Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift

• 29-04-2012 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Does anybody like Taylor Swift here?

I'm a guy but I'm a big fan of Taylor!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

First single "love story" was good, didn't like the second one ("you belong with me" or something) but can't really remember any of her songs since.

Will fade into obscurity soon enough I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

She has a few guilty pleasures, I'm also a guy who enjoys her music.

Its a hell of a lot better than the absolute tripe that is in the charts right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I like Taylor Swifting… does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I like her duet with Boys Like Girls

She's not the worst. Not really my cup of tea though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

I don't mind but i think you guys are she is a guilty pleasure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,350 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She seems to be changing from her country roots to a more pop sound but no denying she had some real catchy tunes especially her new track Trouble imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I thinks she's actually quite a good song writer - she has been making a very good living from it since she was 12 or 13 or something crazy like that! And i do mean VERY good - she earned something like a million dollars a week last year!
    I wouldn't be a particular fan or anything but she has a couple of really good songs- love story springs to mind, we are never getting back together is catchy as hell! Plus she has the looks to go with it (very few ugly pop stars, regardless how good the songs are!)- I can see her being a very big player for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I think she's okay. I mean she has had a few good, catchy songs and she definitely has talent but I wouldn't download any of her songs on to my iPhone. I think she seems like a really sweet person and I'm happy she has found success, her music just wouldn't really be my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

More of a Miranda Lambert kinda guy when it comes to Country Rock. Taylor is far, far too whiny. Real Country should celebrate strong women. :D

and the frankly psychotic Gunpowder and Lead...

She does have a tender side though, this gets me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Does anybody like Taylor Swift here?

I'm a guy but I'm a big fan of Taylor!

Thank you Sir! I thought I was alone in that category! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The song she has out at the moment does be spinning around my head for hours after hearing it. It'll eventually drive me daft!

h48812BF2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Did anyone see thise 'Knew you were Trouble' cover yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcM14Al83Ls

Amazing!! Dubstep acapella country pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Used to be country, that title is now as relevant to her as hip hop is to the BEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

I like her, she's a good songwriter.

Her star performance, for me, was her 'monologue' on SNL, this was after some rap-idiot upstaged her at the Emmys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Haha that was funny :pac: But was she purposely singing bad in this (especially at the very off key la la part) because I don't think she sounds that bad normally? It was probably part of the joke idk! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Geo10 wrote: »
    Haha that was funny :pac: But was she purposely singing bad in this (especially at the very off key la la part) because I don't think she sounds that bad normally? It was probably part of the joke idk! :P

Never seen that SNL bit before, very funny. Taylor Swift is super cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Reebrock wrote: »
    Never seen that SNL bit before, very funny. Taylor Swift is super cute.
    indeed, but it seems to a theme that country music attracts(/promotes/requires) very pretty chicks to go along with its whiny din.
    Used to be a massive fan of country music tv back in my student days, but only with the sound muted.

To be fair, her last couple of songs are pleasant enough and dont provoke the normal reaction instant reflex of switching stations in the car like her old stuff would.

indeed, but it seems to a theme that country music attracts(/promotes/requires) very pretty chicks to go along with its whiny din.
    Used to be a massive fan of country music tv back in my student days, but only with the sound muted.

To be fair, her last couple of songs are pleasant enough and dont provoke the normal reaction instant reflex of switching stations in the car like her old stuff would.

Here's something for you to watch with no need to mute the sound;

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭drumslate

I think she is abit of a guilty pleasure

I want to date Taylor and break up with her so she can write beautiful music about me. Then get back with her as she is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

I'm a guy and a massive Taylor fan. I even managed to persuade my wife to go and see her in concert with me. I think she is a brilliant songwriter. I think her new album doesn't have a bad song on it.

Can't post like as in work, but has anybody seen that video of Taylor singing in the children's hospital going around this week? Really heart warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,350 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Her new song Shake It Off is brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Don't like her at all. Find her lyrics very insincere and I think she has a very mediocre singing voice. Country artists (if you could even call her that) should at least have a powerful set of pipes. A lot of women in country tend to. She's very 'meh' to me.

Trisha Yearwood, on the other hand. Some voice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think her first album "Taylor Swift" is fantastic. The second Fearless is extremely good also, and was the one that got me liking her in the first place. "Speak Now" wasn't as great as the first as you could tell she was moving more towards pop music than country. "Red" then confirmed this as it was another step down.

TBH, I'm dreading "1989" as I know it's going to be the first real one to disappoint me. It was the same with Rihanna. She had me all the way up to "Loud" despite it still being a step down from her previous albums but after that her collection tails off a bit.

I just don't want Taylor to let me down in the same manner. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I love Taylor Swift. There is something very genuine about her, she has the talent and can sing a variety of styles.
    Very good to her fans and her new album was worth the money.

I rarely buy an album, the last one before this was Red...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't like her music, id definitely give her one though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think 1989 is an excellent album, the deluxe album is the one to get.

Love all the songs, well worth buying.

Katy Perry I bet isn't happy with the song 'Bad blood'...

Advertisement