Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inherited Comics

• 07-04-2018 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there,

Wondering if I can get some advice. I've inherited a large collection of American comics from the 80s and 90s. Some appear (from initial google searches) to be worth a fair amount each. They are all bagged and boarded and in very good condition from what this untrained eye can see. I have little interest in hanging onto them, so I'm wondering what might be the best way of selling them giving that I know very little about the industry. Any advice most appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Hi there,

Wondering if I can get some advice. I've inherited a large collection of American comics from the 80s and 90s. Some appear (from initial google searches) to be worth a fair amount each. They are all bagged and boarded and in very good condition from what this untrained eye can see. I have little interest in hanging onto them, so I'm wondering what might be the best way of selling them giving that I know very little about the industry. Any advice most appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Ebay if you wanted to sell them individually but that can be time consuming. You could try to sell them as a one complete lot to someone. About how many comics do you have and what price would you be looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭JayRoc

One thing I would say, is that you should be prepared for the likelihood of the actual value of the books you have inherited being very different to what you might have read on the internet.

Advertisement