Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI Independent Appeals Board

• 16-03-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi, I was refused my appeal to SUSI as I was previously attended but did not finish a third level course. This was due to medical reasons. I have been getting the run around from SUSI as they cancelled my application twice. Long complicated story as I had to move home for a few months due to illness. Because of this I was deemed a dependant mature, I'm 38 years old and I am not financially dependant on my parents. This system is really unfair.

SUSI have done so may things wrong with my case (I know because I'm getting help from someone who used to work there and she knows the inner workings and says the incompetence is astounding).
    I appealed to the independant appeals board a month ago, its coming close to the end of college and I have heard nothing yet.

I know they have 60 days to reply but this is bloody torture.

Has anyone heard from the independent appeals board? Good outcome? How did it go? Did anyone need to send in more documents to them or do they send you back to SUSI all over again.

Any info about how the process went for someone would be really helpful, just so I'm not completely in the dark.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sec1307

How did you get on with the appeal? I'm thinking of appealing a SUSI decision

Advertisement