Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funding options/advice

• 04-05-2020 1:15pm

Hi all, I am a social care worker, extremely keen to do the masters in social work. The fees though are astronomical, at €18,000 per year.

I checked using the SUSI eligibility tool and taking into account my base salary and because I'm applying as an independent, I am eligible for funding.

However, I also receive premiums on top of my base for nights and weekends so I'm wondering will this be taken into account? I'd imagine so and if so, that brings me above the threshold so I won't be eligible.

The fees are insane but I am 100% certain that a career as a social worker is what I want to do, and I'm looking at all options to make it happen.

Does anyone know of any other funding options, or have any advice on this? I'm finding it all very confusing.

I don't know how people afford €18,000 a year on top of the cost of living outside of this. It's crazy.

Again, any input at all would be brilliant. Thanks.

Advertisement