, some people like to be in their own bubble.

This is exactly true point I’m making.

I’m not having a go at Anyone. Far from it.

Just saying from what I’ve seen in reports and stuff they were very private and kept to themselves and didn’t seem to have a circle of friends/acquaintances

She seemed to spend a lot of time in the house and Richard has commented before that she had huge amounts of clothes/jewelry etc in the house.

The height of it was some ppl vaguely remember seeing her walking her dog in the town.

There’s nothing hugely unusual about this btw. Plenty of ppl in my locality I would know to see or wouldn’t even recognise as they keep themselves to themselves and never been introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Deeec wrote: »
    Its a very strange case. Richard mentioned in one of his interviews that his car was only looked at by Gardai 7 months after her dissapearance.

I wonder was their house ever searched by Gardai. Could it be possible she never left the house.

The house was searched without him knowing apparently. The car wasn't searched until he volunteered to guards that he was going to sell the car 7 months after her disappearance. Apparently he doesn't do anything without contacting the guards and even has had coffee with them. This is all in a brilliant 1 hr 10 minute interview with Neil Prenderville on Red FM. I know Prenderville wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but when I heard there was a body it reignited my interest in the case again. The reasons cited for selling the car was because of mileage he covers and diesel being more economical. He also said he was being hounded by the print media who would recognise his car and tail him.

His whole story is incongruent and has more holes in it than a swiss cheese certainly from a behavioural standpoint. But he sells it well. Explanations for finding suitcases outside Tesco, €26k of cash vanishing along with his wife, keys/car not taken, pets that she adored in situ, not reporting her missing for 4 days, her best friend in Fermoy who she met everyday at same time and place without ever contacting via phone (this was RS offering). She didn't own a passport but he mentions that same friend thinks she might have went to UK without any basis. He recalls her asking for her british social security number.

He is a skilled interviewee. He drops hints about certain things expecting them to ferment in peoples heads and when he is dragged into deep waters by interviewer he can pivot out by A) portraying himself as a victim, B) mental health reasons or C) using her so called love for him. He rules out suicide because lets face it who needs €26K if they are suicidal. He mentions UK but that can be ruled out because all lines of inquiry were searched there. He never seems to think it is conceivable that their house was burgled despite keys being on the ground and money taken which you would think would have lead to a call to the guards much earlier than the 4 days it took.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

From reading this thread you would swear its Keyser Soze were dealing with:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Where did the money go ?

Tina supposedly left the house in broad daylight ( in a built up area) carrying suitcases and nobody seen anything. No CCTV footage ( that we know of) no record of her being on public transport. ( She couldnt drive). How is this possible? I find it baffling Richards car was only checked by gardai 7 months later.

Did their house have a back exit?

I know Tina didnt work at the time of her dissapearance, At some stage in her life though she must have worked - what did she work as?

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    The house was searched without him knowing apparently. The car wasn't searched until he volunteered to guards that he was going to sell the car 7 months after her disappearance. Apparently he doesn't do anything without contacting the guards and even has had coffee with them. This is all in a brilliant 1 hr 10 minute interview with Neil Prenderville on Red FM. I know Prenderville wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but when I heard there was a body it reignited my interest in the case again. The reasons cited for selling the car was because of mileage he covers and diesel being more economical. He also said he was being hounded by the print media who would recognise his car and tail him.

His whole story is incongruent and has more holes in it than a swiss cheese certainly from a behavioural standpoint. But he sells it well. Explanations for finding suitcases outside Tesco, €26k of cash vanishing along with his wife, keys/car not taken, pets that she adored in situ, not reporting her missing for 4 days, her best friend in Fermoy who she met everyday at same time and place without ever contacting via phone (this was RS offering). She didn't own a passport but he mentions that same friend thinks she might have went to UK without any basis. He recalls her asking for her british social security number.

He is a skilled interviewee. He drops hints about certain things expecting them to ferment in peoples heads and when he is dragged into deep waters by interviewer he can pivot out by A) portraying himself as a victim, B) mental health reasons or C) using her so called love for him. He rules out suicide because lets face it who needs €26K if they are suicidal. He mentions UK but that can be ruled out because all lines of inquiry were searched there. He never seems to think it is conceivable that their house was burgled despite keys being on the ground and money taken which you would think would have lead to a call to the guards much earlier than the 4 days it took.

Great post but disagree with BIB/ . . it is easy to see through his manipulation. The interview is painful to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

So tell us who knew her?

She had family, cousins I believe, that she used to talk to a lot.
    They were interviewed a year or two ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement