Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Happy Christmas 2020

• 19-12-2020 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to wish all the oldies here a Very Happy and Healthy Christmas. But I don't know if there are any of us still hanging around. Our numbers seem to be silent, or dwindled. I'm not often silent, and I can't remember the last time I dwindled. So......who's here? And is it ok yet to mention the Azure Religious Lady? Or that beloved numbers game? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There seems to be between 4 and 6 of us. 4 on the quiz, NH, IZ, feargale and me. Then JB pops in sometimes and other odd ones occasionally. I'm honestly not sure how to change this situation.

Anyway your greetings are gladly received and returned Jellybaby, here's hoping for a safe Christmas and a New Year when things start to improve.

I think we have all had enough of this covid thing now. And its a bit too easy to get used to being cocooned and locked down and not seeing people. I think a lot of especially older people and vulnerable people are going to find it difficult enough to venture out again when it is safe to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Yes Looksee, I'm fed up of it all too but I'll keep on going for as long as it takes. The high numbers at present are beyond a joke now and hard to take when I know so many who are isolating because they are vulnerable and its too risky to take any chances, for any age group really. Well, no matter how few of us there are left, take care all and let's march into 2021 with some hope now as the vaccination gets rolled out, tweaks and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Here is me 'waving....' :)

Shortest day and turn in year, time to look out for spring flowers emerging.
    I sure will miss my winter sun holiday, always happy to stay home with garden etc for summer but love a getaway in January.

We have had a decent year really so cant complain, just one wedding missed and one relative's funeral ( non covid). Oh and could not attend mother's 100th birthday....

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Socially distanced wave returned Garlinge! We attended four funerals. It was awful not being able to join the families or even shake a hand or convey sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

We've just had the Mummers around. They were visiting an elderly neighbour. Music and dancing at the Cross.
    Put a smile on everyone's faces.

A group of musicians and dancers are doing this tradition in Co. Leitrim. Absolutely lovely.

Happy Christmas to all

• Advertisement
Advertisement