Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does SUSI Give Grants For Studying In Uk?

• 09-06-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm doubtful that they do! I just want a bit of assurance :confused:

I'm planning on studying in Scotland and really need advise on getting a grant there and i don't see any grants that are available to Irish students?
    If that is true then i'd have to get a loan...

Please help with anyone having studied in the uk or scotland please !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Wanderlust91

They wont pay your fess but you might get some sort of assistance with living upon their evaluation of your application to them. Im not sure on Scotland but I had to get a Student Loan for England

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

They wont pay your fess but you might get some sort of assistance with living upon their evaluation of your application to them. Im not sure on Scotland but I had to get a Student Loan for England

Student loan for cost of living etc or to pay off the tuition fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Student loan for cost of living etc or to pay off the tuition fees?

They'll pay maintenance, up to about 600/mo means tested but you'll have to cough up to the students loan company in the UK after graduation. 9k GBP x 3 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Wanderlust91

ED E wrote: »
    They'll pay maintenance, up to about 600/mo means tested but you'll have to cough up to the students loan company in the UK after graduation. 9k GBP x 3 if I remember correctly.

Thats the one, 9k + at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

ED E wrote: »

Thats a maintenance loan not a grant right? Just for reassurance all english colleges are 48 academic weeks right depending on the course you're studying right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm currently studying in Scotland and qualify for a SUSI maintenance grant. It's not a huge amount, but it helps.
    Being an EU citizen studying in Scotland means your fees are waived, but you have to apply for that seperately through SAAS
    I'm not sure if it's the same as I was granted it pre brexit.
    Don't think they offer grants to non UK students.

Advertisement