Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laser eye surgery with optilase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

It is €2990 for laser vision in Dublin no hidden costs . Plus lifetime guarantee. I am still researching I think it was the wavefront maybe prk . Thanks

No private health unfortunately. I am going to Belfast 05th mum is getting a cataract removed . I will enquire up there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aallaann9003

Hi
    I'm getting PRK treatment with optilase next week.
    Is there anybody who can send me on their refer a friend voucher
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DOD555

Hi
    Thanks

PM'd you, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miss nesbit

Hi
    Thanks

Let us know how you get on...

• Advertisement

I'm on the verge of booking my surgery for a few weeks time.

I have dry eyes at the minute and worried the problem will be x100 after surgery.

Hoping to get LASIK but waiting on surgeon to get back to me to see if he thinks I should get PRK.

They have told me if I hadnt mentioned the dry eye they wouldnt have known because all my readings are normal.
    The dry eye feeling is subjective though isnt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I'm on the verge of booking my surgery for a few weeks time.

I have dry eyes at the minute and worried the problem will be x100 after surgery.

Hoping to get LASIK but waiting on surgeon to get back to me to see if he thinks I should get PRK.

They have told me if I hadnt mentioned the dry eye they wouldnt have known because all my readings are normal.
    The dry eye feeling is subjective though isnt it...

I had very bad dry eye and discomfort wearing contacts prior to Surgery.
    My left eye could tolerate wearing contacts for a few hours but the right eye would barely last an hour. Final straw was a trip to the US when it felt like I spent 1/2 of the time adjusting my lenses :(
    Got my surgery done in October which wasn't a great time with colleagues putting A/C on in the Office but I stuck religiously to the eye drop schedule and I was ok.
    Best of luck!
    p.s. I'll send you a referral if you need one, no terms conditions etc :)

I do have a question about optilase, how does one go about bargaining the price down.
    My quote is 3080 currently so lasik thats not including the 100 off for referal.

I'd love to knock a couple of hundred off as I see people have gotten it with optilase for less.
    If I say ive been quoted less will they ask for proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I do have a question about optilase, how does one go about bargaining the price down.
    My quote is 3080 currently so lasik thats not including the 100 off for referal.

I'd love to knock a couple of hundred off as I see people have gotten it with optilase for less.
    If I say ive been quoted less will they ask for proof?
    Yeah they'll look for proof as they only match offers with same conditions, technology etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭halkar

After many years of thinking I finally grew enough b@lls to get laser eye treatment :D
    Anyone has referral?
    Much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

halkar wrote: »
    After many years of thinking I finally grew enough b@lls to get laser eye treatment :D
    Anyone has referral?
    Much appreciated :)

PM'd you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I got my eyes done with optilase in 2013. Never an issue. My dad paid for it as a 40th birthday present. When he mentioned that he got a chunk off. I had vhi and got that off. My mam was with me when I got it done as she was a member of the cwu got that discount as well. I'm sure they shouldn't all have been cumulative but they were

My eyes still great!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭normanbond

Have noticed my eyesight blurring a good bit in the last couple of months. I've been using reading glasses for the last 3 years but never needed glasses for outdoor wear.
    Am thinking of going for laser eye surgery so am wondering if anyone has any advice or recent experience.
    What can I expect to pay and any advice in getting a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

normanbond wrote: »
    Have noticed my eyesight blurring a good bit in the last couple of months. I've been using reading glasses for the last 3 years but never needed glasses for outdoor wear.
    Am thinking of going for laser eye surgery so am wondering if anyone has any advice or recent experience.
    What can I expect to pay and any advice in getting a good price?

The price can vary but I paid 1800 for one eye in 2015. I went through Optilase, found them grand and had no hassle with the surgery itself.
    I'd definitely look into going for a consultation somewhere.
    If you decide to go with them I can give you a referral code to get €100 off, or if you have any questions just ask away or pm me for more details.

After a failed attempt at optilaise my daughter got hers done at laservision.ie with John Fenton . I would highly recommend him for his professionalism and aftercare.
    I found Optalaise to be like a cattle market . The place was packed. You weren’t left upstairs to the clinic until you paid first .
    My daughter was told that because she moved her head they could not continue . They could not get suction on her eyeball and she came out of there in agony. We waited 8 months before we attempted it again. Had no problems with the laser vision procedure .
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Going to Optilase today for a consultation and not really sure what to expect re prices. They say they start at €795 per eye for 'Standard Treatment' which I guess is Lasik? The next tier is Lasek / PRK / Intralase @ €1495 per eye. No doubt they'll upsell! I gather the quoted prices are less Health Insurance discount? I already have a referral from a user here. So what should I expect to pay then? €2800 (€2900 - €100 referral)?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I considered getting this done years and years ago, but was told my eye sight was too bad (-10 ish in both eyes). I'm wondering if maybe technology has improved. Anybody with really bad eye sight that has had the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Going to Optilase today for a consultation and not really sure what to expect re prices. They say they start at €795 per eye for 'Standard Treatment' which I guess is Lasik? The next tier is Lasek / PRK / Intralase @ €1495 per eye. No doubt they'll upsell! I gather the quoted prices are less Health Insurance discount? I already have a referral from a user here. So what should I expect to pay then? €2800 (€2900 - €100 referral)?

Thanks.

I paid approx €3290 4 years ago for Lasik. So you can expext to pay more then the initial advertised price. Very happy with outcome and found Optilase to be 100% re consultation check up, surgery itself and post care up to 12 months after. My eyesight was -3 both and of course 20/20 now. Obviously I also have a refferal if anyone needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Went for the consultation yesterday. My eyes aren't bad at -1.7 & -1.3. She demonstrated how laser would correct my long vision, which I'm currently wearing glasses for but said regardless of surgery I'd need reading glasses within 5 years. She suggested, because my prescription is quite mild, a better and cheaper option would be to get surgery done in one eye only (ever see people take their glasses off to read?). The theory is this will allow me to go without glasses altogether for cq. 10 years. I'm currently wearing just one contact lens to test this out. Not sure about it yet as my eyes were dialated yesterday after the consultation but it all seems good this morning. Anyone else have or hear of this being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarah23lou

I had my eyes done recently and while at a follow up I enquires about a friend of mine who is -10ish in both eyes. I was told they can go to -12 I think but that they do one eye at a time! You should ring and ask! When I initially rang about a consultation I was given my price over the phone! Hope this helps
    Achasanai wrote: »
    I considered getting this done years and years ago, but was told my eye sight was too bad (-10 ish in both eyes). I'm wondering if maybe technology has improved. Anybody with really bad eye sight that has had the procedure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

sarah23lou wrote: »
    I had my eyes done recently and while at a follow up I enquires about a friend of mine who is -10ish in both eyes. I was told they can go to -12 I think but that they do one eye at a time! You should ring and ask! When I initially rang about a consultation I was given my price over the phone! Hope this helps

That's really helpful. I will look into it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hobes

Just looking for a referral for Optilase (based in Cork if that matters) if anyone has one, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

hobes wrote: »
    Just looking for a referral for Optilase (based in Cork if that matters) if anyone has one, cheers!

PM sent.

PM sent.

Received, thanks!

So I went about my initial consultation with Optilase and I feel like I was quoted really high, I'm looking for some guidance here. Here is the quote I received:

Total cost: €4,460
    15% insurance taken off: €3,790
    €100 RAF: €3,690 (from sportsfan90)

I was expecting around the €3,000 mark so would like to know if anyone has had any different quote numbers recently from Optilase?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

I paid €3500 in 2009 without any insurance so I’d say that’s right now over 10 years later.

Optilaise aren't the only ones in Ireland that do it . Have you tried other places . If you took a cancellation date with Optilaise they would do it cheaper .
    Personally I found Optilaise was like a laser eye assembly line. . Place was packed and you were not left upstairs to the clinic until you paid in full.
    We ended up cancelling and going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dorans Pride

Can you drive after the consultation?

Can you drive after the consultation?

No, not after the initial consultation, and most definitely not after the procedure itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone a referral please?

Advertisement