Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Married at First Sight Australia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

mojesius wrote: »
    Felt a bit sorry for Ning but she was her own worst enemy. She treated Mark like crap most of the time over-analysed everything and his head was visibly wrecked by the end of it! Nice fella too

Felt sorry for Ning too, but, as you said she was her own worst enemy. Mark's a decent fella.
    Delighted Mike and Heidi stayed together (although they've probably broken up already!). Really thought Mike was going to end things, probably my favourite couple, didn't think I'd like Mike at the start as he came across as too full of himself, but, he seems like a decent guy, Heidi is lovely too, but, overthinks things a little too much and almost self sabotaged the relationship.

Was disappointed in tonight's final show, a lot of couples didn't get to talk or at least weren't shown, would have liked to have seen Mark and Ning talk a little bit, especially as they almost got to the end.

I thought they really went out of their way to do a number on Sam, really painted him in a bad light and played up the toxic masculinity card, not condoning his behaviour, but, Elizabeth is a real drama Queen and loves playing the victim and Ines with her crocodile tears, obviously knew by sticking the boot into Sam she'd get some sympathy which she did, even Bronson, the fool, felt sorry for her and blamed Sam completely, at least Mike had the balls to call them out on their BS; Sam wasn't all to blame and he really did dodge a bullet with those two.

In comparison Jessika got off fairly lightly despite her behaviour being much worse than Sam's, although it looked at the end as if Dan was going to finish with her, which she deserves. Even Nic got a hard time despite turning down Jessika! Martha also got away scott free, despite being a real trouble maker throughout.

It's interesting that bad behaviour by the women was generally just brushed aside, but, any bad behaviour by the men was really highlighted and a focus put on it throughout the series. Most of the guys came across as fairly easy going and decent, but, there was 4/5 of the women who came across as fairly devious or slightly unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sam comes across as very dishonest on his social media and in interviews. He seems to contradict himself a lot, and just seems like a piece of work generally.
    For example, he "revealed" a lot of stuff about the show. One thing he said was, nobody applies to be on it: the producers scout people in person and especially on instagram. In the next breath he says he himself applied to be on the show!
    He said the producers randomly made him say that line about Elizabeth being a lot bigger than his previous girlfriends, which didn't really ring true for me. He has said that (the producers forced me to say it) about various things he said that didn't go down well with viewers of the show!
    His reason for not showing up to the reunion filming was that his then girlfriend allegedly threatened to slit her wrists if he attended: he said this openly on his instagram, which seems quite inconsiderate!
    I don't know, I think a lot of what he says doesn't add up. Ines and Elizabeth are no angels I'm sure but I felt sorry for them last night and tonight - more so for Elizabeth tbh but Ines seemed to show some bit of empathy and remorse and regret. Both women claim to have had serious physical and mental health issues as a result of Sam/ the show/ viewer reactions.
    It's a funny old show: very absorbing but at the end of the day it's a bunch of fame-hungry wannabe influencers playing out scenes for the cameras. I won't watch another series... or not anytime soon anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have to agree about the brushing away the bad behaviour by women and blowing up the men's but Sam was a piece of work. Elisabeth was crazy but he had a fantasy version of himself being great guy and was really low the way he spoke about her. Ines was still a psychopath, realised quickly that she could get some sympathy points too.
    I think Martha got off scott free, would have liked to see her squirm a bit. Surprised to see Michael and her are still a couple. Maybe she has grown up a bit.
    I enjoyed seeing the realisation dawn on Dan, and jessika's face was hilarious!

I have never watched a show like this before and was hooked to the drama, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch it again. Some thing didn’t sit right with me watching people being manipulated and calling it an ‘experiment' doesn’t make it right. Still addictive viewing though.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sam comes across as very dishonest on his social media and in interviews. He seems to contradict himself a lot, and just seems like a piece of work generally.
    For example, he "revealed" a lot of stuff about the show. One thing he said was, nobody applies to be on it: the producers scout people in person and especially on instagram. In the next breath he says he himself applied to be on the show!
    He said the producers randomly made him say that line about Elizabeth being a lot bigger than his previous girlfriends, which didn't really ring true for me. He has said that (the producers forced me to say it) about various things he said that didn't go down well with viewers of the show!
    His reason for not showing up to the reunion filming was that his then girlfriend allegedly threatened to slit her wrists if he attended: he said this openly on his instagram, which seems quite inconsiderate!
    I don't know, I think a lot of what he says doesn't add up. Ines and Elizabeth are no angels I'm sure but I felt sorry for them last night and tonight - more so for Elizabeth tbh but Ines seemed to show some bit of empathy and remorse and regret. Both women claim to have had serious physical and mental health issues as a result of Sam/ the show/ viewer reactions.
    It's a funny old show: very absorbing but at the end of the day it's a bunch of fame-hungry wannabe influencers playing out scenes for the cameras. I won't watch another series... or not anytime soon anyway!

I'm not condoning Sam's behaviour at all, it just came across to me that the show went out of it's way to make him look even worse than he was, especially as he wasn't there to defend himself, I'd say Elizabeth did feel genuinely hurt, but, she's also a drama Queen who loves playing the victim, her speech about women's body image was obviously something she was told to say as she herself and a lot of the brides had commented a lot on the guys bodies throughout the show, so double standards. Ines in my opinion was all an act, at certain times you could see her looking around the room to see what reaction she was getting, she also lied about certain things. She previously stated she didn't care about anyone else on the show or regretted anything she did despite her treatment of Bronson being absolutely deplorable, so, I find it difficult to swallow what I saw last night, don't think she was genuine at all and wouldn't believe a word out of her mouth.

There's an element of double standards in the show with the way the men and women were treated or viewed throughout the whole series; they seem very willing to condone, excuse or forgive any bad behaviour by the women, but, tended to blow up and come down hard on any indiscretion by the men, even in instances where they are provoked.

It's just my opinion that the behaviour of some of the women was as bad or worse than Sam, yet they were never really pulled up on it. I wonder was Sam forced to come back onto the show when he left initially after the first night, he probably knew it wasn't going to work at that stage so just left, never did find out if his story about going to the ex girlfriend's mother's funeral was actually true.

• Advertisement

Oh I read something about that too: Sam claimed that he came back promptly after the funeral but the producers put him up in a hotel across Sydney and didn't let him leave until the night of the dinner party, I think he said he spent 4 days/nights waiting to be let back across town to his new wife ��
    He claimed to be all on for trying to make things work etc, but then in other interviews and insta rants he says he never found her attractive and was scared of her from day 1 and all sorts.
    I'd well believe lots of the drama was stirred up, but I find it harder to believe Sam's version of events which seems to be that entire storylines were dictated by the production team based on nothing at all.
    Another interesting thing they all seem to agree on is that Bronson knew about Ines and Sam from day 1: Sam filled him in on what they were planning and he said he was fine with it as there was no future for him and Ines. Supposedly Ines had no idea that Bronson knew.
    Mick apparently knew about Jess and Dan too. If that's true, then he's a good actor because his reaction was very convincing!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh I read something about that too: Sam claimed that he came back promptly after the funeral but the producers put him up in a hotel across Sydney and didn't let him leave until the night of the dinner party, I think he said he spent 4 days/nights waiting to be let back across town to his new wife ��
    He claimed to be all on for trying to make things work etc, but then in other interviews and insta rants he says he never found her attractive and was scared of her from day 1 and all sorts.
    I'd well believe lots of the drama was stirred up, but I find it harder to believe Sam's version of events which seems to be that entire storylines were dictated by the production team based on nothing at all.
    Another interesting thing they all seem to agree on is that Bronson knew about Ines and Sam from day 1: Sam filled him in on what they were planning and he said he was fine with it as there was no future for him and Ines. Supposedly Ines had no idea that Bronson knew.
    Mick apparently knew about Jess and Dan too. If that's true, then he's a good actor because his reaction was very convincing!

I definitely think some couples were placed there to drive certain storylines, there were some genuine couples too of course, but, I always felt that Sam, Elizabeth, Ines and Bronson were fake couples from the start, just playing a part really until the other couples got to know each other and began to emerge to take their place.
    Like all reality TV shows we only get to see what the producers want and they can make anyone look good or bad with clever editing and taking comments out of context. All shows like this need a kinda villain and the show clearly put Sam in that role, especially last night, he may well have signed up knowing that was his role.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

I would have liked to have seen more of the couples in the reunion show. It would have been nice to have heard from Ning and Mark, especially after their flirting at the dinner party.
    And I was looking forward to seeing the reactions of the others to Billy and Susie's relationship. She needed to see that she did speak to him like a child but on the other hand he was still hung up on her. Would have been interesting to see.

Ning and Mark apparently "finally" got it on one of the nights of the reunions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Felt sorry for Ning too, but, as you said she was her own worst enemy. Mark's a decent fella.
    Delighted Mike and Heidi stayed together (although they've probably broken up already!). Really thought Mike was going to end things, probably my favourite couple, didn't think I'd like Mike at the start as he came across as too full of himself, but, he seems like a decent guy, Heidi is lovely too, but, overthinks things a little too much and almost self sabotaged the relationship.

Sadly Mike and Heidi broke up after the show.

https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/tv-movies/married-at-first-sight/australia-mike-gunner-new-girlfriend-heidi-latcham/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sugarman20

What will we watch now?

Storm 10 wrote: »

I think that was pretty obvious it was going to happen and not a bit surprised, it was really heartbreaking watching them on the reunion show, I was hoping against hope that they would reconcile, you could see they really cared deeply for each other but, a case of two people not being able to live with each other.
    Mike really fell for Heidi, but, sadly I read that Heidi no longer responds to Mike, she just ghosts him.

Just found out there's a grand reunion show which was filmed in Dec 2020, so that should show how everything turned out for everyone, hopefully we get to see it!

I read that Mike told Heidi he didn't love her and had felt pressured into saying he did at their final vows ceremony. That must have been hard to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I reck Mike thought he loved her, but actually didn't. Tbh it's only himself he loves. Never warmed to him, on the honeymoon I was sure it was over when he said to her I'm not your therapist... That was horrible. She was being vulnerable. Showing her real self. That was enough for me, and I think that really threw Heidi off, but she didn't want to admit it. I do think she loved him, was too scared but knew deep down inside he wasn't what she really wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,347 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Mike isn't the first Reality TV contestant to get swept up in the moment and declare his love for someone and he most certainly won't be the last. It's what these shows aim to do, the combination of an extended period in an abnormal bubble combined with producer influence leads to moments like those.

My feelings on Mike echo the above post and I think his relatively positive edit throughout the show debunk the 'men = ****, women = great' edit theories in some of the recent posts. Some of his behaviour was atrocious throughout the season but it was somewhat glossed over within the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭pooch90

Season 4 is definitely worth a watch. Lot less awful fame hungry contestants!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Mike isn't the first Reality TV contestant to get swept up in the moment and declare his love for someone and he most certainly won't be the last. It's what these shows aim to do, the combination of an extended period in an abnormal bubble combined with producer influence leads to moments like those.

My feelings on Mike echo the above post and I think his relatively positive edit throughout the show debunk the 'men = ****, women = great' edit theories in some of the recent posts. Some of his behaviour was atrocious throughout the season but it was somewhat glossed over within the show.

Like when he stuck up for Sam!! Heidi had her answer there, she dogged a bullet.

I always felt that Mike really fancied Jess . I also totally believed Jess when she said that Mike had told her he didn't think himself and Heidi were compatible.

I never liked Martha, sneaky and two faced ,she should have been interviewed on the last night and clips of her egging Jess on should have been shown to the group.

Ines put on some show on the last night, fakest crocodile tears I've ever seen, she deserved an Oscar, seems like a really awful person.

Dan is an absolute wimp, not good looking imo, couldn't stand him.

I loved Cyrell, she was right about everyone imo, I absolutely loved when she told Martha what she thought of her at the end. I loved Nick also.

I really miss the show.☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Started series 9 last night.

I love to hate this show.

They’re all finding everything ‘confronting’ this season.

I'm watching on the OZ timeline and final vows have been done. Waiting for the reunion dinner party and experts on Sunday and Monday.

It's the best season so far I think. Some awful bitches in it! It lags a bit in the middle but stick with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sugarman20

I was hooked this season and can't wait for the reunion. Olivia is something else. God speed Jackson!

Intriguing! Will stay tuned.

Watching it on E4 and have to say Olivia went from someone who seemed to be a nice person (but a bit fake) to an absolute bitch, really showing her true colours, God help Jackson if he stays with her. Katalina is a complete c***, doesn't give a crap about anyone, but, herself and her romance with Daniel looks really staged and fake, Daniel comes across as a real slime ball after putting on a nice guy act before he "left". Domenica is annoying and a bit of a bitch too, but, at least she seems pretty genuine.

The lads seem to be fairly ok, but, some of the women are very self centred and head wreckers

Watched reunion dinner party last night and it looks like experts are gearing up to rip them to bits on the couch tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Following with E4, Olivia is a dope, It's nuts the type of person she is, holds grudges for years, and the comments!! I'd have legged it

Daniel although a personality of a door could have come out of this the best, his bride Jennifer was a psycho and everyone felt sorry for him, now he is being a dirt bird and totally ruined it for himself... .I wonder what his niece thinks now 🙄

Dominica isn't too bad, yes she s a mouth but its what everyone is thinking, fair play to Jack, he supports her brilliant.

I get your man Matt is full on but god, your one Kate never smiles, I would have left after the first meal, that would drain you

AL is an utter empty head.... I thought on his introduction he said he owned properties but the chap hasn't an ounce of common sense.

Elle and Mitch seem genuine, my first impression was they might be full of themselves but total opposite, she presents herself really well and I understand where he is coming from with the cameras. You think you can handle it until they are filming you as much as taking a shite

I just can’t get past his eyebrows.

Would agree with you there. I think Daniel is a strange individual, something off about him, might even go some way in explaining why his bride Jennifer acted the way she did, probably got a weird vibe off him. He definitely played up the nice guy act going on endlessly about his niece.

Definitely something off about him from the start and there still is, going on so much about his niece was beyond weird imo, the carry on now is just for show, Carolina and himself wouldn't have lasted a week if they were matched originally, I'm beginning to think these are all set ups at this stage, same story on every Season, also Carolina was never going to get with her match, he's probably a nice guy but should have been matched with a totally different type of woman.

I knew Olivia's mask would slip, she's worse than a toddler, I'd say people that know her irl could tell a story or two about her, the incident with the bridesmaid dress was off the wall, she's definitely a dose ,only good thing I can say about her is that she challenged Dom, another dose imo.

There are definitely some match-ups that are made to bring drama and were never going to work. The Carolina , Daniel affair is definitely staged, I think both are fame hungry and trying to build their brand. I wouldn't be surprised if her husband was asked to stay on an extra week so the Caralina, Daniel affair could play out, because there's no way anyone would stay voluntarily if treated the way Catalina treated him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have been watching this too on E4 pace and my god Oliviia must be one of the biggest weapons ever seen on realty tv. Was surprised she didnt get kicked off the show over the photo thing, that could bring the cops to your door in the UK. Jackson is worse for still being with her despite the numerous red flags at this stage. I dont mind Dom too much, at least she is genuine. Daniel and Carolina are welcome to each other, pretty obvious its just a short term relationship between them to get Insta likes. ts hard to beleive Carolina has a 16 year old son, he is going to be morto watching his mother on this.

Advertisement