Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Hi Raighne hope you're good and settling in well?

Random question but did the ensuite bathroom come with a glass door for the shower? Theres wasn't one in the show house so just want to be prepared if we need to get one!

Do feel free to pass on any advice/tips for the rest of us who are patiently waiting to move in!!

Thanks a million!
    ---

That's strange - am pretty sure they had the shower door in december, when we visited the show-house - we did not ask, however, if they are included - presumed that would be "normal" to have them fitted as part of the ensuite - also looked again at the castle farm video on Youtube - glass door is there (look from minute 2:40 on the video, unless I am looking at the wrong thing). Would be nice if someone who already moved in could confirm that. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

barbarosa wrote: »
    ---

That's strange - am pretty sure they had the shower door in december, when we visited the show-house - we did not ask, however, if they are included - presumed that would be "normal" to have them fitted as part of the ensuite - also looked again at the castle farm video on Youtube - glass door is there (look from minute 2:40 on the video, unless I am looking at the wrong thing). Would be nice if someone who already moved in could confirm that. Thx

Thanks a million! My husband is sure there wasn't one when we visited the showhouse way back in Sept so they've put one in since which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Hi Raighne hope you're good and settling in well?

Random question but did the ensuite bathroom come with a glass door for the shower? Theres wasn't one in the show house so just want to be prepared if we need to get one!

Do feel free to pass on any advice/tips for the rest of us who are patiently waiting to move in!!

Thanks a million!

Hi! We're settling in well thanks, all good so far!

Yes, the shower in the ensuite has a glass door.

I'm term's of tips or advice, for anyone thinking of buying a three bed, we had a stairs fitted to the attic immediately and plywood flooring put down. There is LOADS of space up there and it makes a big difference to the house.

Broadband is proving to be an issue. Only mobile broadband is available at the moment. The houses are wired for fibre to the home but there's no date given as to when that will actually be connected by broadband Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Raighne01 wrote: »

I'm term's of tips or advice, for anyone thinking of buying a three bed, we had a stairs fitted to the attic immediately and plywood flooring put down. There is LOADS of space up there and it makes a big difference to the house.

Broadband is proving to be an issue. Only mobile broadband is available at the moment. The houses are wired for fibre to the home but there's no date given as to when that will actually be connected by broadband Ireland.

Great tips Raighne thanks so much. Glad to hear you're settling in well. Hope the broadband issue gets sorted.

Can I ask if you got the onsite builders to put the stairs in to the attic or was it someone external? If you don't mind sharing the cost that would be great. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

Unfortunate news about the broadband. especially with the amount of WFH that is currently happening. Hope they sort that soon for you!

We are seriously considering the attic stairs too. Would love an idea of cost if you don’t mind sharing? Or a picture of how it looks? Where did you lose the space on the second floor?

• Advertisement

Great tips Raighne thanks so much. Glad to hear you're settling in well. Hope the broadband issue gets sorted.

Can I ask if you got the onsite builders to put the stairs in to the attic or was it someone external? If you don't mind sharing the cost that would be great. Thank you.

I'll PM you now!

Wormy001 wrote: »
    Unfortunate news about the broadband. especially with the amount of WFH that is currently happening. Hope they sort that soon for you!

We are seriously considering the attic stairs too. Would love an idea of cost if you don’t mind sharing? Or a picture of how it looks? Where did you lose the space on the second floor?

I'll PM you now!

I think it'll be a while before the broadband is sorted.
    No space lost on the second floor, the bannister was broken just outside the master bedroom and the second stairs went above the first stairs.

Photo 1

549071.jpg

Photo 2

Photo 2

549072.jpg

• Advertisement

Photo 3

549073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Photo 3

nice job on the stairs & lovely finish -I’m in the market for an attic stairs for what may now become a home office ( elsewhere) - would you mind sharing the cost & who did it please? Lively job. Good luck in new home!

PS -shocking re broadband! There was a thread on boards aboutElon Musts star broadband project -available in Ireland apparently and set up cost e500 & monthly fee. Given some 3mobile appalling non-service it might be worth looking up/a read.

nice job on the stairs & lovely finish -I’m in the market for an attic stairs for what may now become a home office ( elsewhere) - would you mind sharing the cost & who did it please? Lively job. Good luck in new home!

PS -shocking re broadband! There was a thread on boards aboutElon Musts star broadband project -available in Ireland apparently and set up cost e500 & monthly fee. Given some 3mobile appalling non-service it might be worth looking up/a read.

Thank you! I'll PM you the details in a minute.

Ya, I read about that a couple of week's ago, it seems fairly pricey so it looks like Eir Mobile Broadband for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

For anyone looking to buy phase 3, prices are 100% going up. EA confirmed today there will be price increases, TBA they don't have exact pricing structures yet. If you notice they removed prices and put POA on new adds. My bet is 20k up on each unit price, seems to be the madness that is going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

It is madness. There was a new phase released nearby in Priestown, Kilbride which sold out within a couple of hours yesterday. 3-bed semis selling from 410k off plans with no showhouse and a 10k booking deposit required. They also don't have clarity yet on whether the attics are convertible! I fear it's a sign of what's to come in the market.

It's really so difficult and we are finding the whole process so stressful. Nothing anyone can do at this stage just wait it out if you can (we are lucky with our rental and area its in), although who knows when supply will pick up again

We thought we might be lucky and get 3 bed end but looks like 2bed apartment at this stage the way prices are going. Priestown were overpriced at launch plus that site is small in comparison to the 200 acres area development which is planned for Kilbride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jomurray

Does anyone know when the EA will provide the next update on when phase 3 will be released?

Also, I wonder with Covid how will reserving a unit logistically work?

Hi, I spoke with the EA in the past week. Phase 3 is likely to be released from the end of May/June. You can reserve one when they are released by calling/emailing Sherry Fitzgerald Maynooth.

3 beds likely to be touching above 400k and the 4 beds closer to 500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarah1504

Hi,
    Does anyone know any updates on this estate and ideas around release date. It’s almost impossible to understand what houses are being released when and at what price.
    Have just read through this forum and wondering if anyone knew anymore on the situation since last posted.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

It is madness. There was a new phase released nearby in Priestown, Kilbride which sold out within a couple of hours yesterday. 3-bed semis selling from 410k off plans with no showhouse and a 10k booking deposit required. They also don't have clarity yet on whether the attics are convertible! I fear it's a sign of what's to come in the market.

while i agree with everything you have said - those houses in kilbride look phenomenal from the road - way way better than the ones in dunboyne - now couldnt tell you what the inside is like and you are far more "country" out there but the two arent comparable much in my eyes.

• Advertisement

while i agree with everything you have said - those houses in kilbride look phenomenal from the road - way way better than the ones in dunboyne - now couldnt tell you what the inside is like and you are far more "country" out there but the two arent comparable much in my eyes.

They are really high quality houses,quartz kitchen worktops and underfloor heating downstairs, they have many extras other houses don’t. This phase is a new style. We registered interest, however the EA only released 6 houses to the public, the smaller north facing rear ones. No idea what they done with the rest. We had our heart set on one was very disappointed

Yes, we were in the same boat. The EA told me the builder sold the south-facing ones but I suspect Tormey Lee were much more involved than they let on... We took a trip down to Castlefarm last weekend and I think we're going to hold off reserving in phase 3. We thought the 3 beds are a little on the small side and think 400k is just too much. We have AIP for a year so we're going to sit it out for a few months I think rather than panic buy despite the temptation!

I spoke with the EA last week. She said unlikely to be released before the end of May and they're also chasing the builder to confirm price and how many houses will be released. I know the builder has sold one of the remaining 4 beds to a family member/friend so that leaves just 3. They'll touch just below 500k which in my view is completely over the top. A 100k difference between the 3 bed and 4 bed just isn't sustainable and I'd be worried about resale value in the future when the market corrects itself - just an opinion!

I spoke with the EA last week. She said unlikely to be released before the end of May and they're also chasing the builder to confirm price and how many houses will be released. I know the builder has sold one of the remaining 4 beds to a family member/friend so that leaves just 3. They'll touch just below 500k which in my view is completely over the top. A 100k difference between the 3 bed and 4 bed just isn't sustainable and I'd be worried about resale value in the future when the market corrects itself - just an opinion!

Agree, agree, agree the market is completely dysfunctional and the increases for new builds are not sustainable for resale imo, if you have the money & are happy to keep for 15+ years go for it, however, we are also in a position now to hold off for a couple of years. I just keep thinking once the planning is given full permisson for the Connaugton lands (820 no. residential units (336 no. houses, 484 no. apartments), 2 no. creches and Clonee lands 220 house/duplex on the backroads, Kellystown 320 houses in D.15 which are all in the rougly 10/15 mins (same vacinity) that these houses will be overpriced. Granted though anyone who is buying is doing so for a 'family home' so resale is not as big an issue if you plan to keep. It's all relative to your circumstances.

Remember Kilcock also has large expansion plans with planning in An Bord Pleanala at the moment, those houses are beautiful in Priestown, however the ones you are viewing from road are 4 bed and detached (beautiful house and much better than Dunboyne 4bed layout), the 3bed were in final phase and they were similar imo to Dunboyne.

Yes, we were in the same boat. The EA told me the builder sold the south-facing ones but I suspect Tormey Lee were much more involved than they let on... We took a trip down to Castlefarm last weekend and I think we're going to hold off reserving in phase 3. We thought the 3 beds are a little on the small side and think 400k is just too much. We have AIP for a year so we're going to sit it out for a few months I think rather than panic buy despite the temptation!

A family member of mine knows many people in the industry and asked around about Priestown and apparently the builder has no interest in keeping properties in the development, my guess is EA maximizing own profit. It’s a shame really we had our heart set on it.
    I haven’t seen the ones in this development yet but thank you for the feed back. I also think 500k for the 4 bedroom house is very over priced. In bellingsmore the 4 bedroom house with the exact same layout but bigger was 410k it was 480k for a show home , Hollywoodrath is current at its highest and 455k for a 4 bedroom house. Considering these are Dublin properties resale value is bound to be better than in Dunboyne so I agree with you there.
    I think it’s just the wrong time at the moment with the pandemic, we are also considering just watching over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

Ciarah1504 wrote: »
    A family member of mine knows many people in the industry and asked around about Priestown and apparently the builder has no interest in keeping properties in the development, my guess is EA maximizing own profit. It’s a shame really we had our heart set on it.
    I haven’t seen the ones in this development yet but thank you for the feed back. I also think 500k for the 4 bedroom house is very over priced. In bellingsmore the 4 bedroom house with the exact same layout but bigger was 410k it was 480k for a show home , Hollywoodrath is current at its highest and 455k for a 4 bedroom house. Considering these are Dublin properties resale value is bound to be better than in Dunboyne so I agree with you there.
    I think it’s just the wrong time at the moment with the pandemic, we are also considering just watching over the next year.

I completely agree that prices are so high...but I’m worried they may not come down, with inflation and demand exceeding supply. Bellingsmore is in Tyrellstown, and Hollywoodrath is in Hollystown. As I am aware, properties in both areas would typically be cheaper than properties in dunboyne, although they are in county Dublin...I don’t think having a Meath address should effect resale potential...Pierce-town is lovely but if secondary school is a consideration, it’s a bit of a drive...
    Also as for things like quartz work tops and underfloor heating...they’re not hugely expensive to add in later...if needs be

Kilbride is a more spacious development. The interiors are beautiful. We visited the original show house and considered it.. it is quite remote though...which can be nice too...i

In Dunboyne there are so many facilities, primary and secondary schools, clubs, running track, restaurants, shops, park next door, train station opposite...children could be in safe walk or cycle distance from everything...meaning potentially a lot less family time spent in the car...Castle farm with easily convertible attic ticked more boxes for us.

Location is so important, but you will get more for the same money further out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Kilbride is a more spacious development. The interiors are beautiful. We visited the original show house and considered it.. it is quite remote though...which can be nice too...i

In Dunboyne there are so many facilities, primary and secondary schools, clubs, running track, restaurants, shops, park next door, train station opposite...children could be in safe walk or cycle distance from everything...meaning potentially a lot less family time spent in the car...Castle farm with easily convertible attic ticked more boxes for us.

Location is so important, but you will get more for the same money further out...

oh i agree 100% - the facilities are great for kids, but theres loads more that i think the village needs.
    Quality of the restaurants are poor - in my opinion only one decent one there.
    By all accounts the secondary school is one of the best in the country, and has a huge catchment (or at least has huge numbers coming from outside dunboyne).
    Its good because its small so yes the kids wont have far to go for your everyday things, but if they get into anything other than GAA you are in trouble (i say trouble just means more time in the car). There are no other sports facilities not even a public soccer pitch apart from the astros.
    Im sure all the other stuff will come along as the village grows of course.

oh i agree 100% - the facilities are great for kids, but theres loads more that i think the village needs.
    Quality of the restaurants are poor - in my opinion only one decent one there.
    By all accounts the secondary school is one of the best in the country, and has a huge catchment (or at least has huge numbers coming from outside dunboyne).
    Its good because its small so yes the kids wont have far to go for your everyday things, but if they get into anything other than GAA you are in trouble (i say trouble just means more time in the car). There are no other sports facilities not even a public soccer pitch apart from the astros.
    Im sure all the other stuff will come along as the village grows of course.

So I spoke to my friend who lives in dunboyne today...he said Dunboyne also has an excellent soccer club, with with lots of pitches, another Astro, a new world class athletics track, tennis club, scouts, community centre with every sport you could want, gymnastics, ballet, badminton, martial arts, basket ball. It doesn’t have a pool or rugby club yet, but nearly everything else. Plenty of choice if you don’t want to travel...Coolmine and Westmanstown pool are a 5 mins drive too. National sports complex in Blanchardstown within 10 mins drive too. Airport within 30 mins too...I’m i for a village.
    He said it’s a very pro-active sporty community, there are plans for more facilities too.

Also he named lots of good restaurants and cafes ..thinks there are over 10. La bucca, Frank and Honest, Avoca, and new cafe ‘so-up’ get top top reviews. Lidl, Aldi within a few Kms and supervalue....Also 10 mins from lots more restaurants in maynooth and blanch...super handy location in my mind. I’ve done a bit of research...Castle Farm is still our best option.

Now all we need are the keys and for all these sports clubs, shops, facilities and and restaurants to reopen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Has anyone who has moved in so far been able to get internet broadband set up? Someone mentioned a while ago that only mobile broadband is available at the moment. We should be moving in in July and would be handy for WFH if proper broadband was already set up!

Advertisement