Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Happy New (and improved) Year

• 31-12-2020 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,045 ✭✭✭✭

Since everyone is at home beside their own fireside this year, rather than gallivanting in Times Square or Grafton Street lets see if we can keep this on the front page of Boards long enough to gather a few greetings!

Happy New Year to all O&Os and indeed everyone on Boards - there's about 4k of you here at the moment, so all good wishes to all of you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,045 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bump - its a bit slow this evening, taken this long to clear the front page...:D

And again...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Here is me with glasses ready and fizz chilling, cant wait to welcome new year!

Cheers Garlinge!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I'm a bit late my friends. I've been attending church services online. I don't drink but I had a nice glass of orange squash as I drank all the 7Up over the Christmas! Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope 2021 is going to be an improvement.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit late my friends. I've been attending church services online. I don't drink but I had a nice glass of orange squash as I drank all the 7Up over the Christmas! Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope 2021 is going to be an improvement.

Happy New Year JB! Not that I don't drink, I enjoy the occasional glass, but I saw in the New Year with a cup of herbal tea :D Stay safe, and have a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Well the daughter whose birthday is today went to bed early last night so the fizzy bottle was unopened. So a quiet night in the end and grateful for good health and a warm bed. And today the lovely sunshine.....

I sent the annual New Year messages to my darlings at midnight. One didn't have any Wifi and the other was in bed fast asleep!! So no responses from my nearest and dearest!!! :rolleyes: Got them today though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Bottle on chill for later, didn't do much last night, got an email about work from a client at 11:50pm, went for a walk at 1.30 beautiful night for a walk.

Festival of over indulgence almost at an end, I swear I saw a stretch in the evening today, sooo good.

Stay safe all.

I'm avoiding any news on 'you-know-what' because its all very depressing so I'm going to write my New Year's Resolutions.

1. ? Emmmm.....?
    2. ?? Errrr....?
    3. ??? Hmmmm...?
    4. ???? Tsk!

Actually, I can't think of any! :confused:

• Advertisement

A little cooler out tonight, very bright though, lots of little animals out and about, at this stage I know that's a sign things are about to get really cold. Off to the nest with me now. Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A little cooler out tonight, very bright though, lots of little animals out and about, at this stage I know that's a sign things are about to get really cold. Off to the nest with me now. Goodnight.
    Posted at 2:23am ... is it too much drink or insomnia? :D

A little late but happy new year to everyone.

muffler wrote: »
    .....A little late but happy new year to everyone.

Happy New Year to you too Muffler. Stick around. We need some company in here.

How's y'all feelin'? I've eaten too much! Too many choccies. I've just finished the last piece of fresh fruit now and I won't be shopping until Monday. The waistline is a tad tighter than before Christmas. Time to think about a new diet. I'm eyeing up the Christmas tree, (no, not to eat!) I need it gone now although I know its usually up until the 12th January, just another of those daft traditions.

Feeling fine, haven't eaten too much as I am not able, have to eat modest quantities (gut issue) but what I had was very nice! Doesn't seem to result in my losing weight though!

Harder to lose weight at this stage. I can't run much any more although I'll give it a whirl in the spring. Need to work up to it! Should be a laugh for some passer-by! :eek:

muffler wrote: »
    is it too much drink or insomnia?
    Bit of a quirke as of late, when my back is acting up, I can't stay in one position for too long, that includes bed 3.00 to 7.00 day and night.
    looksee wrote: »
    Feeling fine, haven't eaten too much as I am not able, have to eat modest quantities (gut issue) but what I had was very nice! Doesn't seem to result in my losing weight though!

When the trifle is gone I'll be back to my normal eating habits... :P

Strange new year unfolding...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

New Year? Wait, what?!?
    When did that happen?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A while back, today is the eleventy-seventh of Smarch... or is it the thirty-second of Octember?!?

Does it matter? Time passes.

New Home wrote: »
    A while back, today is the eleventy-seventh of Smarch... or is it the thirty-second of Octember?!?

I love that! When I was a tiddler, learning my numbers, I used to say, "one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, onety-one, onety-two, onety-three....." and when I got to "onety-nine" I'd say "two-ty, two-ty-one, two-ty-two...."

Kids are gas!

P.S. Why do I get extra blank lines in my posts? I keep having to go back and delete them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There was a post about it a while back elsewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out. :)

Advertisement