Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musican Help with vocal sound

• 20-11-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi folks, ive never been able to get my vocals vorrect when i was gigging, it always seems muddy or else hissy, i have a Dynacord 600-3 mixer and also use the Bose Tonematch T1, im just struggling to grasp what i should "cut" etc to make it sound clear and warm. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

What kind of mic are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Latin_music

kierc wrote: »
    Hi folks, ive never been able to get my vocals vorrect when i was gigging, it always seems muddy or else hissy, i have a Dynacord 600-3 mixer and also use the Bose Tonematch T1, im just struggling to grasp what i should "cut" etc to make it sound clear and warm. thanks

The whole things has to do with your EQ set up to get rid of the muddy or hissy sounds.
    So far, you would need to decide for the prominent musical instrument that could be an electric guitar for instance and then work your EQ to deliver the best sound on that and then compensate for the rest of the instrumentation.
    If you don't have a good EQ it wouldn't be possible to get rid of those unwanted frequencies.

I have been gigging for years in all sorts of spaces.

Advertisement