Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else get the first issue of the 2000AD Ultimate Collection?

• 30-08-2017 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Never read the comics before but I'd heard they were good. Couldn't go wrong with €2.80 for the first issue. Absolutely blown away by the art of Sláine. My only complaint is I wish it was a weekly thing, will take about three years to collect them all every fortnight. Ah well, I'm looking forward to it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its a great idea for a partwork collection I justwished that they waited till the Judge Dredd Mega Collection finished first before they released this partwork collection. There is so much great stuff which such variety from 2000 AD over the past 40 years. I think they mention that there will be 13 Slaine books overall in this collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i signed up, has anyone got the list of whats coming
    is it in any shops i looked in easons i thought id get a look but no sign

Tigger wrote: »
    i signed up, has anyone got the list of whats coming
    is it in any shops i looked in easons i thought id get a look but no sign

From what been said around 70 of the 80 have been announced I'll dig the list out and post it here.

The second issue was due out this week but was put back a week till next week, Wednesday,

2000 AD Books.

CONFIRMED
    ABC Warriors: 6
    Ace Trucking: 2
    Ampney Crucis: 1
    Bad Company: 2
    Caballistics: 2
    Future Shocks: 2
    Halo Jones: 1
    Hewligan/Sooner: 1
    Judge Dredd: 3
    Meltdown Man: 1
    Nemesis: 4
    Nikolai Dante: 9
    Rogue Trooper: 5
    Shakara: 2
    Sláine: 13
    Skizz/DR & Qunich: 1
    Savage/Invasion!: 4
    Sinister Dexter: 3
    Strontium Dog: 10

NUMBERS UNKNOWN
    Durham Red ??: 1
    Kingdom ??: 1
    Robo-Hunter ??: 1
    Stickleback ??: 1
    Zombo ??: 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Halo Jones blew my mind first time round, havent read it since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

I have the first 24 volumes of the ultimate collection and am enjoying it. Is the only way to get these in Ireland through the subscription on the hachette website? The site says shop purchases are for UK only. EUR 14.99 vs GBP9.99 seems to be very steep even including delivery...anybody know of a cheaper way of getting these?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

cannco253 wrote: »
    I have the first 24 volumes of the ultimate collection and am enjoying it. Is the only way to get these in Ireland through the subscription on the hachette website? The site says shop purchases are for UK only. EUR 14.99 vs GBP9.99 seems to be very steep even including delivery...anybody know of a cheaper way of getting these?
    There’s isn’t one.

You could always try eBay in 3-4 years?

I'm living in a small town and my local newsagent gets it on the shelf every release day I was in Dublin last week and Easons has it on the shelf. If your wanting to get via post contact Forbidden Planet or Big Bang in Dublin see if they can post it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

what price is easons selling them for ?

what price is easons selling them for ?

€14.99 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was collecting it, had a subscription for it delivered via PM which was a fairly significant saving over the Irish sub price set up a DD to Revolut and it worked fine.

I am a 2000a.d fan but Dredd, Slaine and Rogue trooper would be my main interests.
    A.B.C warriors and Waugh would spark my interest too but after looking at the planned books, there is a bit of dross in there that I had no interest in.

I actually cancelled my Subscription a few weeks ago as I managed to pick up a full Judge Dredd collection a few weeks ago via a Judge Dredd/2000a.d group on Facebook for 250.
    Absolute bargain.

Advertisement