Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

• 11-05-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Murt10

Heard on the radio today that the E10 vouchers will be in the Sunday World this week.

Maybe another paper as well, I didn't catch that part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Great stuff op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Gracelynn Sharp Colonel

Not worth buying the Sunday World for

^^^
    Oh here we go again...

Why not? The paper probably costs 2.50, throw it in bin, so you'll get 7.50 off, better than a kick in the nuts imo, and Tesco will take them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

vicwatson wrote: »
    ^^^
    Oh here we go again...

Why not? The paper probably costs 2.50, throw it in bin, so you'll get 7.50 off, better than a kick in the nuts imo, and Tesco will take them too.

Yes if I can get some nice special offers next week I plan on buying a couple of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Last time in Lidl I bought the paper and used voucher right away. Thanks OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The World is at least more honest as you know it's a rag rather than pretending to be a decent paper like the sindo does. Its also cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

L1011 wrote: »
    The World is at least more honest as you know it's a rag rather than pretending to be a decent paper like the sindo does. Its also cheaper.

How much exactly does it cost, where is the cheapest place to buy it? Let's get this bargain moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

How much exactly does it cost, where is the cheapest place to buy it? Let's get this bargain moving!

It's €2.45, I'm pretty sure that's RRP everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Good a reason as any to indulge in some tabloid on sunday

How long are the vouchers valid for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Do tesco still honour these?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How long are the vouchers valid for?

Week generally
    Faith+1 wrote: »
    Do tesco still honour these?

Yes

There's also a Clubcard run soon if people plan to stack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭FrasierCrane

Can you purchase alcohol with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

MrRight1 wrote: »
    Can you purchase alcohol with these?

Yes once total shop is over 50 you get 10 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭crayon80

North Cork boardsies, there's €10 off Supervalu in Fermoy with the Avondhu this week which you can use in Tesco. And the Avondhu is only €2.
    Perfect combo when you're from Mallow :D

https://www.facebook.com/TheAvondhu/photos/a.10150494869803185.423608.354453093184/10153339365823185/?type=1&theater

11054452_10153339365823185_8907579028252644393_n.png?oh=4c284a843789bf85a4c3fac7eae9c10a&oe=55CE4B72

I'm sure they'll find this offer in the "Lidl E10 vouchers" thread :rolleyes:, might be wise to start new thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€10 off €50 coupon in the SundayWorld & Sindo on 17/05

Be careful if using these on 6 bottles of wine in Tesco

For example Ogio is 8.50 per bottle on special

6 x 8.50 = 51.00

They still give you 5% off when buying 6 bottles so they reduce the 51.00 by 2.55 which means a net total of 48.55 which of course is not a 50.00 spend.

Caught me out before so I ended up grabbing a 7th bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

vicwatson wrote: »

For example Ogio is 8.50 per bottle on special

6 x 8.50 = 51.00

Ogio is only available at Tesco - at €8.50 it certainly is not a "special". NEVER believe supermarket wine "specials" They are mostly false and misleading.

Here's a report on it in the UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/nov/01/supermarket-wine-tesco-sainsburys-asda

6 bottles of Aldi's / Lidl's pinot grigio will cost less, they won't pretend you are getting half price, and it will probably taste better too

^^^^^^

You'll note the words "for example"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

^^^^
    He was just giving you a heads up after you said you'd been caught out before, either by this exact example or some other comparable special.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I have a few questions if someone could answer i'd be grgrateful. Can you use more than 1 voucher per shop? Can you combine with vouchers from other stores and clubcard vouchers? And can these be used for online shopping?

Thanks

piperh wrote: »
    Can you use more than 1 voucher per shop?

No. If you're breaching 2x the voucher price some cashiers will take two, some will make you split the shop instead.
    Can you combine with vouchers from other stores and clubcard vouchers?

other stores - no, they only take one per transaction, see above for the exception though
    Clubcard - yes. The till software also allows you to combine a Clubcard X off Y (6 off 40, etc) voucher with a competitor one but some cashiers won't do it - so use the self checkout as you can scan the Clubcard one yourself. I've not received any of these in months though

And can these be used for online shopping?

Unreliably, yes. Give the voucher to the driver and it should be refunded.

^^^^
    He was just giving you a heads up after you said you'd been caught out before, either by this exact example or some other comparable special.

The fact that I was caught out before indicates I won't be caught out again, just warning people, take it or leave it.

Bump,, its today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

If you are in a topaz garage and buy any tea or coffee you get a free Sunday world with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

vickers209 wrote: »
    If you are in a topaz garage and buy any tea or coffee you get a free Sunday world with it
    Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

snubbleste wrote: »
    Source?

I just bought coffee in topaz & got the paper free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

Same here advertised around the coffee area

• Advertisement

Local newsagent totally out of Worlds by half 5. Had the indo though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement