Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature entry physiotherapy.

Options
  • 14-10-2018 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any other members of the site who've returned to full time education to study physiotherapy or similar? I've been considering pursuing a full time degree in the area for some time and flirted with the idea of studying physical therapy and sports therapy as an avenue to becoming a qualified physiotherapy but on researching same, I'm not convinced that they'll allow me to do so.

From reading online, I gather that I need to submit my 2019 application soon. I would imagine that studying at an NUI would be best in terms of future career prospects and given that I've studied up to research Masters level, at an NUI, in another field, am I correct in saying that I would be subject to full course fees? Finally, does anyone know of any organisations I could volunteer in or become a member of which would help me succeed in getting a place on a degree level course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 westhamx

Berserker wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are any other members of the site who've returned to full time education to study physiotherapy or similar? I've been considering pursuing a full time degree in the area for some time and flirted with the idea of studying physical therapy and sports therapy as an avenue to becoming a qualified physiotherapy but on researching same, I'm not convinced that they'll allow me to do so.

From reading online, I gather that I need to submit my 2019 application soon. I would imagine that studying at an NUI would be best in terms of future career prospects and given that I've studied up to research Masters level, at an NUI, in another field, am I correct in saying that I would be subject to full course fees? Finally, does anyone know of any organisations I could volunteer in or become a member of which would help me succeed in getting a place on a degree level course.

Hi. Thinking of following the same path. Do you know which colleges are best to research these courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

westhamx wrote: »
    Hi. Thinking of following the same path. Do you know which colleges are best to research these courses?

I'm going to start by hitting the open days that are coming up over the next few months and speaking to the department and mature student representatives that are present. Hoping they'll give me some guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

UL, UCD, Cork University and RCSI all offer accelerated graduate entry Physiotherapy courses. All 2 years, with the exception of RCSI which is 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

laura1990 wrote: »
    UL, UCD, Cork University and RCSI all offer accelerated graduate entry Physiotherapy courses. All 2 years, with the exception of RCSI which is 3.

They have places on their four year degrees for mature entry also. Closing date for applications via the CAO is Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

Berserker wrote: »
    They have places on their four year degrees for mature entry also. Closing date for applications via the CAO is Friday.

Plenty of options :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

laura1990 wrote: »
    Plenty of options :)

Did you all apply before the deadline? I’ve applied for RCSI, trinity and UCD for physio

And I applied to DCU, Carlow and Athlone for athletic rehabilitation but these are back ups I’m hoping I will get in either in the UK through my ucas application or in the three above, because I don’t feel like doing two degrees at 31 years of age lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 am27

Hey, just wondering did anyone else do the MSAP for Physiotherapy this year? Can't seem to find any info on what kind of score/percentile got someone a place in previous years. Hard to know what kind of score is good enough 🀔.

Advertisement