Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Error

• 20-02-2021 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi All

Have an old Aritech CS350 and it went off an hour ago came up with tamper panel error even after punching in the code it did not stop. Took off the panel cover checked the microswitch on the pcb realigned the spring that pushes on it and put the cover back on pumped in the code but didn't stop the alarm. Ended up arming the alarm and disarming it and it seemed to work although there was a couple of short bells from the external box after that. I don't have the engineer code and the company who installed gone out of business.
    Just wondering is there any of the fuses on the pcb worth checking?
    Also is there a drop in modern replacement that could use the existing wired sensors and what would you need to budget for such a system?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

Romero wrote: »
    Hi All

Have an old Aritech CS350 and it went off an hour ago came up with tamper panel error even after punching in the code it did not stop. Took off the panel cover checked the microswitch on the pcb realigned the spring that pushes on it and put the cover back on pumped in the code but didn't stop the alarm. Ended up arming the alarm and disarming it and it seemed to work although there was a couple of short bells from the external box after that. I don't have the engineer code and the company who installed gone out of business.
    Just wondering is there any of the fuses on the pcb worth checking?
    Also is there a drop in modern replacement that could use the existing wired sensors and what would you need to budget for such a system?

Thanks

Terminals 18 and 19 relate to this tamper loop also.
    Anything wired into that?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Romero

altor wrote: »
    Terminals 18 and 19 relate to this tamper loop also.
    Anything wired into that?

It seems to have settled down again I would say wind which was strong on Saturday might have upset the external bell box. I'll need to start budgeting a replacement in the next 12 months. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Romero

Ok has still being going off intermittently went off an hour ago so took the cover off and looked at terminals 18 and 19 and there is no wire at all in 18 and a red wire in 19. Tried running a wire between 18 and 19 that seemed to set off the internal bell and nothing on the control panel so quickly removed it. Again it's a pain that the installers didn't leave the engineer code. Any other ideas?
    Thanks

Romero wrote: »
    Ok has still being going off intermittently went off an hour ago so took the cover off and looked at terminals 18 and 19 and there is no wire at all in 18 and a red wire in 19. Tried running a wire between 18 and 19 that seemed to set off the internal bell and nothing on the control panel so quickly removed it. Again it's a pain that the installers didn't leave the engineer code. Any other ideas?
    Thanks

There should be a cable in 18 if one in 19.
    This is the Aux Tamper circuit.

Have you access to the bell itself as this may be corroded or the tamper has come loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Anyone know what "Call Alarm Co.54" on the CS350 means? I've googled it and cant find anything. It seems that most maintenance companies are only upgrading these systems now but I'd like to avoid doing that at the moment..

Thanks

• Advertisement

homer911 wrote: »
    Anyone know what "Call Alarm Co.54" on the CS350 means? I've googled it and cant find anything. It seems that most maintenance companies are only upgrading these systems now but I'd like to avoid doing that at the moment..

Thanks

Its an engineer reset code.
    Unfortunately we are not allowed help with codes on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

altor wrote: »
    Its an engineer reset code.
    Unfortunately we are not allowed help with codes on Boards.

In the end I got someone out to look at it, but all it needed was an Engineer's reset. Could have done that myself but was afraid I might wipe out too many settings. Anyway he tested everything while he was with me and everything else was fine

homer911 wrote: »
    In the end I got someone out to look at it, but all it needed was an Engineer's reset. Could have done that myself but was afraid I might wipe out too many settings. Anyway he tested everything while he was with me and everything else was fine

Thanks for the update.
    Yes that or else using the reset code would of done the same.

Glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭b318isp

I had intermittent issues - and it was down to the rechargable batteries in the external sounder. No specific fault code, but having replaced them the issue seems to have been sorted.

b318isp wrote: »
    I had intermittent issues - and it was down to the rechargable batteries in the external sounder. No specific fault code, but having replaced them the issue seems to have been sorted.

Once its sorted be happy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement