Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

nix wrote: »
    So is this game gonna be single player? or heavy multiplayer?

Much of a story? or just hunting monsters and grinding gear?

Single player with optional online co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Multilayer is where it's at for MH, historically. It's all about grinding for gear with friends, improving yourself so you can reach the end-game.
    `

Cheers, would i get much out of the game playing single? can i solo the game?

I tend to play my ps4 games solo and use PC for multi, so just wondering which platform to get it on really.

I guess what im asking, Is it heavily multi player reliant? or is it not very reliant like the likes of dark souls? as in optional for extra fun but not necessary at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

`

I tend to play my ps4 games solo and use PC for multi, so just wondering which platform to get it on really.

I guess what im asking, Is it heavily multi player reliant? or is it not very reliant like the likes of dark souls? as in optional for extra fun but not necessary at all?

It's just as viable to complete solo as via multiplayer. Only difference is that monster's health increases when doing quests with other players.

And apparently they've focused on the story more than any previous game in the series but even still, I imagine it will mostly be all about hunting monsters and crafting weapons and armour from loot drops.

There's one last beta this weekend for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some highlights from the Famitsu review.
    50-60 hours to reach the ending. Lots of replay value after that.
    * Massive increase in the feeling of presence, and lots of QoL changes make it a more comfortable experience. Truly worthy of being called the next generation Monster Hunter.
    * The seamless areas keep you in the action, without an interruptions.
    * The pacing of the action has also been increased.
    * A wide range of information, from weapon trees to monster weakpoints and parts that can be broken can now all be checked in-game, making it much easier even for new players to start the game.
    * Scoutflies are revolutionary.
    * The areas spread out in all directions, there's always more things to find or see.
    * The story has a strong, solid through line.
    * Definitely a game for cat lovers.
    * It also includes systems that series' fans can dig down deeper into.

Thanks guys, im sold. It's been a long time coming, time to dip my toe in the monster hunter world. Now.... where do i get my hands on the cheapest copy/bargin? Besides gamestop of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

`

A lot of MH fans pride themselves on doing multiplayer hunts solo. Its sort of "that how you should play it" for a lot of them. After finishing main story single player hunts I loved going solo hunts where you needed 4 people. You would really use your skill.

I dont know about new one. For some reason I feel they will very "westernise" it. Though from what I olayed so far I loved it. Can't wait for it!!! Lance for life!!!!

Thanks guys, im sold. It's been a long time coming, time to dip my toe in the monster hunter world. Now.... where do i get my hands on the cheapest copy/bargin? Besides gamestop of course...

Online retailers, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'll hold out for the PC release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I saw there was a delay for the pc, but i didn't realise it was that long. Oh well, will have a look in half a year i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I love MH games and I have sank a lot of time on MH4. Though what I always found that demos do very very bad job to show off what game is really about.
    It just shows a bit of combat with preset gear, where in reality it is a lootwhores wildest dream. You go for those hunts to get materials for armour set you really want. You realise that you need specific parts that drop if you damage particular part of the monster, like horns or cutting off tail, clipping wings. So different weapons are better for specific body parts.
    On top of that fighting new monster always exciting and scary as you dont know what to expect. Then when you finally manage to beat it, you run to your smyth to see what gear you can craft out of the new monster ball sack and tongue!
    It was never a game for everyone as biggest complain everyone had was - grinding. Tp me it was best part of the game as I loved working on new set, new weapon, experimenting with gear and gems to make some cool skill combos.

I love the series, but MH generations did not really got my love. New fighting styles looked cool on paper and they are, but you realise how easy it is to cheese it, specially with aerial styles.

I am disappointed a bit that is out on consoles as I was so excited about swtich and its extra power. It was always one thing that I wanted for franchise. I did not really wanted it on home console and now switch is not even getting it. :(

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

now switch is not even getting it. :(

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got to try the beta for the first time tonight and man is it tough going back to console gaming having played on a PC exclusively for the last 2 years. When playing on a PSPro in Framerate mode it seems to jump around depending on whats going on in game. Sometimes it feels like its hitting 50-60 FPS while others (most of the time/fighting monsters) its around 30-35. There also seems to be terrible stutter while rotating the camera.

Having said all that i kind of didn't notice the FPS and stutter while in combat with monsters. Seems like there is a fun and interesting game here but im gonna wait for the PC release. Its 2018, 60FPS at the very least should be standard on consoles by now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Big huge Beta starting today dude, try it again and make sure.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Big huge Beta starting today dude, try it again and make sure.

Id love to, but im connecting from my mobile (400kb at best) while waiting on Eir to install the internet lines on my road, and then sky to come out and hook me up, hoping it will be sorted by next week (im waiting since beginning of November :( )

I watched the vid above and it looks like my cup of tea, so ive no problem in splashing out and taking the risk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I didn’t know there was another beta for this until sony sent me an email.

Looking forward to giving it another bash.

I think I want to get it at launch. I’m assuming the network issues will be ironed out but I’m half tempted to wait and make sure before purchase.

The last beta was Dragon Ball Fighterz bad but it was hard enough to get on at times.

And I know it’s a beta but still it doesn’t inspire confidence

Tried to play, but my mate's PS4 pads are both busted (R2 sticking).

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Tried to play, but my mate's PS4 pads are both busted (R2 sticking).

auh bummer, spillage on both pads? I dont think ive had that issue on any of my pads ever, even when growing up, maybe an N64 pad but only from giving it a lend to a mate. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Played a lot of the beta last night and today....
    I'm in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I'll be getting this, didn't bother with the beta though, didn't want to ruin anything for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn, I didnt realised its out this week!!! Hopefully my new credit card will come in time. Thanks to One plus one website someone bought themselves a nice holiday in Italy. :pac:

60eu in smyths I see. I presume it will be 69.99eu in MS store? For the sale of 10 quid ill get digital version.

A lot of people won't give a damn but I know one or two of ye *cough* Elianna Brief Self-confidence *cough* :pac: are trophy hunters like me.....

http://www.powerpyx.com/monster-hunter-world-trophy-list-revealed/

On the lookout for a Pro so thought why not grab the Monster Hunter Pro but of course nowhere in Ireland seems to be stocking it.

On the lookout for a Pro so thought why not grab the Monster Hunter Pro but of course nowhere in Ireland seems to be stocking it.

I would not mind picking one up as well, have not seen it on the usual sites either.

Xenji wrote: »
    I would not mind picking one up as well, have not seen it on the usual sites either.

It's retailer exclusive, in the US Gamestop have it and in the UK game. Over here no one has any idea so I assume that we ain't getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was talking alot of **** about this in my last post, but i went ahead and pre-ordered it tonight :o:o:o Tried it again for the last 3 hours the beta was live and i really got stuck into it. Tried more of the weapons and killed the Nergigante monster. Roll on Friday

Where ya'll buying from? any good bargains? Amazon is best I've seen... that i trust

It's retailer exclusive, in the US Gamestop have it and in the UK game. Over here no one has any idea so I assume that we ain't getting it.

Might actually get it from Game and get a friend to bring it over, I love the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Where ya'll buying from? any good bargains? Amazon is best I've seen... that i trust

When it comes to PC I'll pick it up on GOG if it releases there. If it's steam only or something else I'll likely get it from a digital retailer for cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

reviews seem to be very positive so far

Advertisement