Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest place to buy contact lenses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daysoft

Hi Manu,

I work at daysoft in Scotland. Hadn't heard of 3V, so asked them about the card. They tell me ALL web-sites displaying Visa Credit Card, including daysoft, take the 3V card.

So although you haven't got a credit card you should select the Visa Credit Card logo to pay with 3V. From then on, it seems you just go through the process in the normal way. (Don't select Visa Debit or Visa Electron as apparently that won't work)

For any more questions you might have about daysoft, please e-mail customercare@daysoftlenses.com and they'll get back to you.

Thanks!
    Fraser

• Registered Users Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thank you daysoft for producing cheap contact lenses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 donnaghc

Hi

Just wondering if someone can advise me!

I have worn hard contacts for 11 years and have just recently started using soft lenses.

At the moment my optician in Specsavers has me trying out the monthly's, have tried the dailies also, have to say I love the convience of the dalies.

Just wondering what brand I should be buying online, don't know what they are giving me in Specsavers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

look here
    https://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE/Buy.aspx
    in that list there is a load of specsavers lenses
    try those for a month

the packet should say the power and which one it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

donnaghc wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering what brand I should be buying online, don't know what they are giving me in Specsavers.

Thanks
    look here
    https://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE/Buy.aspx
    in that list there is a load of specsavers lenses
    try those for a month

the packet should say the power and which one it is

Also check here for a rebranded lenses guide if you can't find what you're after in ednwireland's link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Just placed an order w/ daysoft, 1 month @ 15quid. I don't wear them everyday, usually when I go out or at the weekends. I wonder where they get sent from?

Just placed an order w/ daysoft, 1 month @ 15quid. I don't wear them everyday, usually when I go out or at the weekends. I wonder where they get sent from?

Jersey, Channel Islands.

Squiggle wrote: »
    Jersey, Channel Islands.
    Yes I just saw that after I posted actually, was there once, nice place.
    Just got another email saying it's being despatched ... they're fast! Now with te UK postal strike, I wonder how long it will take to get here.
    So far so good anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I tried on 3 different pairs in the opticians and the only ones that fit were
    "1 Day Acuvue TruEye" and they cost €70 for a 30 day supply

Should i stick with them or go to a diff opticians and try other lenses?

I tried on 3 different pairs in the opticians and the only ones that fit were
    "1 Day Acuvue TruEye" and they cost €70 for a 30 day supply

Should i stick with them or go to a diff opticians and try other lenses?

Try daysoft and see how you get on - their uni-fit design covers the full range of normal corneas. Alternatively price those 1 Day Acuvue with yourlenses - looks to me like a 30 day supply costs €44.8 delivered and a 90 day supply costs €108.8 delivered. BTW I buy from them without any problems.

• Advertisement

Just received my daysoft supply today in the mail box. Took less than a week to get them delivered ( ordered last thursday on Oct 29th ). I am impressed so far. I will try them tomorrow morning and tell you guys what I think.

Try daysoft and see how you get on - their uni-fit design covers the full range of normal corneas. Alternatively price those 1 Day Acuvue with yourlenses - looks to me like a 30 day supply costs €44.8 delivered and a 90 day supply costs €108.8 delivered. BTW I buy from them without any problems.

I looked at daysoft but they don't have acuvue trueye in their list

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hi just in response the Acuvue TruEye are a silicone hydrogel material which allows more oxygen to the cornea and they dont dry out as much as standard lenses.
    As far as I am aware the daysoft lenses are all hydrogel lenses (an older material) and thus are not as healthy for the eye. The TruEye allow a longer wearing time without compromising the health of the cornea

Just received my daysoft supply today in the mail box. Took less than a week to get them delivered ( ordered last thursday on Oct 29th ). I am impressed so far. I will try them tomorrow morning and tell you guys what I think.

So I have been using the daysoft for 2 days and so far so good. I don't usually wear them in work at my computer ( even when i was wearing the acuvue moists, I find them 'foggy' ) but I used them cycling ( which is when I needs them the most i am -1/-1) in the dark and they are great. So ----> I recommend!

I looked at daysoft but they don't have acuvue trueye in their list

Sorry I missed the "trueye" bit in your post. Daysoft do say to e mail them if the lens you use is not on their drop down list so they can advise you as to which of their lenses, if any , they recommend. Also have a look at opticalexpress for Acuvue trueye prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

After ordering 90 pairs of focus dailies off the getlenses.ie crowd.

€75 quid versus €100-10 in vision express.

however, they only hit me with the killer disclaimer in the confirmation e-mail which I thought was a bit sly.
    Important information for Irish Customers!
    Due to recent changes in the legislation governing the supply of contact lenses in Ireland, opticians will no longer confirm your contact lens prescription directly with us.

Thus, you must obtain a signed copy of your contact lens prescription directly from your optician dated within the past 12 months. You can fax (on 1850 20 30 43) or scan a copy of this to us.

Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause but it is unfortunately beyond our control.
    Sent them on an e-mail there asking for the order to be canceled asap. I can see where they're coming from as they don't want some clown to take a chance on some contact lenses, destroy their eyes, and then chase after getlenses for compensation.

I just cba going into vision express in the morning to get down on my knees and beg for some special form.

any of the other sites allow you to purchase without needing confirmation from the optician? I've been the exact same prescription for 6/7 yrs now! Had an eye test in June and it was still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

The optician is obliged by law to give you your prescription so no need to beg.

Still looking for "1 day acuvue trueye"

75 for a months supply in optician
    60 online

Anyone able to find any better prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

My son got daysoft monthly lens and he said they are the most comfortable lens he has ever worn. Over the years I have been buying lens online for him ( he is a student ! ) and have usually bought the more expensive ones as nervous about stuff about eyes and sight etc. However on the strength of rec by boards posts bought the Daysoft recently for him . He will def be continuing with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 donnaghc

Just want to say, I also ordered the daysoft lenses, can't get over how much more comfomtable they are, no drying. I forget they are in my eyes!

• Advertisement

Daysoft needs to start doing trueye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

i bought lenses a few months ( daysoft 58) from https://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com..
    I found them a bit more tricky to insert into the eye than the specsaver lenses. They are slightly heavier and kept falling off my finger before i could reach the eye if that makes sense. Has anyone else noticed this and did you find any lighter alternatives?

Has anyone purchased form Opticalinstitute based in Portugal? They have very competitive prices ( the best I can find ) for Air Optix Aqua which I will be buying from now on as Ciba Vision are ceasing production of Air Optix. Everything seems to check out about this site but I would like to hear about any dealings anyone on here has had with them before I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EssGee

Has anyone purchased form Opticalinstitute based in Portugal? They have very competitive prices ( the best I can find ) for Air Optix Aqua which I will be buying from now on as Ciba Vision are ceasing production of Air Optix. Everything seems to check out about this site but I would like to hear about any dealings anyone on here has had with them before I buy.

They will charge about 6 euro extra for postage if you pay with a credit card or PayPal (3 euro if you pay by bank transfer!).

I have just ordered 2 boxes of Air Optix Aqua from them - cost me 63 euro for 12 monthly lenses, including shipping - marginally cheaper than GetLenses and others and you don't have the hassle of sending them a confirmed prescription.

Looks kosher so far, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

they are grand... order recieved within 2 weeks.. perfect product

EssGee wrote: »
    They will charge about 6 euro extra for postage if you pay with a credit card or PayPal (3 euro if you pay by bank transfer!).

I have just ordered 2 boxes of Air Optix Aqua from them - cost me 63 euro for 12 monthly lenses, including shipping - marginally cheaper than GetLenses and others and you don't have the hassle of sending them a confirmed prescription.

Looks kosher so far, fingers crossed.

2 boxes is six months supply but at €63 that is still the cheapest I can find for Air Optix Aqua ! That aside maybe you could report back here if you have any problems with delivery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EssGee

2 boxes is six months supply but at €63 that is still the cheapest I can find for Air Optix Aqua ! That aside maybe you could report back here if you have any problems with delivery etc.

Lenses received this morning - less than a week from ordering. Genuine article as far I can tell. Absolutely no hassles in the transaction and couldn't find a better deal. I will be dealing with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Wow. This thread has come on hugely since April last year.

Just to report that I'm using those Daysoft daily disposable contact lenses from the Channel Islands ever since they were recommended here and I've had no problems with them. I'd have no hesitation in recommending them. I still cannot believe they are so much cheaper than the lenses I was getting from the US, never mind any lenses I could have got in Ireland.

Thanks again to people for all their money-saving suggestions and reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I'm sure this has been covered in previous posts but here is what I am looking for:

I want to buy 1 or 2 boxes of 1 day Acuvue - I know the prescription from the side of the box but I don't have an optician's prescription.

Where can I buy these lenses on-line without opticians prescription - I know my current lenses are fine.

Many thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

I order from daysoftlenses.com and they don't request a prescription. ( I use the same ones as you Acuvue 1 day moist )

Some other places I have ordered from before just called your Optician to confirm you have a valid prescription.

Advertisement