Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    The thoughts of Christmas being messed up every year :eek: not sure how I'd feel about that TBH. 2020 as a 1 off was bearable, repeated? No ta!

Was looking through the pictures on my phone the other day and came across some from Santa visit 2019. It hit me that it was probably the thing i missed the most last year. Seeing the look on the kids faces getting to see Santa, sit on his knee, the sense of wonder and excitement.

The thought of missing that again this year would be tough pill to swallow!

PaulT21 wrote: »
    :D The cheerfulness seems to have gone today :D
    I’m a day closer to death.

Sorry guys, I did thing of the thread title after my post and meant to come back and edit it to apologise.

Will back on the positive vibes from now on :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Moved a few posts out of the 'cheerful' thread to this one, so everyone can feel free to be as miserable as they want. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

:D:D:D Nice one Posy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Moved a few posts out of the 'cheerful' thread to this one, so everyone can feel free to be as miserable as they want. :pac:

Thats fair enough Posy. Sometimes when posting in so many threads in here its easy to forget the principle subject of the thread in the first place.

Doom & death here, grand stretch & vaccinations in t'other one ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Exactly, swings and roundabouts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭appledrop

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was looking through the pictures on my phone the other day and came across some from Santa visit 2019. It hit me that it was probably the thing i missed the most last year. Seeing the look on the kids faces getting to see Santa, sit on his knee, the sense of wonder and excitement.

The thought of missing that again this year would be tough pill to swallow!

We did social distance drive thru this year in Palmerstown House.

Of course it can't compare to the real thing but at least it was something!

My son was only talking about it today because he found the light up toy he bought + remembered ' throwing Santa a hug from car'

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

appledrop wrote: »
    We did social distance drive thru this year in Palmerstown House.

Of course it can't compare to the real thing but at least it was something!

My son was only talking about it today because he found the light up toy he bought + remembered ' throwing Santa a hug from car'

Please God (or your Deity) that the words "Social Distance" will soon be a bad but distant memory, and that this coming Christmas, we will get to do the things we love with our families and friends:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy March everybody and We're into the 290's!

16938905_10154410771607965_2704425059746998644_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=vmX20OR30ZEAX9rTwsD&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d50fe8379120e578dee7082b2a0e1079&oe=60621BD3

One bank holiday a month now for the next four months. :)

March will also include St Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, and Waffle Day. :D

It will also include a trip to the groomers for my dog, where I will try my best not to cry with jealousy.

• Advertisement

It will also include a trip to the groomers for my dog, where I will try my best not to cry with jealousy.

Would they do two for the price of one?? :D

Was it something I said....

giphy.gif

It does seem weirdly quiet in here. I know the post count drops off early in the year anyway, suspect it just seems quieter still because of the huge volume of posts in Jan & Feb this year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just checked there and there was posts last Thursday (the 24th) and then nothing on here for 4 full days till this morning.
    Must be a record for this thread :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just checked there and there was posts last Thursday (the 24th) and then nothing on here for 4 full days till this morning.
    Must be a record for this thread :)

I blame the sunny weather.... people barely think of Christmas in the sun!

That and work for me, we have a new project on the go which has resulted in 7am workshops for the past few weeks. I'm zoinked...

Loughc wrote: »
    I blame the sunny weather.... people barely think of Christmas in the sun!

That and work for me, we have a new project on the go which has resulted in 7am workshops for the past few weeks. I'm zoinked...

Yep, with the weather improving people are out and about more and less time in front of PC's, laptops, phones etc.

Assuming it wasn't you who picked the time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys! Hard to believe it's March already! Beautiful day today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep, with the weather improving people are out and about more and less time in front of PC's, laptops, phones etc.

Assuming it wasn't you who picked the time :eek:

Nope, it wasn't :(

It's to factor in other time zones :(

Eeew, stupid time zones. :(

Found it very hard to get a bus home from work this evening, loads passing by full. And they are not full of essential workers, I'll tell you that. :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

2021%2BChristmas%2Bcard%2B.jpg

My first batch of Christmas cards arrived from Vistaprint this morning and best of all they cost me nothing as I received a full refund due to their late delivery. :)

Redpolls instead of Robins, but what the hell, just look at that snow! I don't normally order my cards this early but I wanted to see how well they turned out before I bought the original artwork on eBay. As things turned out I went ahead and bought the artwork anyway as I was afraid I might lose it - it's still in transit between the USA and Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Del.Monte wrote: »

My first batch of Christmas cards arrived from Vistaprint this morning and best of all they cost me nothing as I received a full refund due to their late delivery. :)

Redpolls instead of Robins, but what the hell, just look at that snow! I don't normally order my cards this early but I wanted to see how well they turned out before I bought the original artwork on eBay. As things turned out I went ahead and bought the artwork anyway as I was afraid I might lose it - it's still in transit between the USA and Ireland.

Beautiful painting, Del Monte !

Happy 'hump' day all :D

Have a good one.

Have a good one.

Tell you what, it's a chilly one! Up early for a site visit and it's baltic... already looking forward to getting back and a mug of coffee!

Tell you what, it's a chilly one! Up early for a site visit and it's baltic... already looking forward to getting back and a mug of coffee!

I'm two cups in already!!

Out in Bray, car says the outside temperature is 6 degrees, it feels more like there should be a minus before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yep, went out for my morning walk and it’s bitter. Enjoying a steaming mug of coffee now :D

Out in Bray, car says the outside temperature is 6 degrees, it feels more like there should be a minus before that.

Tell me about it. Just dropped the kids to school and said it was 5 outside.

The car temperature gauges must be well wrapped up!!

Have a good one.
    Why does this week already feel 6 days long?!

Morning all! It's 4 degrees here, and the weather app tells me the "real feel" temperature is 1. I haven't had my coffee yet, and I agree with Posy, this week has been so long. I can't believe it's only Wednesday!

• Advertisement

Why does this week already feel 6 days long?!

Opposite for me as been manic busy the last couple of days, including two hours in the dentist chair yesterday!

Advertisement