Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

An early look this week draws me to the chargers going to Seattle. Seattle have appeared to have turned a corner but it's all based on running the ball well against poor run defences I feel like the chargers corners can get on top allowing them to stack the box and stop the run and Seattle won't be able to score enough to stay with them. I've always been wary of backing the chargers as their game management has been notoriously bad but I feel they are being a bit underestimated this year with their only losses coming against kc and the rams. Coming off a bye week can only help too suprised to see them as big as 21/20 straight up so I'll be taking a piece of that

I don't like that. I know they haven't beaten much but after a very poor first two games they have looked good, even in the close loss at the Rams, and I'd never take a team against them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

All in on the Raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Bateman wrote: »
    All in on the Raiders

Christ how could you trust a team like them

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I went for the Raiders. Dear lawd.

I like the Browns and the under 52 today - weather never great this time of year and Hill is inactive

• Advertisement

Famous last words but feeling confident today.

Double on steelers and chargers both to win 3/1

Under 52 in Cleveland
    Under 37.5 in buffalo
    Under 46 in Denver
    6/1

Falcons +2
    Saints +2
    Dolphins-2.5
    5.8/1

Brown
    Ridley
    Kamara
    Anytime treble 8.8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Keep an eye on the in-running betting, I made a killing on it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Treble of saints, panthers and Steelers for me this week, as much and all as it pains me to bet against my ravens

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Bateman wrote: »
    I like the Browns and the under 52 today - weather never great this time of year and Hill is inactive

I am sad

Famous last words but feeling confident today.

Double on steelers and chargers both to win 3/1

Under 52 in Cleveland
    Under 37.5 in buffalo
    Under 46 in Denver
    6/1

Falcons +2
    Saints +2
    Dolphins-2.5
    5.8/1

Brown
    Ridley
    Kamara
    Anytime treble 8.8/1

I do love it when things come together 3 out of 4 with the points bet going down. Managed to catch a big stroke of look too kept an eye on pats team news and when michel was ruled out I got Patterson at 11/2 anytime td he went to 13/8 within a minute of me getting on. Lovely day regardless with some fantastic games to watch

• Advertisement

Treble of saints, panthers and Steelers for me this week, as much and all as it pains me to bet against my ravens

Worked out lovely ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Surely there were a few on the overs last night, I left it alone because it felt too easy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Last week was good.

Patriots, Bears and chargers, all -6.5 treble for me at just over 4s today. On a roll at the minute after a poor start

Going with
    bears ht/ft
    Bucs-3
    Atlanta -5
    Treble 5/1

To score 2+ tds Trixie
    Hunt
    Gordon
    Kamara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Done a bit of stat reading for touchdown scorers tonight seeing which teams had good pass/rush offenses and bad pass/rush defenses so have went with these 3 Td scorers all medium

Alex Collins Baltimore Ravens 9/5
    Kenny Golladay Detroit Lions 7/5
    Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles 13/8

Good luck if following

markc91 wrote: »
    Done a bit of stat reading for touchdown scorers tonight seeing which teams had good pass/rush offenses and bad pass/rush defenses so have went with these 3 Td scorers all medium

Alex Collins Baltimore Ravens 9/5
    Kenny Golladay Detroit Lions 7/5
    Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles 13/8

Good luck if following

2/3 Collins and Golladay oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

2/3 Collins and Golladay oblige

Are these anytime TD prices? Would love to know what site you're using...

Bet365 had Collins at less then evens and Golladay and Ertz as shorter than these prices too...

gerryfed wrote: »
    Are these anytime TD prices? Would love to know what site you're using...

Bet365 had Collins at less then evens and Golladay and Ertz as shorter than these prices too...

Yeah anytime prices taken from oddschecker. For tonight on quite an obvious double if you can get evens+ Gurley and Hill both anytime or chance Gurley 2+ and Hill anytime

The chargers break my heart they really do thought i was taking the safe option yesterday going ht/ft @4/5 rather than the spread as they are liable to take the foot off the gas. I already know they are unpredictable yet I put myself through the pain far too often. Looking at tonight's I feel cooks might get some joy against an average chiefs secondary taking the wincast @15/8 2 or more 13/2 and cooks and hill both 2+ @25s

• Advertisement

Thursday looks an ideal opportunity for a teaser treble on the favs think it should work out about 9/4

Got a 6/4 request a bet tonight on Betfair for Kansas most passing tds and rams most rushing tds

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bears -4 @ Lions looks decent but I'm a bit concerned about the short rest going on the road.

Yeah anytime prices taken from oddschecker. For tonight on quite an obvious double if you can get evens+ Gurley and Hill both anytime or chance Gurley 2+ and Hill anytime

In what world is there 14 touchdowns and Gurley at 1/7 doesn't get one!

Bears -4 @ Lions looks decent but I'm a bit concerned about the short rest going on the road.

Trubisky may not be great but he's a few levels up from chase Daniel. Detroit with a chance to spoil Chicagos big chance it's a tricky one for me can see both defences dominating and it being a field goal game

Following on from 2/3 big price TD scorers last weekend tomorrow im on both Anthony Miller (Chicago Bears) 12/5 & Adrian Peterson (Washington Redskins) 11/8 + on Alvin Kamara for the treble.

With tre Smith looking doubtful marshall could see some snaps for the saints and he's quite big at 7s

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've done

Detroit/Chicago over 44.5 points
    Atlanta +13

I'm thinking about either Washington +7 or under 40.5 points in the other game.

With the lions missing both Johnson and Jones on offense and slay and ansah both doubtful on the defence I'm not sure I can draw up a scenario where they can score enough points to beat Chicago. Add golden tate to the list and they are missing 3 of their main 4 playmakers and the Chicago D is no joke. Gonna sleep on it but expect to be taking Detroit under 20.5 @8/11 for starters

• Advertisement

Bets for today
    Detroit under 20
    Washington over 17
    Double 3/1

Howard and zeke wincast double 5.9/1

Howard and zeke 2tds each 44/1

Advertisement