Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Roosters first half was brilliant . Cowboys Golden point win was incredible, I have never seen anything like that before

Titans right back in this one now too.

Edit: Titans made a decent game of second half but that Roosters try has sealed it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Great defence by Storm but god the Bulldogs run out of ideas when they get near the try line. And their kicking stinks.

We certainly do the running sideways has to stop. And the kicking is driving all doggies fans nuts, it's ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if Des Hassler is sacked this year. Will struggle to make top 8.

We certainly do the running sideways has to stop. And the kicking is driving all doggies fans nuts, it's ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if Des Hassler is sacked this year. Will struggle to make top 8.

Even as a neutral it was infuriating to watch, they had enough to win that.

Couple of interesting games in the morning .I expect to see the Eels win there first game,they are so like Liverpool that way... Great team in the 80s ,will start the comp well only half way through the year melt down and next year will be there year. As for the Knights Great fans , Great support Good rugby Area they really should produce something one of these years just like there opponents the Warriors. And Manly? Who cares everyone hates Manly. Should be an interesting morning of footy

Couple of interesting games in the morning .I expect to see the Eels win there first game,they are so like Liverpool that way... Great team in the 80s ,will start the comp well only half way through the year melt down and next year will be there year. As for the Knights Great fans , Great support Good rugby Area they really should produce something one of these years just like there opponents the Warriors. And Manly? Who cares everyone hates Manly. Should be an interesting morning of footy

Much as I love the sport, my satellite box will have to record these. 3am and 5am starts. Warriors will flatter to decieve as they always do.

• Advertisement

Warriors scraped a win against the Knights, decent game, lot of errors from both teams unsurprisingly, Warriors missed Luke in 2nd half but they really missed Mannering when he went off, seemed a bit rudderless without him.

Good atmosphere, unless NZ TV have better crowd mics, the crowd really got behind them. Love the NZ commentary team, it's like they're having a chat half the time.

Plenty of signs of improvement from the Knights, hopefully they have a decent season.

Not a bad first round ( except the doggies losing but I expect a good bit of that this season ) did anyone predict there top 8
    I will go:
    Storm
    Cowboys
    Roosters
    South's
    Broncos
    Penrith
    Tigpies
    And Maybe the Dragons this year for an outside bet

Not a bad first round ( except the doggies losing but I expect a good bit of that this season ) did anyone predict there top 8
    I will go:
    Storm
    Cowboys
    Roosters
    South's
    Broncos
    Penrith
    Tigpies
    And Maybe the Dragons this year for an outside bet

I know fupp all about NRL but I'll go

Panthers
    Storm
    Raiders
    Broncos
    Sharks
    Cowboys
    Tigers
    Warriors (because I feel I should)

Rabbitohs will probably end up top 8 but can't drop the Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Plenty of great action on the opening weekend. I wish I'd gotten up early to catch the Cowboys/Raiders game live. Some of those hits from Martin Taupau against the Eels today were ferocious.

As regards the top 8, I'll go...

Cowboys
    Storm
    Broncos
    Sharks
    Raiders
    Panthers
    Roosters
    Eels

I'd love to see the Warriors make it though.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Greg is out for the season :(

However , I did get talking to a woman who claimed to be Dylan Walkers gf's mum......she reckons he's redfern bound again late in the season.Watch this space

• Advertisement

Greg is out for the season :(

However , I did get talking to a woman who claimed to be Dylan Walkers gf's mum......she reckons he's redfern bound again late in the season.Watch this space

You can't get more reliable sources than that :)

Plenty of great action on the opening weekend. I wish I'd gotten up early to catch the Cowboys/Raiders game live. Some of those hits from Martin Taupau against the Eels today were ferocious.

Just watched that full game ( Manly v Eels) Taupau was in beast mode unbelievable hits. Manly did well to hold them out as much as they did.

Tapou out for two games after the judiciary tonight .......could do with not having him around for our game against them saturday

Tapou out for two games after the judiciary tonight .......could do with not having him around for our game against them saturday

But unfortunately for you ( I take it you're a bunnys fan) no inglas for you which I Would consider a bigger loss. Next round has some great games
    Roosters v dogs
    Manly v Bunnys
    Broncos v cowboys
    Tigers v panthers
    Eels v Dragons
    Even the knighrs v titans should be interesting.
    Love the NRL.

Massive massive blow for us , but leaves the door open to field both Cook and Farah at the same time and have them both play 80 mins.

Im backing roosters , broncos , tigers , parramatta , titans , storm , canberra ..... and souths by a slim slim margin

Ill take a crack so...
    Roosters (unfortunately, but Des has a lot of work to do with the doggies .Going to be a long season for us doggie fans )
    Storm
    Cowboys
    Knights ( I would love it to start coming together for them this year)
    Souths (Just)
    Raiders (Ennis and Barba are too big a loss)
    Penrith ( A blip last week for the Panthers, these guys are highly tipped to go all the way. although the tigpies have a lot of talent but I reckon they spent too much last week. Tedesco was getting sick at the side of the pitch at the end of the game last week.)
    Parra (they will continue there early season form before it all goes bang mid season)

on another note you guys should check out "the full 80 nrl podcast" its pretty good , just a few fans sitting around talking all things footy.

Paul Carter on the extended bench for Roosters again , Word is he's back on the booze. Shame , such a great player.

Paul Carter on the extended bench for Roosters again , Word is he's back on the booze. Shame , such a great player.

Good player but has huge issues off the pitch. Could be curtains for him.

Bulldogs just ran out of time for their comeback against the Roosters looks like, couple of real steam roller tries too, at work so only got to periodically catch up with the NRL twitter feed of the game.

Incidentally I think the NRL twitter feed is excellent, great little clips and every score is tweeted. Only problem is if like me, you record the crazy early games to watch later, you have to avoid twitter until you've seen them.

I watched this game Live . In fairness the Rooster were far more dangerous looking. It was a great game of footy . Roosters definitely deserved to win.

• Advertisement

I caught the highlights and it seemed like a great game. Roosters are looking quite good in these early stages.

Broncos vs Cowboys should be very interesting.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Blake ferguson looks to have been badly injured , looks like he broke a rib , plus the dumb **** punched a door on the way up the tunnel :D

Looks like a lovely evening in New Zealand :) Hopefully a good close game (and Warriors win, though it's not starting like that!) to build up for what's usually a classic, Broncos take on the Cowboys.

D'oh. Warriors 100% record lasted a game. Storm look good as usual again this year.

Now for the main event of the day!

Edit Cowboys outplayed in that half but only trail by 2, sign of a great team.

And within 2minutes of 2nd half they're in front.

Cowboys are a great team. JT is a magician

man I went for breakfast came back to that score 21 20 cowboys, gonna have to watch that game later. cowboys becoming masters of winning tight games

Thurston always seems to pull it out of the bag. Some mad conditions for the Warriors/Storm game. Credit to the fans in the stadium braving that.

Thurston always seems to pull it out of the bag. Some mad conditions for the Warriors/Storm game. Credit to the fans in the stadium braving that.

The biggest disappointment ever as a doggies fan was letting him go.

• Advertisement

The Knights have done it! Great game, they've won after 300 and however many days they've done it!

Now to catch up with the Manly Souths game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement