Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 2

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I haven't got to Hitman 2 yet but I really came to love the episodic format in 1, shame they stopped it.

The episodic format suited Hitman 1 really well. But as usual it got heavily criticized by some gamer's just for the sake of being criticized because.... well you know gamer's on the internet must rage about everything.

You can still play Hitman 2 in the same way but you're relying on self restraint.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Azza wrote: »
    The episodic format suited Hitman 1 really well. But as usual it got heavily criticized by some gamer's just for the sake of being criticized because.... well you know gamer's on the internet must rage about everything.

You can still play Hitman 2 in the same way but you're relying on self restraint.

I have feck all self restraint :) I read that Hitman 2 wouldn't be episodic because of all the complaints the first got. Reading social media comments was so annoying, dopes saying they refused to buy the last one and won't buy 2 unless it was a full game at launch. Hitman said you got it out, but guess what, the majority of these absolute eejits didn't buy 2 and had no intention of it, just wanted to moan. I saw some people stand up for the episodic last game who had the same feeling as me, thought it was a **** move to pull, played it and realised how well it worked. They got destroyed in any comments I read.

People are just assholes I'm afraid.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have feck all self restraint :) I read that Hitman 2 wouldn't be episodic because of all the complaints the first got. Reading social media comments was so annoying, dopes saying they refused to buy the last one and won't buy 2 unless it was a full game at launch. Hitman said you got it out, but guess what, the majority of these absolute eejits didn't buy 2 and had no intention of it, just wanted to moan. I saw some people stand up for the episodic last game who had the same feeling as me, thought it was a **** move to pull, played it and realised how well it worked. They got destroyed in any comments I read.

People are just assholes I'm afraid.

Not to take the thread off topic but it is indeed annoying reading many game forums and comment sections. A large % of posters have this black and white view of everything with no in between. If you try to present an opposing side to the prevailing herd point of view you get screamed at or called a shill etc.
    To be honest I don't think its just gamers who do this though.

Anyway back on to Hitman 2. Checking my Steam stats I got 167 hours out of Hitman 1 and reside on 47 for Hitman 2 so far and that will rise over the coming weeks and months. Its a game I'll spend a few hours every couple of days over the weeks and months and really get my money's worth out of for a single player game.

As I said already I really get what the developers are aiming for here and appreciate the games narrow focus. Its a game that's not targeting typical mass market appeal but appealing to a specific mindset. It makes the type of gamer who gets it very happy but on the other hand leaves the majority of players cold. I appreciate these types of game very much and am only too happy to play them now because I know they cannot be made indefinitely. At the end of the day game developers are businesses that need to make money and with publisher's to appease each game needs to make more money than the last. But the last two Hitman games really feel like the developers have really listened to what the more dedicated fans of the series wanted and developed a game with them in mind. A case of gameplay/artistic vision not being compromised to make the bottom line (although they of course they hoped that vision would make them tons of money).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Picked up the gold edition over xmas and was playing the first 2 episodes of Hitman 1 last night and after completing the Paris episode, I got an issue saying non of the legacy episodes had been available, anyone ever see similar?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Picked up the gold edition over xmas and was playing the first 2 episodes of Hitman 1 last night and after completing the Paris episode, I got an issue saying non of the legacy episodes had been available, anyone ever see similar?

...and it sorted itself out.

Tried it a few hours ago, all Hitman 1 legacy missions available as well as Ghost Mode and Sniper.

Back to killing people for fun while waiting for Resident evil 2. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wasn't enjoying it at all, until i turned the mission helper off. Now i'm fricking loving it. Feels like classic Hitman to me now.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wasn't enjoying it at all, until i turned the mission helper off. Now i'm fricking loving it. Feels like classic Hitman to me now.

Ya, I whacked it up to Master difficulty and even though its tougher, its a more enjoyable game to play through.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hitman HD Collection is being released on the 11th Jan, includes both Blood Money and Absolution.
    Today we’re happy and excited to announce Hitman HD Enhanced Collection, a compilation of two classic Hitman titles remastered in 4K resolution: Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution. It will be available digitally January 11, 2019, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Both games can be played in 4K resolution and 60 fps, including many other improvements that bring these two classic titles into 2019 with the attention and love that they deserve.

“We’re very happy with this collection and how we were able to update and remaster two of our classic Hitman titles for modern consoles,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO, IO Interactive. “Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution have helped us on our journey to where we are today, and we’re looking forward to players enjoying them in 4K and 60 fps.”

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection will feature:

4K visuals at 60 frames per second
    Increased texture resolution
    Upgraded texture formats
    Super-sampling
    Upscale support
    Heightened shadow map and mirror resolutions
    Improved lighting
    Updated controls for a more fluid experience

Kinda sad that they didn't just remix the levels in Hitman 2, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Very excited about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Any excuse to replay Blood Money for the 500th time , bring it on!

• Advertisement

Surprised that they went backward compatible not long ago with this coming out. I'd have paid a few bob to have the bloodmoney stuff in Hitman 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1081188502237339650

Dunno anything about pricing or if one can buy just Blood money but that's a quick announcement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1081188502237339650

Dunno anything about pricing or if one can buy just Blood money but that's a quick announcement

I think IOI are so desperate for cash that they can't afford to hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The PC versions have been able to run that well for a while now with tweaks. Got 1-3 on gog then BM on steam. They run far into triple digit FPS.
    https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Hitman:_Blood_Money

Couldn't care less about Absolution but I'll definitely pick it up for Blood Money. Hitman 2 is half price as well at the moment on the PSN store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What's the verdict on Hitman 2 compared to the last game? I loved Hitman 1 so if this is anywhere near as good I'd be very tempted to pick it up at half price.

shrewdness wrote: »
    What's the verdict on Hitman 2 compared to the last game? I loved Hitman 1 so if this is anywhere near as good I'd be very tempted to pick it up at half price.

I bought it yesterday, only played the first mission and about 5 minutes of the second. Haven't had the time to get stuck in. So far seems like more of the last game. Which is OK in my book.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is it not basically the exact same game as Hitman 1, just a bunch of new episodes all released at once instead of dripfed?

awec wrote: »
    Is it not basically the exact same game as Hitman 1, just a bunch of new episodes all released at once instead of dripfed?

Played it for a few hours yesterday and that really sums it up. You can be a bit overwhelmed, as the levels are just as big and intricate as the last one but they are all available at once. It would take a while to go back through them for all the unlocks and challenges etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It is pretty much a copy of the first game but with additional mechanics and touch ups that make it marginally better. Maps also seem a lot bigger.

It's a game that requires discipline though to master an area (to a decent degree) before moving on to the next level.

• Advertisement

I've not played the first one but I've being playing the first 2 missions of Hitman 2 and the Training pretty much to death until I see and get to the highest rating I can.

You can definitely have fun with multiple play throughs and tactics in each mission, cant see it getting repetitive just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finished the "Game", so im now backtracking grabbing all the area specific achievements.

Its fun to see things happening from a different angle.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got it cheap. It's pretty good. Frustrating at times when you can't figure out at all what to do.

The maps are big which is annoying sometimes because he runs really slow.

Ouch they want 59.99 for the HD enhanced games :eek:

Enfilade wrote: »
    Ouch they want 59.99 for the HD enhanced games :eek:

I'd probably pay 30 for Blood Money again. But 60 for both? no thanks

Finally got around to starting this last night. Decided to go through the legacy missions first before starting the new content. Disappointed to see some of the same bugs are still present in the game like in Paris with the camera and new reporter, she puts the camera down and walks away instead of waiting for Victor. Had to restart it 4 times to get it to work.

Some free content out for this today, Snow Festival. Think it might have been part of the first game too but allows you access to the Hokkaido Legacy pack aswell.

Have it downloading now so will get through it later.

Want to get the most of this before RE2 drops and takes over my life.

jpg

DLC Roadmap; a Bank sounds pretty intimate but I'm hoping the Resort is more like the Miami & Sapienza maps in terms of Size

• Advertisement

That season pass is looking more and more over priced. The sniper maps are ok but from what was in the main game they are not substantial content by any stretch. Pass 39.99 btw.

Advertisement