Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    Damn Sunday gig here

Think a trip is on the cards

bank holiday sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This bon ivor guy must be good seems to always play here

Is he another one of those hipster gods ?? Beards are a must to attend ha

Hes absolutely awful. Peak bed wetting music.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This bon ivor guy must be good seems to always play here

Is he another one of those hipster gods ?? Beards are a must to attend ha
    He's marmite for a lot of people, but I love his stuff.

Changing his sound by the album.. sometimes not always for the better, but always making very interesting music.

Puts on one helluva live show - saw him in the Apollo in London and easily in my top 3 gigs of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

The Nal wrote: »
    Hes absolutely awful. Peak bed wetting music.

I didn't even have to check the name to know who posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Damn Sunday gig here

Think a trip is on the cards
    it's a bank holiday if it makes any difference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

interesting that it's Selective Memory promoting this, biggest gig they've done so far I think?
    Good to have someone other than Aiken/MCD doing gigs in the 3Arena.

Bon Iver pre-sale is from tomorrow morning, or Thursday morning if you sign up to the SM mailing list. Can't imagine it'll sell out though, probably still be able to pick up tickets on the day.
    €49.50 standing/ €54.50 seated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

interesting that it's Selective Memory promoting this, biggest gig they've done so far I think?
    Good to have someone other than Aiken/MCD doing gigs in the 3Arena.

Bon Iver pre-sale is from tomorrow morning, or Thursday morning if you sign up to the SM mailing list. Can't imagine it'll sell out though, probably still be able to pick up tickets on the day.
    €49.50 standing/ €54.50 seated

I think the last 3 Arena show sold out pretty sharp and, since then, it's only been the Forbidden Fruit and Sounds from a Safe Harbour shows in Ireland so I'd expect decent demand. Maybe not an immediate sell-out but being on a bank holiday weekend might help shift some tickets too.

I'll be trying the pre-sale anyway. New tour set-up looks amazing and having Aaron Dessner/PEOPLE in support should be interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just on the event page now

Artist Presale
    Promoter Presale
    Spotify Presale
    3 Presale

Jaysus it's getting out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just on the event page now

Artist Presale
    Promoter Presale
    Spotify Presale
    3 Presale

Jaysus it's getting out of hand
    Yeah, spotted that during the leaked event yesterday.

Hate presales as, while you do have first access to tickets, they often sell the poorer seats/stands.

The best tickets I've gotten have been skipping presales and going straight to the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Can't see them chance the Aviva anyway.

Played Kilmainham a few years back, tickets "sold out" in a few days then a few weeks before the gig tickets were magically plentiful going for almost nothing on toutless then on the night it was apparent the gig was well undersold.

Really? Are you sure? I was keeping a close eye on toutless for that one. And for the longest time anyway, there was nothing. It could be the case, that something came up for me, and I knew I wouldn't be able to go so just stopped checking toutless. But from what I recollect, Green and Nick Cave were the 2 kilmainham gigs that seemed to as close to a proper sold out gig is these days. Maybe the auld memory is a little fuzzy these days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Basq wrote: »

Hate presales as, while you do have first access to tickets, they often sell the poorer seats/stands.

The best tickets I've gotten have been skipping presales and going straight to the general sale.
    I have found artist and spotify presales get good allocations. Worst allocation is 3 presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer announcing a tour tomorrow,

I think it'll be US only,
    but rumours of a Few UK dates also, could maybe seem them hitting here

waiting impatiently for news on this. interesting way to do it, 3 acts so 1 stage 1 set etc. and if a ticket is on the pricey side you're getting 3 for the price of one, plus only 1 night's hotel etc. Not that bad. Please come here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would absolutely love to see Weezer, but fúck all interest in the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Really? Are you sure?
    Yeah thought it was very noticeable tbh healthy crowd but as much as 1k shy I'd gather, I know the rain might have scared a few away but not that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Green Day/FOB/Weezer
    June 29th
    RDS

Funnily enough think that's the exact date GD played here last.

Source: GD website.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Green Day/FOB/Weezer
    June 29th
    RDS

Expecting tickets to cost a small fortune for this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Expecting tickets to cost a small fortune for this.....

"Tickets from €79.50" as per the poster on Twitter.

Add your Ticketmaster charges to that.

Probably some "premium" tickets too but its been years since I've been to the RDS so not sure how that might work there!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

"Tickets from €79.50" as per the poster on Twitter.

Add your Ticketmaster charges to that.

Probably some "premium" tickets too but its been years since I've been to the RDS so not sure how that might work there!

Was there for Foo Fighters and Bon Jovi. Pitch is split in two, for Bon Jovie I think it was just over 100 for pitch 1 tickets. Foo's had the right idea and priced both pitches to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Green Day/FOB/Weezer
    June 29th
    RDS

Hopefully the weather will be better than their last Dublin gig, plus it's a Monday night ooof!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yes I'll be having some of that never seen Green Day or Weezer

I guessed right anyway with the venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Will hopefully be going. I've never seen Green Day or Weezer. Don't know too much about Fallout Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Why couldn’t it have been The Offspring instead of Fall Out Boy?

Will hopefully be going. I've never seen Green Day or Weezer. Don't know too much about Fallout Boy.

Fall Out Boy are good saw them in 2014 in the Olympia shortest concert i was ever at lasted about 70 mins. More a fan of the old stuff and not anything after 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Basq wrote: »

How would one get access to the pre-sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

EEHnNgQU8AA2AkD?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OblongBitesizedIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif

EEHnNgQU8AA2AkD?format=jpg&name=small

promoters do sure love annoucing stuff together

Ill guess and say it will be for the 40+ market and will be Paul Mccartney

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Surely that's Westlife for Cork? Unreal if it's somebody good.

Such a shame Weezer are third down on that bill. Tis a Monday, live in cork, will be a dad by then so I'll have to rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Mushy wrote: »
    Surely that's Westlife for Cork? Unreal if it's somebody good.

Such a shame Weezer are third down on that bill. Tis a Monday, live in cork, will be a dad by then so I'll have to rule it out.

the announcement is on monday,the gig probably wont be on a monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

You can sign up for pre-sale for Green day on their website and mcd's facebook page. Id recommend doing both and using both links on monday i think everyone will be using the mcd one so tickets will be scarce on that i can imagine. 79.50 is a decent price considering the three acts. I dont think Slane would top it for the lineup surely this will be uo their for gig of the year already it will definitely sell out

Advertisement