Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Irish websites or shops to buy Omega-3 EPA & DHA from?

Options
  • 06-01-2021 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭

Hi.

With the extra charges when buying from the UK now, I thought try a different route for my Omega 3 supplements this time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, guys.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There's no extra charges is the good originates in the UK or in the EU btw. The ones I know of are vegetology, myprotein and I think boots have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

There's no extra charges is the good originates in the UK or in the EU btw. The ones I know of are vegetology, myprotein and I think boots have one.

Hi TA. What about the VAT situation?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi TA. What about the VAT situation?

You should have been paying VAT already.

For the most case it's the same as it was, just looks different as they now have to declare the Irish vat separately. For example:
    Take a pair of Sony XM4 headphones on Amazon, which are advertised at £305.

Add them to the Cart and you will see:
    - Items: £254.17 (£305 - UK VAT at 20%)
    - Import Fees Deposit: £53.38 (Irish VAT at 21% on £254.17)
    - Order Total: £307.55 <- that's how much we paid before anyway, as Irish VAT is higher than the UK.

Extra duty charges are paid if and only IF the order is more than €150 AND the country of origin is not the EU or UK.
    if an order is under €22 and you have prime, you will have free delivery and pay no VAT at all, essentially a 20% discount.

I used vegetology for many years with no complaints, they even replaced a package that was stolen. Also much stronger than the other one linked and has some vitamin D.

• Advertisement

I used vegetology for many years with no complaints, they even replaced a package that was stolen. Also much stronger than the other one linked and has some vitamin D.

Have you bought from Vegetology, post-Brexit?

Worztron wrote: »
    Have you bought from Vegetology, post-Brexit?

Nope!

Any recommendations for online stores (selling supplements) that are based in Northern Ireland? See the line ["From 1 January 2021, you may have to pay extra tax when having your online shopping delivered from the UK (this does not include Northern Ireland)."] from: https://whatsnew.citizensinformation.ie/2021/01/14/know-your-rights-shopping-online-from-the-uk-after-brexit/

Can anyone recommend good websites from other EU countries? Cheers.

Advertisement