Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2011 UCC DENTISTRY Interviews and offers thread!!!

• 13-06-2011 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, anyone that has applied to UCC for dentistry 2011 entry who have had interviews and waiting to hear back, pls post on this! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lude

Hi,

I got into UCC Dentistry back in March 2011. I'm a Canadian mature student. Really looking forward to going to UCC but have no idea what to expect, especially with accomodations! Can anyone provide some tips and information? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 UCCDENT

did you really?! congrats! I only had my interview in May and still waiting to hear back from that.. So lucky that you heard so early in the process! maybe it is different for EU and non-EU mature students?

Thank you! Yes I believe the application process (and the timeline) is completely different for North American students vs EU vs Asian students. I applied as a mature Canadian student (with an undergrad degree) around November 2010, and heard back in March 2011.

My younger sister however, is a high school graduate residing in Asia, and she also had her interview recently in May like you. Just last week (early June), she also got accepted into UCC Dentistry.

I hope you will also hear back soon! Altho I'm not sure what the process is for an EU student.

Any other UCC Dent 2011 students here? Please introduce yourselves, it would be great to get to know some people before our term starts ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 UCCDENT

wow thats great!! congrats to you both! Im so nervous! the wait is agonizing! do you have any idea how many students they take altogether? I think they allocate 5 places for mature students, although im not sure if thats changed.

you can find info on accommodation through the following link!

http://www.ucc.ie/en/media/ug-student-information-booklet-08-09.pdf

all the best to you

• Advertisement

Are you an EU student? Where are you from?

I was told that the class size is roughly 40 something students. Was also told that "roughly a dozen" North American students get accepted every year (this is split btw Med/Dent, and also UCC/TCD)...so i suspect there wouldn't be many mature students at UCC Dent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ashiya

I'm waiting to hear back as well! I hope I get it ;w;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jdhayes93

hey im apllying to dentstry although i still have 2 recieve my lc results :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ashiya

Bump~
    Did any of you get offers today (mature)?
    I got the following message, not sure if that means a rejection or that they won't send offers til august :(

"There are no offers available to you at this time. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CharlieNelson

Hey i'll hopefully be going into 2nd year next year so if ye have any questions just ask! Charlie Nelson is not my real name by the way ha! Yeah there are currently about 6 mature students in the class and 5 canadians/Americans but trust me all of that makes NO difference....everybody mixes regardless of age/race! It's a great course for doing that and i find people get along really well...Chris is my name

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JamieDOC

Lude wrote: »
    Any other UCC Dent 2011 students here? Please introduce yourselves, it would be great to get to know some people before our term starts ! :D
    :)Yeah I'm one! I just accepted my offer for UCC Dentistry this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jamie-obraonain

UCCDENT wrote: »
    Hi, anyone that has applied to UCC for dentistry 2011 entry who have had interviews and waiting to hear back, pls post on this! :)
    Just accepted my offer this morning! Ucc dentistry here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elaine_858

Hi all,
    I know i'm a bit late to the party but i've just stumbled across this thread. s I have applied as a mature student to Dentistry in UCC. Just waiting now and hoping i'll be short listed for interview

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Advertisement