Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can’t get ECCE place

Options
  • 02-03-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    My daughter is currently in full time crèche but I’m pregnant and will be going on maternity leave in July. I’ve asked the crèche where my daughter is currently could she reduce to part time /ECCE hours but they won’t. They will only do full time care which financially wouldn’t be an option when I’m on maternity leave.
    Ive tried phoning around different providers but all the ECCE places are taken.
    Has anyone experienced this?
    Does an ECCE place have to be provided?

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

QRaq wrote: »
    Hi
    My daughter is currently in full time crèche but I’m pregnant and will be going on maternity leave in July. I’ve asked the crèche where my daughter is currently could she reduce to part time /ECCE hours but they won’t. They will only do full time care which financially wouldn’t be an option when I’m on maternity leave.
    Ive tried phoning around different providers but all the ECCE places are taken.
    Has anyone experienced this?
    Does an ECCE place have to be provided?

Any advice much appreciated!

I think you are meant to ring your local childcare committee?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Is she actually at ECCE age? And the creche will only take her for ECCE and full-time care and not just ECCE hours - is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 QRaq

shesty wrote: »
    Is she actually at ECCE age? And the creche will only take her for ECCE and full-time care and not just ECCE hours - is that it?

Ye she’s ECCE age. She currently in full time care but I was hoping to reduce her to the 3 hours only. The crèche only want full time people (more fees).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Several years ago we could not get a place, but asked to be kept informed - and later got offered two different places. Folks change around, and other folks have their names down everywhere...

The wait is nervous for you, but chase all of them - and ring once a week at least...

Advertisement