Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would a small group (syndicate) play Lotto 5-4-3-2-1?

• 29-09-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Is it possible to order a high number of plays at a time eg 40-50.

Does this mean a player has to fill in 40 slips and the shopkeeper needs to scan them all?

Or is it possible to do it like a lotto quick pick where you say 40 lines and they print out in a few seconds?

I wanted to try lotto 5-4-3-2-1 as a small group of people (because odds are better than lotto afaik) but want to know if there's a fast way to do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Janiyah Bumpy Razor

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    (because odds are better than lotto afaik)

The odds of a prize may well be better than the regular lotto, but it may be worth considering an similar alternative lotto, that may offer overall better value.

E.g. In Lotto 5-4-3-2-1, pay €2 pick 5 balls/6 (1-47) win 250k
    In an alternative Lotto, pay 1.50, pick 5 balls/6 (1-50) win 1m.

Same for pick 4:
    Stake €2, aim for 4 correct from (1-47) win 12k^
    /Or stake 1.50 for 4 correct from (1-50) win 40k.

Thus for an extra 3 balls added, win 3 times more, and for less of a stake.

^Even using any bookie in the standard Ire 47 ball lotto you get 15k, not 12.
    Of course once you win, then give a percent to 'good causes'.

If you wanted to do a bulk purchase in shop, they can certainly do this via quick pick.
    If you want to that, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Are these alt lottos in places like PP, BS etc..?

I wouldn't know where to start tbh but the odds on lotto 5,4,3,2,1 I think is 70k:1 for 7 number game and 125k:1 for 6 number game.

There's also an issue with me not being 100% confident in signing up for a betting website for obvious reasons but if odds were great I could play with a small group.

Is there a particular game I should look into?

I played the Finland lotto which is 5mil:1 (half the irish lotto) and is 50c per line but I won feck all on it anyway, although I didn't spend much over time.

At that cost €300 = 600 lines so 5,000,000/600 would be about 8,000:1 chance of jackpot. Whereas Irish lotto €300 is 10,000,000/150 lines = 66k:1 odds for jackpot.

Another one I was thinking of trying is dailymillion which would be 3,200,000/300 = 10k:1

I'm not sure if I looking at it the correct way. But I know spending 300 on a single draw (every 15 weeks) is a lot better than spending 20 euro a week which is a waste of time. Some would argue the idea of playing at all is a waste.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Janiyah Bumpy Razor

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    Are these alt lottos in places like PP, BS etc..?

I wouldn't know where to start tbh but the odds on lotto 5,4,3,2,1 I think is 70k:1 for 7 number game and 125k:1 for 6 number game.

There's also an issue with me not being 100% confident in signing up for a betting website for obvious reasons but if odds were great I could play with a small group.

Is there a particular game I should look into?

I played the Finland lotto which is 5mil:1 (half the irish lotto) and is 50c per line but I won feck all on it anyway, although I didn't spend much over time.

At that cost €300 = 600 lines so 5,000,000/600 would be about 8,000:1 chance of jackpot. Whereas Irish lotto €300 is 10,000,000/150 lines = 66k:1 odds for jackpot.

Another one I was thinking of trying is dailymillion which would be 3,200,000/300 = 10k:1

I'm not sure if I looking at it the correct way. But I know spending 300 on a single draw (every 15 weeks) is a lot better than spending 20 euro a week which is a waste of time. Some would argue the idea of playing at all is a waste.:o

There is no easy answer, but there are a couple of important points:

a) If you are playing any lotto(s) in order to pay-off any type of fiscal debt, then don’t. Clear it first.

b) If you are playing lotto from the perspective of attaining straight line profit, then don’t. You will always be at a disadvantage, due to the operators cut. Only the Dubai ‘raffle’ (not lotto) may be close to an even spread.

Lotto should only be played for light entertainment and/or experiment based around the LoA or concept of ‘luck’. Or if you are keen to give to ‘good causes’ and ‘foreign pension funds’ at the same time.

The luckiest (and unluckiest) man alive is considered to be Frane Selak. A chap in Sydney won $1m aud twice within days. Another bloke who was named “Punching Above Your Weight” champion 4yrs ago
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/wealth/viral-competition-winner-scores-18-million-lotto-prize/news-story/8f99f7c1a54782b655e1adcec6aefc7b has also just won 1m.

Anyway the best value depends upon your target, and whether you wish to give to good causes before/after or not at all. If you are only interested in the best ratio, then standard Ire54321 does not offer the best ratio.

So define your target, is it 30k, 1m or 100m+.
    Decide on 'good causes' factor, included or not.
    Other factors may be ease of use, or validation of operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sn@kebite

There is no easy answer, but there are a couple of important points:

a) If you are playing any lotto(s) in order to pay-off any type of fiscal debt, then don’t. Clear it first.

b) If you are playing lotto from the perspective of attaining straight line profit, then don’t. You will always be at a disadvantage, due to the operators cut. Only the Dubai ‘raffle’ (not lotto) may be close to an even spread.

Anyway the best value depends upon your target, and whether you wish to give to good causes before/after or not at all. If you are only interested in the best ratio, then standard Ire54321 does not offer the best ratio.

So define your target, is it 30k, 1m or 100m+.
    Decide on 'good causes' factor, included or not.
    Other factors may be ease of use, or validation of operator.
    Honestly it's hard to say, I'm experimenting atm. I played dubai dutyfree 4 times and din't win. But I wanted to think about playing a system in something like the smaller lotteries.

I think i would be happy winning anything. I'm not in debt at all which is a plus. I have every intention of keeping it that way. it would always be just to try our luck as a small group.

For example I the 240EUR which dubai costs was all put in at one time to a small lotto it could bring jackpot odds down lower with the added chance of winning lower tier prizes. If it was a 30k payout how much would a broker charge for that?

Advertisement