Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should you provide food to vendors?

• 02-02-2021 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi, what is best practice in regards providing food on day/night of wedding?

I'm providing a meal for the photographer but should I also provide something for the musicians, florist (who will set up and then move the arrangements to the reception) ?? What is expected/good manners here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Photographer, videographer (i.e. the people who have been working all day) got a meal at our wedding. The hotel accommodated them in the bar and took care of them there.

Florist did not, they just set up in the morning and went.

DJ did not, they looked after themselves on their travel up.

Musician did not, as they did not come to the reception and were paid for their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

I think we were the same, the photographer and her assistant got a meal at the bar, we were asked by hotel staff if that was ok, and we said yes.
    The cake and flowers delivered in the morning.
    The band I think just had whatever nibbles we were offering as evening refreshments too, but we weren't asked for meals for them.

Advertisement