Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hip Hop SuperThread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Love the new Rusangano tune. The lads are making some pretty big waves all over the place too, delighted to see it! Album releasing at midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pretty decent DJ set, worth a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI32T7PVcXs

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lovely new song and video from Linco and Ger Kellett (5th Element)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mathman, formerly of The Animators and now producer for Mango has teamed up with The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, here's the first single:

Here one of the Mango jams on the grime tip

• Advertisement

New EP from Rebel Phoenix

https://rebelphoenix.bandcamp.com/album/never-die-part-one

Sounds decent.

Bitter Roc dropped a new EP yesterday called October 16th.
    Features from Nuie, Ace, Flynn Johnson, Mango, Bradshaw and more.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/october-16-ep/id1167251579

New EP from Rebel Phoenix, free download

https://rebelphoenix.bandcamp.com/album/the-jackpot-ep

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DCboy13

First off, amazing thread lads. Wish I'd found this years ago.

Seems I can't post links or anything cause I'm new, but have any of ye heard anything from the young guys in Limerick coming up under Rusangano and Deviant? Same D4ence and Jonen Dekay to name a couple. I know them so I'm biased but just wondering if you guys have come across any of their stuff...

Once i'm a few posts deep and Boards says I'm a legit human I will link some of it here.

Love me a bit of Rusango, I've heard some of the other names but no music rings a bell....are they on the batlte scene as well?

Here's a new track from 5th Element x Doublescreen x Mango

New Rebel Phoenix track

There's also a new track from some lads from Bray called Lawriii Craic and Just G called Patience. it's not on uTube that I can find, but pretty daycent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DCboy13

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Love me a bit of Rusango, I've heard some of the other names but no music rings a bell....are they on the batlte scene as well?

Here's a new track from 5th Element x Doublescreen x Mango

New Rebel Phoenix track

There's also a new track from some lads from Bray called Lawriii Craic and Just G called Patience. it's not on uTube that I can find, but pretty daycent.

The Lawrii Craic fella killed it I thought on this thing , specially first verse I thought was slick out.

The lads wouldn't be in the battle scene really, Same D4ence would be a few years senior in age to Jonen and Aswell and the rest.

Same D vid there, was part of an EP they put out 6 months ago, check links in vid for that.

Jonen Dekay Soundcloud

And heres jonens mixtape he released last year. For me, if you listen to his flow, he switches it up so smoothly and he just has something unique about his style I think, but again, I'm biased. He's like 17 but I don't think his age is an indicator of his skill.

Worked with both of these on an EP recently, so this is kind've a plug, but i do hope you enjoy.

Remix of Mango - Badman (The MathMan Dipped In Mosch Remix)

Dope as f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Scaryeire2017

Some unbelievable talent here!
    There's another lad going around in limerick called Kangruv. He's not big or anything but I've heard some good things. Also, the people you mentioned, a few of
    Them are getting rte play now!
    Irish hip hop on the rise

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Some nice lads I bumped into a few weeks ago :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Heard this via the rubber bandits fb page, and really like it.

Rejjie Snow - Flexin

Rejjie has released some great stuff over the years and well worth checking out.
    He gets alot of shtick from the local community over accents, but I don't buy into that, he makes tracks that are much higher standard than others.

Mini Doc with Mo-K, Ger Kellett(5th Element) and Flynn Johnson put together by Aaron Flemming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wackbeatz

Wow, this video is fantastic. Gave me a whole other perspective on hip hop in ireland - Mo K was hitting the nail on the head in every way. Got me wicked passionate!

hi guys - new to posting about irish acts on here but a friend of mine has recently begun releasing some of the music he's been making over the last year or 2.

definitely worth checking him out if you're interested in the hip hop scene in ireland.

A set of instrumentals from Mathman, these were recorded for The Animators but never got released

https://yomathman.bandcamp.com/album/no-bars-no-hooks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 GaniyuTLG

Heard this via the rubber bandits fb page, and really like it.

Rejjie Snow - Flexin

Rejjie got that Fire!! For real

This is another LiTT Group!!

new artist jim dollard with another track. showing a lot of versatility as a new artist - lots of different flows/rhyme schemes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Sp9ZibRY

Interesting stuff. Where is the Animation from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeaHigh94

Hi guys :)

Just wanted to share something I released yesterday, written and produced by myself :)

Hope you don't mind me posting it here, I'm new to the hip hop thing and just wanted to have it heard :)

I can't post links cos I'm a new user but check out Sea High - To Everyone on YouTube and see what you guys think if you like :)

GaniyuTLG wrote: »
    Interesting stuff. Where is the Animation from?

It's an looped GIF from 'The Garden of Words' I believe. More animation of that style on his channel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

SeaHigh94 wrote: »
    Hi guys :)

Just wanted to share something I released yesterday, written and produced by myself :)

Hope you don't mind me posting it here, I'm new to the hip hop thing and just wanted to have it heard :)

I can't post links cos I'm a new user but check out Sea High - To Everyone on YouTube and see what you guys think if you like :)

Great flow, keep it up.

another track from jim dollard.

anyone recognise the sample? lyrics to go...

another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

New york & Ireland on the same track? check this out lads

Advertisement