Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish family evicted and replaced by migrants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There’s a car speeding down the road from Sinn Fein Dublin HQ to give the councilor a whipping

That sure isn’t official policy and the party doesn’t tolerate dissent

Gladly to claim he was bullied out of the party and go independent in 2019 in 3 2 1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No one from outside this country should be given a house until every Irish homeless person is housed.

Meh there's a certain crowd who will always turn it down unless there's stables and a Beverley Hills style swimming pool attached.
    Much prefer to give the houses to those who won't abuse or mock the privilege in truth, regardless of nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

No one from outside this country should be given a house until every Irish homeless person is housed.

No one?

Even foreign nurses, doctors, service industry workers etc?

Until every sponger who wants a free house gets one we should kick out all these people providing vital services?

Achh I do wonder the IQ of some in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

aido79 wrote: »
    This thread has gone the way I was afraid it would. I just wanted to know if there was any truth behind it as I have seen it a few times on Facebook.
    A lot of the comments show that people have misunderstood my reason for posting and turned the thread into a bit of a car crash(including a poster who is responsible for trying to stop threads going this way)

I realise it's afterhours but if posters can't stay civil and on topic I would suggest that the thread be closed.

IMO you knew exactly what you were doing posting it here.
    Why didn’t you post it in the housing/accommodation forum, or even the relevant regional forum?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd rather live beside a foreigner who works hard and is no trouble than some of the Irish

I know where you're coming from but I work with homeless people and for some, their own behaviour is why they are in this position. You don't want them as your neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The future is here and soon enough thanks to advances in AI, robots will replace the migrants. :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

IMO you knew exactly what you were doing posting it here.
    Why didn’t you post it in the housing/accommodation forum, or even the relevant regional forum?

I actually was going to post in the accommodation forum but changed my mind just before posting.
    I wasn't expecting the type of response it has received here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Is it Bagnelstown or Muine Bheag? That’s what I want to know :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

absolutely nothing about this story to be found online from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sightband wrote:

Msm only prints fake news, social media speaks the truth, always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

House all the homeless Irish people first??? Including all the junkies who will turn their free house into drug dens?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sure you have to house the migrants or you are racist.
    It doesn't matter how much the Irish born white man is suffering you can get away with ****ing him over as long as you are treating the migrants well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I actually was going to post in the accommodation forum but changed my mind just before posting.

Yes you were.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

While I can see the merits to the argument of "looking after our own first" I think if the borders were closed tomorrow and everyone not born within the state was turfed out of the country the more vocal proponents of that particular cliche would suddenly lose interest in the homeless they care so much about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Sure everyone's a 'bigot' nowadays

Away from AH, most people are perfectly decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Imagine if that stupidity was applied to Irish people who have moved to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

eagle eye wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how much the Irish born white man is suffering you can get away with ****ing him over as long as you are treating the migrants well.

How have you (I'm presuming you're an Irish born white man) been ****ed over in favour of a migrant this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I just want to know if the story is actually true. That's all...no more or no less.
    No need for such an insulting comment.

A moderator, of all people, should not put up stuff like this without verifying its authenticity. Disgraceful.

Collie D wrote:
    How have you (I'm presuming you're an Irish born white man) been ****ed over in favour of a migrant this week?

That's a bit personal isn't it, maybe they're into migrants

Slasher wrote:
    A moderator, of all people, should not put up stuff like this without verifying its authenticity. Disgraceful.

Mod ethics, on boards!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Facebook is a magnet for nutters of all denominations. I gave up on it long ago TBH.
    On a few subjects reactions have become well, more reactionary and polarised.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

sightband wrote: »

Typical liberal Irish media censorship! Or something

Wibbs wrote:
    Facebook is a magnet for nutters of all denominations. I gave up on it long ago TBH.

It's best still never to join it, it was clearly obvious from its conception, it was gonna become a pile of ****e, but I'd imagine there are benefits from being a member also

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Next up on After Hours, we'll be asking the important question, "Would you rather live beside a transgender traveller or a feminist immigrant? And how many homeless people should we move in with them?"

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

eagle eye wrote: »
    The Irish born white man? You do realise that there are many Irish born people who are not white or does that not tie in with your distorted world view?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This thread has gone the way I was afraid it would. I just wanted to know if there was any truth behind it as I have seen it a few times on Facebook.
    A lot of the comments show that people have misunderstood my reason for posting and turned the thread into a bit of a car crash(including a poster who is responsible for trying to stop threads going this way)

I realise it's afterhours but if posters can't stay civil and on topic I would suggest that the thread be closed.

Mod: You ain't the moderator here, boi. Not only have you managed to shoehorn two typically overdone AH topics (immigration and housing) into a thread that ended up being fake news, you open a silly thread that a simple google would have answered for you. When this happens, expect the piss to be taken out of you. It has happened to others, it has happened to me and now it's happening to you.

Slasher wrote: »

I googled it, couldn't find anything about it and decided to ask on here if it was for real or not. I thought someone might know some local information on it and if there was any truth to it. I really don't see what the problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Isn’t the question whether people are being given a house not renting on the open market.

Although the original story is fairly nonsensical.

Mod: You ain't the moderator here, boi. Not only have you managed to shoehorn two typically overdone AH topics (immigration and housing) into a thread that ended up being fake news, you open a silly thread that a simple google would have answered for you. When this happens, expect the piss to be taken out of you. It has happened to others, it has happened to me and now it's happening to you.

I'm not a regular poster on AH so lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

These stories are made up by racists.

A black woman couldn't get on the bus this morning with her child's buggy so just left it at the bus stop and proclaimed loudly "I'll get another one from the social"

Was in the social this morning and an Irish woman with 4 kids was crying at the counter as she had just been made homeless. A foreign family came in, still with the airport tags on their bags, and were told there's a house available for them and taxis were ordered to take them there now.

Extra line added to that one is a staff member then told a randomer that they get paid by the EU to house immigrants.

dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-just-because-11793910.png

Advertisement